YES IT IS APT to compare Trump to WW2

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2016, 09:14 AM
RE: YES IT IS APT to compare Trump to WW2
It doesn't have to be identical to be too close for comfort. There's enough similarities to Hitler to cause grave concern. Idi Amin, Mussolini, and Mao also come to mind. Trump has his own brand of post-modern oligarchical fascism.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like I'mFred's post
23-12-2016, 09:32 AM
After the Eight of Hate what did we expect?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-12-2016, 10:00 AM
(23-12-2016 09:32 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  After the Eight of Hate what did we expect?

I guess I missed that one. Who are the Eight of Hate? His cabinet? His former GOP competitors?
23-12-2016, 10:07 AM
(23-12-2016 10:00 AM)ImFred Wrote:  
(23-12-2016 09:32 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  After the Eight of Hate what did we expect?

I guess I missed that one. Who are the Eight of Hate? His cabinet? His former GOP competitors?
The eight years between 2009 and 2016, inclusive.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-12-2016, 10:59 AM
I'd love to archive threads like this, that predict doom and gloom --- and toss them back out in 4 years or so -- when absolutely nothing has really changed........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
23-12-2016, 11:24 AM
(23-12-2016 10:59 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I'd love to archive threads like this, that predict doom and gloom --- and toss them back out in 4 years or so -- when absolutely nothing has really changed........

Just keep a list of the links...but to be fair, you need to post it even if stuff does happen...

At a minimum everyone can discuss just what is important enough to count as a change towards the better/worse.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
23-12-2016, 11:35 AM
(23-12-2016 09:08 AM)Dom Wrote:  Thing is, if he could, he would become Hitler like. Trump thinks he can do anything. And he is mentally ill, I have no doubt whatsoever that he is a malignant narcissist. He isn't all that educated or intelligent, but he is sly.

So far I see everyone excusing everything he does. His sons offer dinner with him for a million bucks and nobody cares. This after Clinton was called a crook for collecting money for speeches she gave, based on her education and experience.

Much of what is tolerated from him is just unbelievable to me, and listening to his supporters on CNN (educated people) gives me the shivers.

The last thing I want is to normalize Trump's bullshit, but being hyperbolic is often counter productive. Be vigilant, hold his feet to the fire. Yeah, Trump's hypocrisy is Grade-A bullshit, as is the media's general apathetic lack of coverage; but going straight for Godwin will, in many instances, shut down the conversation and be unproductive. I don't like him either, and he's as close to a tyrant as our system can allow (an envelope I never want to test ever again), but that still doesn't make him Hitler. I'm sure there's more than enough already to attack him on directly that you don't need to grasp at those straws quite yet. There may be in the future, but not quite yet.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
23-12-2016, 01:18 PM
(23-12-2016 06:44 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  The same hyper nationalism and appeal to German's Christian right wing population.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/lovejoyfemi...-1935.html

We could say it for pretty much all Republican POTUS (and many Democrats) since the Cold War started. Hyper nationalism and support from Christian fundamentalism was pretty much George W. Bush base. Reagan used pretty much the same thing for his rise to power when opposed to Carter's "anti-americanism". Trump gain his support from paleoconservatives, minarchists and suburban middle class that were left behind by the economical recovery of 2009 and foward. Trump will push the political spectrum of America more on the right and give wings and legitimacy to, since then, discredited forms of authoritarian conservatism in the USA.

PS: What the hell is this doing in the history section? This is clearly a discussion about political actuality.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
23-12-2016, 02:27 PM
I think if trump is compared to Hitler the problem arises if trump doesn't quite match up exactly with Hitler. Then his defenders can say..."see, he didn't kill 6 million Jews in concentration camps so he's not all that bad". Dodgy

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
23-12-2016, 02:29 PM
(23-12-2016 07:28 AM)skyking Wrote:  No, it is offensive to do so. You are welcome to use the term 'Hitlers rise to power' if you want.
To compare it to the war is an insult to the victims and survivors and families of men who fought in the war, like ME!
I am equally pissed off about the election results and current state of affairs, and fearful of the future.

Censorship ill becomes you.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.