YOUR best way of relating to the world:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-03-2012, 10:45 PM
RE: YOUR best way of relating to the world:
I relate to the world, not as an atheist, not as an American, not as a holocaust denier, not to a 9/11 conspiracy theorist, not as a male, not as a person of Caucasian descent. But as a human being and a sentient life form.

A. Take the most from it that it can offer (if it offers I will not decline)
B. Laugh at it's craziness (There is nearly nothing which should be laughed at)
C. Avoid it if at all possible (hide all you want, but your problems will eventually find you)
D. Manipulate it to best advantage (I do not manipulate people)
E. Accept it as it is (it is what it is)
F. Use it for source material in Art (would be kind of hard to have art otherwise)
G. Bleed on its barricades while trying to save it from itself (there are those who do the bleeding, and those who make others bleed)
H. Pretend to be from another Planet (pretending does no one any good)
I. Walk away (as much as possible) with contempt (hating does no one good and only succeeds in making you feel better about yourself)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-03-2012, 11:14 PM
K. Like a Psychiatrist studying an interesting mental problem
L. Like a doctor being fascinated by an incurable disease.

These resonate with me Undecided

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
15-03-2012, 04:10 AM
I find myself defining words lately. The last word I defined was (relate), okay, that was not the last word. Then I looked for (relate to). How do I relate to the world? Fuck if I know! Now I had to go to the Urban dictionary to find out what (Fuck if I know!) means. Here is what I found. "When you have no idea what someone is asking you you should reply with this." That was perfect with what I was thinking about the question.

"As Henry Dean, the great sage and eminent junkie would have put it, Flip-flop, hippety-hop, offa your rocker and over the top, lifes a fiction and the worlds a lie, so put on some Creedence and let's get high." - Eddie Dean