Yahweh does not exist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2015, 08:58 AM
Yahweh does not exist
Recently when asked for a definition a theist on here posted this lovely link. http://elshamah.heavenforum.org/t1481-wh...tes-of-god

Usually I would still say "too vague" but there is some substance here. So since I'm claiming this Yahweh does not exist I will give my justification.

Omniscience.

This means knowing everything. This falls in line with Isaiah:

"9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,

10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:"

This is contradicted by Genesis of course.

"8 Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden. 9 But the Lord God called to the man, “Where are you?”

10 He answered, “I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.”

11 And he said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?” "

Why did god need to ask? Didn't he know? He was omniscient. How about the story of Abraham?

"Now I know that you fear God, because you have not withheld from me your son, your only son."

NOW he knows? Even if this was a test for Abraham, God knew what would happen. He was omniscient, he knew that Abraham would be faithful. So this was unnecessary unless god deliberately wanted to torture his subjects. But the text says that god wanted to know. So god is not omniscient in this passage.

But whatever. Let's deal more with the concept. There are some things that by their very nature cannot be known. I recall an experiment using subatomic particles. When observed they behaved as particles. When not as waves. So which are they? God should know, being omniscient. Except the very act of observation and knowing changes the answer.

How about prayers? God plans to do action x, then someone prays that he does not do action x. God knows everything, he KNEW he would get the prayer to not do action x. Does he change his mind? Why? And how? If he KNEW he would hear the prayer but had still chosen to do action x, how can the arrival of the prayer affect him? Tho is especially a problem because the link given says god is timeless, seeing the past present and future simultaneously (think Dr Manhattan).

Hey presto! Logical contradiction. God does not exist.

But let's not stop there.

Omnipotence.

Can god create a rock so heavy he cannot lift it? This is an old paradox but it is a good one. I can personally do this. If god cannot then he is not omnipotent. To claim I can do something god cannot seems odd to me. Still, logical contradiction and god does not exist.

Then we come to the contradictions within the list.

Spaceless and immaterial yet omnipresent. Is god outside of space or is he everywhere? Can't have it both ways.

Merciful and wrathful are antonyms. They literally mean opposite things. Logical contradictions.

As are incomprehensible and simple.

As are vengeful and just.

As are immutable and trinity.

I could go on and on with this. A jealous and wrathful agent cannot be merciful and just. A being with agency and will cannot exist without some physical medium.

As such, by the definition given, I say that Yahweh does not exist.

So congrats t Godexists. I have gone from an agnostic atheist to a gnostic atheist in regards to your god.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-07-2015, 09:12 AM
RE: Yahweh does not exist
Existence of universe is logical contradiction.
19-07-2015, 09:15 AM
Prove it.

Logic is the application of axioms. You say the existence of the universe is a contradiction? Show your logic. Prove it.

I showed mine. Show yours.
19-07-2015, 09:23 AM
Quote:1 Theists are right. Everything can't come from nothing
2 Atheists are right. God can't come from nothing.
Since there are no other options that means that Universe can't exist. But it exists. Therefore logic is delusion.
19-07-2015, 10:16 AM

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
19-07-2015, 10:29 AM
What is Yahweh ?
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid159006

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
19-07-2015, 10:39 AM
(19-07-2015 09:23 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
Since there are no other options that means that Universe can't exist. But it exists. Therefore logic is delusion.

Premise one is an assertion. Prove it.
19-07-2015, 10:53 AM
(19-07-2015 09:23 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  

So illogic is truth?

Those aren't the only choices.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
19-07-2015, 10:54 AM
(19-07-2015 10:39 AM)natachan Wrote:  Premise one is an assertion. Prove it.
Show me evidence that something can come from nothing.
19-07-2015, 11:01 AM
(19-07-2015 10:54 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(19-07-2015 10:39 AM)natachan Wrote:  Premise one is an assertion. Prove it.
Show me evidence that something can come from nothing.

We got something from YOU didn't we???

nyuk nyuk nyuk...........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post