Yahweh son of ??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2016, 11:07 PM
RE: Yahweh son of ??
(14-02-2016 04:14 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(14-02-2016 01:43 PM)Alla Wrote:  Scholars are wrong. Can they be wrong? The Bible is so confusing, isn't it?
The Bible says that Jesus was the Creator of this earth.
The Bible also says that one of the Creator's names is Yahweh.
P.S. I agree that Yahweh or Jesus had Jewish mother. So, He was a Jew while lived on earth.

No.
You are wrong. Totally.
The Bible is not confusing, except to non-scholars, like you.

If you are right, every Jew and Christian that has ever lived, has been wrong.

Not one scholar agrees with you. Not one.
You are simply completely and totally WRONG about this.
Nowhere does the Bible say Jesus created anything.

"In Mormon theology God is not a Trinity but a triad. The doctrine of Trinity is the teaching that there is a single God who exists in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. There are not three gods--only one. The Trinity doctrine states there is only one God in all the universe, in all dimensions, in all time, and without end. God is eternal, and there was never a time when He was not God. He has always been completely and fully God.

A Triad is the teaching that there are three separate gods in one "office" or "position." Mormons often refer to God this way. When they say God, it can mean the Father, whom they call Heavenly Father or the Godhead, which, to them, is three separate gods in one office. In other words, the Mormon defines the Trinity as a god called the Father (also known as Elohim and Heavenly Father), along with the Son (Jesus), and the Holy Ghost. Mormonism teaches a Triad and not a Trinity."
https://carm.org/jehovah-is-elohim

Alla knows less about her own theology than the atheists do?

This should surprise nobody. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post
15-02-2016, 06:45 AM
(14-02-2016 11:56 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(14-02-2016 11:46 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  Ok I'm confused. I've been researching the origins of Yahweh and who his parents are. Is it kratos and Aphrodite or el and anu or ashu? I've trying to find the answer but I haven't been able to find anything that agree with each other. :/

Yahweh Saboath, the Lord of Hosts (Lord of the Armies), is one of the 70 sons of El Elyion/El Shadai. He is a regional deity with jurisdiction over the lands of Judea. At one time he was on equal footing with Baal and Ashera, but later revisionists (namely the Yahwists) made him out to be the most powerful deity of their pantheon. Later revisions had him take credit for the work of El, and made Ashera his wife instead of El's, and eventually the Priestly source edited the books into the monotheistic perspective we see today.

It's kind of a cluster fuck.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Documentary_hypothesis

Thanks for that information.

DJ

Live Better...Help Often....Wonder More
[+] 1 user Likes OhDannyBoy's post
17-02-2016, 12:11 PM
In the Ugarit text Yahweh is viewed as a son of El Elyon. It says-

sm . bny . yw . ilt

“The name of the son of god, Yahweh.”
18-02-2016, 03:09 AM
(17-02-2016 12:11 PM)OceanTherapist Wrote:  In the Ugarit text Yahweh is viewed as a son of El Elyon. It says-

sm . bny . yw . ilt

This I do know and thank you. Do you know his mothers name?
18-02-2016, 03:11 AM
(14-02-2016 03:05 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  OK to make sure I got this straight. El elyon and athirat later known as asherah had Yahweh. Yahweh consort was asherah so does this mean that momma and son were together?

Am I on the right track or way off? Thanks
18-02-2016, 10:21 AM
(18-02-2016 03:09 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  
(17-02-2016 12:11 PM)OceanTherapist Wrote:  In the Ugarit text Yahweh is viewed as a son of El Elyon. It says-

sm . bny . yw . ilt

This I do know and thank you. Do you know his mothers name?

Asherah

[Image: 100px-NMMI_IMG_8966.JPG]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
18-02-2016, 11:20 AM
(18-02-2016 10:21 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  
(18-02-2016 03:09 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  This I do know and thank you. Do you know his mothers name?

Asherah

Thank you. So this means that mother and son were together?
18-02-2016, 11:34 AM
(18-02-2016 11:20 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  
(18-02-2016 10:21 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Asherah

Thank you. So this means that mother and son were together?

I do not think this is the case. Asherah was the consort of El, and the mother of the Ugaritic gods.

YHWH doesn't specifically have a consort, but the argument certainly can be made that he took Israel as his consort. See the book of Hosea, specifically. There is also something to be made of the feminized "wisdom" in the book of Proverbs, what the Greeks later labeled as Sophia in the Septuagint. "The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way," says Lady Wisdom, "before his works of old,... and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him"
(Prov. 8:22,30).

So there may not necessarily be a deity consort for YHWH, and that is why you're finding some difficulty in the answers being given here.

For what it's worth. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
18-02-2016, 11:59 AM
(18-02-2016 11:34 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(18-02-2016 11:20 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  Thank you. So this means that mother and son were together?

I do not think this is the case. Asherah was the consort of El, and the mother of the Ugaritic gods.

YHWH doesn't specifically have a consort, but the argument certainly can be made that he took Israel as his consort. See the book of Hosea, specifically. There is also something to be made of the feminized "wisdom" in the book of Proverbs, what the Greeks later labeled as Sophia in the Septuagint. "The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way," says Lady Wisdom, "before his works of old,... and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him"
(Prov. 8:22,30).

So there may not necessarily be a deity consort for YHWH, and that is why you're finding some difficulty in the answers being given here.

For what it's worth. Drinking Beverage
From everything I've read it states that his consort was asherah. That's why I've asked if she is the same one or what?
18-02-2016, 12:33 PM
Have nothing to add but have found this discussion interesting.