YES! They actually did it!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-03-2011, 02:48 PM
RE: YES! They actually did it!
That was a huge issue with Darfur, when people came trying to help the enormous denial of aid kind of quieted the world a bit.

Countries aren't children, if you go in and do all the hard work for someone all they'll see is that you're supposed to be their new king. When people are fighting for their change they don't want to win a different goal.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-03-2011, 03:05 PM

(19-03-2011 02:04 PM)sosa Wrote:  The world has to respect what the Libyan rebels want. Most do not want foreign intervention, and many explicitly have stated they don't want US intervention. I'll have to find the article later to post it.

Yep, let the rebels fight for their freedom. If the U.S. comes in to help, we'll want something in return. That means the rebels will just be trading one hydra (MG) for another (U.S) and as a consequence, another cause to rebel in the future.

Edit to add: This U.S. missile strike is but the first phase in a multi-phase plan, by the way. That just released on the banner @ CSpan. No plans for boots on the ground yet, they say. That's a lie. Wait and see.
Quote this message in a reply
19-03-2011, 08:08 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing all the theocratic dictators in the middle east on the end of a pike.
Still , I'm worried that foreign intervention will just increase the death toll.
Also , a lot of the citizens of these nations are not exactly going to adopt a form of government similar to our western democracies :
http://pewglobal.org/2010/12/02/muslims-...hezbollah/

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply