Yay! Anime!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-02-2014, 09:31 PM
RE: Yay! Anime!
Just wrapped up the first season of Attack on Titan on Netflix. A word of warning to those who would do the same: Netflix blows a major reveal by switching the order of episodes 23 and 24.

[Image: MegahentaiSignature_zps7c4b73b2.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes MegaHentai's post
15-02-2014, 12:37 PM (This post was last modified: 15-02-2014 12:41 PM by Filox.)
I just ended up watching 2 month marathon of 570+ episodes of Naruto and Naruto Sipuden. Jesus Fucking Christus, there is a bunch of these episodes, took away my life to watch them and to top it all, the series is not finished yet, in fact, after all this time , I came to the most interesting part and now there is that one week waiting period until the next episode.

I don't like the way they tend to repeat things over and over, then explain everything like they are talking to complete idiots, but the show itself is awesome. All that power and cool names for fighting techniques...

Highly recommended, although, not as good as Full Metal Alchemist.

[Image: naruto-wallpaper-anime-naruto-all-charac...24-768.jpg]

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
15-02-2014, 12:43 PM
(15-02-2014 12:37 PM)Filox Wrote:  I just ended up watching 2 month marathon of 570+ episodes of Naruto and Naruto Sipuden. Jesus Fucking Christus, there is a bunch of these episodes, took away my life to watch it all and to top it all, the series is not finished yet, in fact, after all this time , I came to the most interesting part and now there is that one week waiting period until the next episode.

I don't like the way they tend to repeat things over and over, then explain everything like they are talking complete idiots, but the show itself is awesome. All that power and cool names for fighting techniques...

I tried watching Naruto but I find the characters annoying. Naruto himself just makes me grind my teeth. The story that I have seen (seen most of the first few series) is ok, not bad but not earth shattering but that is not unusual for long running anime. Most take some time to hit their stride, but I could never get over my dislike of the protagonists.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
15-02-2014, 12:55 PM
(15-02-2014 12:43 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(15-02-2014 12:37 PM)Filox Wrote:  I just ended up watching 2 month marathon of 570+ episodes of Naruto and Naruto Sipuden. Jesus Fucking Christus, there is a bunch of these episodes, took away my life to watch it all and to top it all, the series is not finished yet, in fact, after all this time , I came to the most interesting part and now there is that one week waiting period until the next episode.

I don't like the way they tend to repeat things over and over, then explain everything like they are talking complete idiots, but the show itself is awesome. All that power and cool names for fighting techniques...

I tried watching Naruto but I find the characters annoying. Naruto himself just makes me grind my teeth. The story that I have seen (seen most of the first few series) is ok, not bad but not earth shattering but that is not unusual for long running anime. Most take some time to hit their stride, but I could never get over my dislike of the protagonists.

Finally somebody with class ! The Narutards are a disgrace to the genre.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-02-2014, 05:11 PM (This post was last modified: 15-02-2014 05:51 PM by Free Thought.)
(15-02-2014 12:37 PM)Filox Wrote:  I just ended up watching 2 month marathon of 570+ episodes of Naruto and Naruto Sipuden. Jesus Fucking Christus, there is a bunch of these episodes, took away my life to watch them and to top it all, the series is not finished yet, in fact, after all this time , I came to the most interesting part and now there is that one week waiting period until the next episode.

I don't like the way they tend to repeat things over and over, then explain everything like they are talking to complete idiots, but the show itself is awesome. All that power and cool names for fighting techniques...

Ah Naruto, an anime of my youth. Indeed I still enjoy occasionally watching it, though nowhere near as much as I had as a thoughtless child.

Throughout the entirety of both it's series, Naruto and its time-skip Shippuden have a vast, yet mostly unexplored world and it's story matches that quite well; a story of friendship, self-sacrifice, discrimination, getting over ones faults, abandonment and loneliness, betrayal, the eternal struggle between good and evil and the consequences of war (occasionally).

Talking of Naruto alone, cause I haven't seen much of Shippuden, the characters don't match the themes all that often outside the two main youths who are practically cut out specifically for them; the show's namesake who constantly deals with abandonment, loneliness and discrimination issues behind essentially a paper thin mask of complete retardation and depending on who you ask regarding the voice, chain smoking, and no Shonen would be complete without its obligatory in-universe Bish┼Źnen as a main character foil which in Naruto's case manifests as Sasuke who if he isn't being better than Naruto in every regard is busy brooding over his own abandonment issues and the betrayal and murder of his entire clan with a touch of survivors guilt thrown in for extra spice. Unless you look deep into the psyche of each, they both act like petulant twats, they only get serious when backstory is being played or shit is really going down, and that trend goes with all the surprisingly deep characters. Playing almost entirely on backstory to gain depth, c'mon Naruto writers, that's just artificial. Until you take a long think about each character individually including their backstory, they all seem to be bland, one dimensional characters.

As far as the fighting goes, I guess it can be pretty cool at times, but mostly it suffers from 'Dragon Ball Syndrome', the fights are constantly interrupted by things going on elsewhere, or talking, which can make a 10-15 minute fight last for hours. Taking out of the interrupting scenes but leaving the dialog and associated stuff in, the renowned Naruto and Sauske fight lasts over an hour, the majority of which is fucking dialog!

But every show has it's flaws and just like the other 'Big Three', it was written mostly for children which is why they constantly feel the need to throw Exposition Wrenches into the machinery at every turn, even later on far from the beginning.

That being said, it's pretty obvious that I disagree with Filox; the show from what I have seen (both series included) is not awesome, I'd say it's mediocre at best; it has its high points where it rises above expectations, but it lives mostly in the Mediocreville. I'm not saying it is bad though; as mediocre as it is, it is brilliant if you want to just watch some shonen and occasionally switch your brain off, it's great for downtime.

I tentatively recommend Naruto, but not highly, given it's ridiculous length and general mediocrity.

... I felt like ranting, I'll be going now.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
15-02-2014, 05:16 PM
Naruto is love. Watch the first 100 episodes without any expectations whatsoever. If you have a heart, Naruto will grab it.

Overall..Naruto is..well, I won't say anything! But it will always be one of my favorite series because not many series have made me fall in love like that.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
15-02-2014, 05:17 PM
Oh and anybody who considers watching an English dub version of Naruto as watching Naruto...just no. No

15-02-2014, 05:47 PM
(15-02-2014 05:16 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Naruto is love. Watch the first 100 episodes without any expectations whatsoever. If you have a heart, Naruto will grab it.

Are you high?

The love in Naruto is mostly skipped over and ignored, pushed to the background for the vast majority of the entire series, getting pretty few mentions throughout, let alone in 100 episodes, and what love is shown is made painfully obvious and shown as fairly causeless adulation on behalf of Naruto to Sakura, going off memory.

Besides, if it needs 100 episodes to get rolling, there is something very, very wrong with it! Most series are 24-26 episodes long and are more compelling that Naruto has ever been outside the "it looks like it's all over" and "have some more depressing backstory!" moments.

Clannad in its mere 24 episodes had more feels in it that Naruto had through most of its entirety. The same can be said for Fruits Basket as well.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
15-02-2014, 05:55 PM
Freethought..

I'm not talking about romantic love at all. Have you ever fallen in love with a piece of fiction? That's what I'm talking about.

And no it doesn't need 100 episodes to get going. I'm saying the first 100 episodes are the best ones. Although technically it is something like the first 140 or so that are the best...20 or 30 episodes of that is filler though.

15-02-2014, 06:15 PM
(15-02-2014 05:55 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Freethought..

I'm not talking about romantic love at all. Have you ever fallen in love with a piece of fiction? That's what I'm talking about.

And no it doesn't need 100 episodes to get going. I'm saying the first 100 episodes are the best ones. Although technically it is something like the first 140 or so that are the best...20 or 30 episodes of that is filler though.

Okay, misunderstood you.

I wouldn't say I've ever 'fallen in love' with anything.
Moving on, if the first 100-odd episodes are the best, which I would argue against, that would imply that it is 'all down hill from here' to say it best, which again, I would argue. Far as I recall, Naruto doesn't really have a range of 'best episodes', some are undoubtedly better than others, but they are disconnected and overall it is a mostly flat plain for episodes in a range of good and bad episodes, not many stand out as particularly awful or brilliant which is why I called it mediocre.
And the whole filler thing is another problem all together...

But I feel my points from the previous post stand; romantic character development is virtually nonexistent and shows like Clannad and Fruits Basket had greater impact and feels in their comparatively short runs than Naruto seems to have had in its first and arguably best 100 episodes.