Yahoo news comments

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2013, 10:59 PM
Yahoo news comments
Anytime there's a Yahoo news story about anything religion-related, I skim the article and eagerly scroll down to the bottom where the comments of geniuses are found. I also do this with anything mentioning Obama. It's like a congregation of the world's least literate people all coming together and gathering strength from each other as they post one unsupported comment after another. I just now stumbled onto some "List of atheist celebrities" story (I didn't care, I was reading up on Pacquiao's recent KO, saw the link, and jumped right to the comment section). It's like a seminar on logical fallacies just let out and everyone is using everything they've learned. Here are some gems.

"Well, then they'll be pleasantly surpised when they cross over and realize they were wrong all this time." (Top rated)

"Willie, I dont think he would be able to say 'Whoops'. I think the agony he would be in would be too excruciating for him, that he would be screaming in AGONY." (Theists LOVE caps lock)

"I'd rather be wrong now and not later. it's no surprise to me that a lesbian rejects God. I've always liked Jodie Foster, and I will pray that she actually seeks the truth. Bill Maher just wants attention. He is really going to wish he kept his big mouth shut. One day he will see. Sad for him if he doesn't accept the Lord. I'd hate to be in his shoes. He's miserable." (Top rated)

"How funny that Foster also denied believing inGod in her movie "Contact"; she probably convinced the director to let her say that. So we are supposed to have somehow evolved from ocean amoebas with extraordinarily intricate hearts keeping us alive for around a century; eyes that have the capability of discerning color, space and depth and transferring the information to our brain; senses of smell, taste and sound. Not to believe in God is not to believe in anything else then and to believe there is no greater reason to do good rather than bad, as there would be no reward for the former or punishment for the latter. So we live and die and that's it. Wow, how naive can that be?"

"Arne Scheu, I feel sorry for people like you. if you cannot see the work of God all around you then you have eye's but no sight.......I pray that God will open your eye's"

"Everyone has a religion whether it be an organized one which spans the world or a simple private one & all of them have gods of one kind or another. To some its the religion of Celebrity, to others its Money & to others its Self all of which are worshiped to the exclusion of all else. There are no godless people in the world, but there are quite a few Godless."

"Ken Hajjar God said anyone that says there is no God is a fool. all will see God in all of his glory and for non believers it will be a sad time for them all. the Bible is true! open you mind!"

"Now a stupid catholic piest does not bear any meaning on whether God exists or not.

"Don't worry we'll discuss the existence of God or not when the flames of hell are licking u up and down like a turkey roast. "

"I just have to ask The person who said where's your proof, my proof is with the Bible , what proof do you have as an atheist that there is no God?"

"These individuals show their ignorance, not intellect. Their main concern should be "Does God believe in me?" The time will come when they stand before Him and it will be too late. I pray for their souls."

"No body in the entertainment industry can deny the fact that there is a spiritual world. As most if not all actually contact the spiritual world for success. So how can they deny the existence of God?"

(same guy) "@Clinton Selby: Most if not all in the entrainment world worship either Baphomet, Jabulon or Satan directly. All those are spiritual demons, so what's the question about?"

I always notice a constant with these wonderful comments. Theists can't spell for shit and they delight in thinking about the torture of atheists. They put on their smug faces and do their "you're gonna be sorry" dance.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Buddy Christ's post
20-02-2013, 11:09 PM
RE: Yahoo news comments
Quote:"No body in the entertainment industry can deny the fact that there is a spiritual world. As most if not all actually contact the spiritual world for success. So how can they deny the existence of God?"
Almost fell over laughing...
[+] 1 user Likes kpax's post
21-02-2013, 12:09 AM
Most online news comment sections are pure entertainment.

Last week the local news had its article about the meteor and there were a few pages with reference to the pope quitting, apocolapse and global warming (often all in the same single comment). Yeah. Meteors fall on earth because of global warming. Because, you know, when the earth gets warmer all kinds of shit is attracted to hurling itself into this planet. Ugh.

It's golden when a ridiculous comment is top rated.
21-02-2013, 04:13 AM
"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
22-02-2013, 06:31 AM
Lol my girlfriends reads the yahoo news comments a lot, for funsies.

I try and join in with it, but I usually have to quite after a few minutes when the force of my facepalms threaten to disfigure my face.
22-02-2013, 09:12 AM
Here are my favorites out of the list.
(20-02-2013 10:59 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  "Everyone has a religion whether it be an organized one which spans the world or a simple private one & all of them have gods of one kind or another. To some its the religion of Celebrity, to others its Money & to others its Self all of which are worshiped to the exclusion of all else. There are no godless people in the world, but there are quite a few Godless."

"I just have to ask The person who said where's your proof, my proof is with the Bible , what proof do you have as an atheist that there is no God?"

"These individuals show their ignorance, not intellect. Their main concern should be "Does God believe in me?" The time will come when they stand before Him and it will be too late. I pray for their souls."
How is money a religion? One of my old preachers had this logic as well, but I don't think anyone worships money as a deity...

The Bible isn't proof of God any more than Twilight is proof of glittery vampires. If a holy book is proof of a god, then what makes the Bible the accurate holy book rather than any other sacred text?

How can God believe in anything if he doesn't exist?