YOU were NEVER saved in the first place!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2012, 07:30 PM
RE: YOU were NEVER saved in the first place!!
(08-02-2012 09:45 AM)Denicio Wrote:  “You were never saved in the first place”

Whew ... that's a relief, thank God.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-02-2012, 08:06 PM
I never hear this. That's probably just because the Catholic community doesn't talk about being "saved" at all. Big Grin
08-02-2012, 09:42 PM
The being saved thing is a social group reinforcement technique.
You're not really one of us until you stand up and say the words.
All Cult initiations are in stages:
1 - the soft sell (do you know Jesus?)
2 - the acceptance hug (we care about you)
3 - the buy-in feedback (show your loyalty to the group through incremental gestures)
4 - the big dance (being saved)
5 – full membership (has it’s privileges)
6 – recruiter

You are actually not saved by the grace of Jesus, but are initiated into a cult as a full member. A rose by any other name is still a rose.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 3 users Like Thomas's post
08-02-2012, 10:08 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2012 10:20 PM by Kinger.)
It truly is a cult. If you don't agree with them then you are a sinner and going to burn in hell for eternity. Cool. People who believe in god seem to love to throw it in your face that you are doomed for ever. Atheists just try to justify themselves. I find it funny that they need to tell us we are going to hell, as if we didn't think of that when we were weighing our options and still chose not to believe LOL. I should say - Well you're not going to hell... Because it doesn't exist!!1! Big Grin

When an Atheist speaks out people look down on them. If a Christians throws their hands in the sky and says "THANK GOD" and wont shut up about it, they are just doing gods work.

It should have said in the bible "All sheep go to heaven. If you think you're fucked!" In bold letters on the first page.
[+] 1 user Likes Kinger's post
09-02-2012, 08:11 AM
I have no problem with the blind telling me I was never blind in the first place. It's a fools charge! Once your eyes are opened to the reality of the truth how can you believe that it matters what they say. The whole idea of transformation is bullshit. No one is really changed anyway. It's emotion and hype. Nothing happens when you are saved. No angels come down and lift you out of the water or anything. You don't fly around the room and everyone can see the big change. It's total bullshit!!! Just like Jesus coming back on a white horse. Is anyone looking for that?? Do you really believe in a so called rapture? It's all Myth and why care?
[+] 2 users Like N.E.OhioAtheist's post
09-02-2012, 08:25 AM

(09-02-2012 08:11 AM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  I have no problem with the blind telling me I was never blind in the first place. It's a fools charge! Once your eyes are opened to the reality of the truth how can you believe that it matters what they say. The whole idea of transformation is bullshit. No one is really changed anyway. It's emotion and hype. Nothing happens when you are saved. No angels come down and lift you out of the water or anything. You don't fly around the room and everyone can see the big change. It's total bullshit!!!

I LOVE this reply on so many levels. The Blind telling me i was never blind...simply poetic!

The part about Transformation, the second i read that i got the mental image of those Stadium Motivational Seminars (last one had Colin Powell and W's wife among others). Its a pep rally for the lazy. The church/saved thing is the same way, it awakens you to a sudden sickness you have..and boasts of the free cure, then you leave with this heightened sense of euphoria, then LIFE returns...and with that the new level of "Mother may i" begins.

Christ, for me to make a decision in years past I'd have to clear it either thru my parents (when i was a kid) or my wife..THEN I'd have to do this whole groveling on my knees, prayer then the waiting patiently for a sign..among other things. ALL that just to make a simple decision in life. It really was a cog in the wheel of life for the simplest of things. This sensation is NOT unique to the Southern Baptist cult, but to many of the fundie splinters of Jesusism.

The transformation part you speak of in your reply is simply self delusion that you've been 'touched by an angel'.

D
(08-02-2012 09:42 PM)Thomas Wrote:  The being saved thing is a social group reinforcement technique.
3 - the buy-in feedback (show your loyalty to the group through incremental gestures)
6 – recruiter

You are actually not saved by the grace of Jesus, but are initiated into a cult as a full member. A rose by any other name is still a rose.

HA! But Thomas, you left out one step...step 7 which is to assumptivly ask everyone you meet "What church do YOU go to?" (maybe thats just a southern thing).

D
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Denicio's post
09-02-2012, 08:29 AM
(09-02-2012 08:25 AM)Denicio Wrote:  
(09-02-2012 08:11 AM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  I have no problem with the blind telling me I was never blind in the first place. It's a fools charge! Once your eyes are opened to the reality of the truth how can you believe that it matters what they say. The whole idea of transformation is bullshit. No one is really changed anyway. It's emotion and hype. Nothing happens when you are saved. No angels come down and lift you out of the water or anything. You don't fly around the room and everyone can see the big change. It's total bullshit!!!

I LOVE this reply on so many levels. The Blind telling me i was never blind...simply poetic!

The part about Transformation, the second i read that i got the mental image of those Stadium Motivational Seminars (last one had Colin Powell and W's wife among others). Its a pep rally for the lazy. The church/saved thing is the same way, it awakens you to a sudden sickness you have..and boasts of the free cure, then you leave with this heightened sense of euphoria, then LIFE returns...and with that the new level of "Mother may i" begins.

Christ, for me to make a decision in years past I'd have to clear it either thru my parents (when i was a kid) or my wife..THEN I'd have to do this whole groveling on my knees, prayer then the waiting patiently for a sign..among other things. ALL that just to make a simple decision in life. It really was a cog in the wheel of life for the simplest of things. This sensation is NOT unique to the Southern Baptist cult, but to many of the fundie splinters of Jesusism.

The transformation part you speak of in your reply is simply self delusion that you've been 'touched by an angel'.

D
(08-02-2012 09:42 PM)Thomas Wrote:  The being saved thing is a social group reinforcement technique.
6 – recruiter

HA! But Thomas, you left out one step...step 7 which is to assumptivly ask everyone you meet "What church do YOU go to?" (maybe thats just a southern thing).

D
I grew up in a catholic home so being saved was always weird to me.
09-02-2012, 08:37 AM

(09-02-2012 08:29 AM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  
(09-02-2012 08:25 AM)Denicio Wrote:  

D
6 – recruiter

D
I grew up in a catholic home so being saved was always weird to me.

And just so you know (as info) we Southern Baptist considered ALL you Catholics "LOST" beyond hope. There were actual agendas and propaganda to teach us to speak to catholics to bring them into the fold........on the flip side the SAME agenda was for Jews. If memory serves we called it "Jews for Jesus".

To we redneck southern baptists the catholic church was nothing but the Mafia 'religious style'. Anything you can be born into is not gods plan (in essence).

Now that WE are both atheists, the first round of Jaeger Shots in hell are on me!

D
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Denicio's post
09-02-2012, 08:44 AM
(09-02-2012 08:37 AM)Denicio Wrote:  Now that WE are both atheists, the first round of Jaeger Shots in hell are on me!

D

Let's make those flaming Jaeger Shots.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
09-02-2012, 08:47 AM
I like my white whiskey (moonshine) for the ones who don't know what that is. We can make it up here and they never look for it here.
[+] 1 user Likes N.E.OhioAtheist's post