Yay! Anime!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2014, 12:40 AM
RE: Yay! Anime!
Again...not talking about romance at all.

And you have no heart.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2014, 02:31 AM
Try watching all the Naruto episodes, all day long, every day, until you finish it. Then, you are so brainwashed, you simply love Naruto. That's what happened to me. Still, the further you move along, the better it all gets. As he grows older, so does the whole show.

Could they have made this shorter and much much better, if they avoided all the filler episodes and the long, stupid explanations for retards? Yes, yes they could have.

BTW, I watched it all in English dub, until I ran out of the episodes, then I switched to English subbed. It was much easier for me to roll my joints while listening to the English version, rather than have to read the subs... Oh yeah, maybe the weed was what made this watchable?

Wink

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
16-02-2014, 03:03 AM
BTW, since I have finished watching Naruto, what can you recommend me to watch next? Something like Naruto or Full Metal Alchemist, long, easy going and cool.

Thanx

-Hunter S. Thompson
16-02-2014, 05:04 AM (This post was last modified: 16-02-2014 05:08 AM by Hafnof.)
Dragonball Z has a fair bit in common with Naruto, though it is older and the various incarnations of Naruto are better.
If you're happy to go with something shorter Cowboy Bebop is easy to get into. Definitely have a look at Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) from last year.
Another "cool" anime to check out is Samurai Champloo. It's probably worth a look.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
16-02-2014, 05:56 AM (This post was last modified: 16-02-2014 05:37 PM by Free Thought.)
(16-02-2014 03:03 AM)Filox Wrote:  BTW, since I have finished watching Naruto, what can you recommend me to watch next? Something like Naruto or Full Metal Alchemist, long, easy going and cool.

Thanx

If you enjoyed Naruto, you will probably enjoy the other two 'big' shonen around; One Piece and Bleach. I enjoy One piece a lot more than Naruto, mostly because the characters actually develop slowly as time goes on, unlike Naruto, the characters of which don't really change, they just try to make it look like they do, at its fights aren't constantly getting the Exposition Spanner thrown into the works every two seconds.
I haven't watched Bleach though and personally I don't have all that much of an inclination to; it's pretty much the same Shonen tropes and archetypes as Naruto and One Piece based on what I do know about it. Though there is one benefit Bleach has above the other two; it actually fucking ended. It's still obnoxiously long though.

And of course as Hafnof said, you do have Dragon Ball Z, hell all of Dragon Ball to watch; it pretty much defined the generic attack-screaming Shonen genre we all know and have a love-hate relationship with today, from which Naruto, Bleach, One Piece and the myriad of other such shows all rise and inhabit. I'll be honest, the animation is very dated and it reallllly shows, at least to me, even in the Remastered editions, same goes with audio sub and dub you can tell are old.

Aside from Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (which I must insist on differentiating from FMA), I can't really think of any other recommendable, long series. But as far as easy going is concerned, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is a very good, generally layed back and easy going, pseudo-paranormal-slice of life comedy and I highly recommend it, despite its average length.
As for a few personal recommendations: I very much enjoyed A Certain Scientific Railgun, a spin-off of A Certain Magical Index (which I have not yet watched), generally it is a decent, very layed back slice of life comedy with surprisingly good action sequences, but as it goes on it really piles on the darkness. Aside from that, I'd tell you to watch Clannad, not going to lie; it's a romance anime based on a visual novel, but the characters are for the most part legitimately engaging and actually develop which is especially noticeable in the two main characters.
And as for a switch off your brain Shonen which knows exactly what it is and has fun with itself instead of trying to hide it, I'll have to recommend Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. The only thing I have to say about it, and all that must be said is: Kamina.

(16-02-2014 05:04 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Dragonball Z has a fair bit in common with Naruto, though it is older and the various incarnations of Naruto are better.
If you're happy to go with something shorter Cowboy Bebop is easy to get into. Definitely have a look at Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) from last year.
Another "cool" anime to check out is Samurai Champloo. It's probably worth a look.

Cowbo Bebop is also a very good anime as well, but it is dated and you can tell quite easily, but it has managed to have aged quite gracefully, unlike Dragon Ball Z.
I just want to note one thing; Cowboy Bebop and Samuri Champloo are both directed by Shinichirō Watanabe, who has a habit of stuffing multiple genres into his works; Cowboy is an amalgamation of Western, film noir, Jazz and Blues, Chinese martial arts films and space. Champloo mixes samurai movies with hip-hop and modern Japan. IF a person likes those genres particularly, Shinichiro mixes them quite well, so you'll probably like them. Or completely despise them.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
16-02-2014, 07:40 AM
(16-02-2014 03:03 AM)Filox Wrote:  BTW, since I have finished watching Naruto, what can you recommend me to watch next? Something like Naruto or Full Metal Alchemist, long, easy going and cool.

Thanx

You're probably gonna love Gurren Laggan
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-02-2014, 09:47 AM

Thanx

As FT said One Piece and Bleach are both good shows (I personally enjoy Bleach much more than Naruto)

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
16-02-2014, 10:03 AM
(16-02-2014 05:56 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Cowbo Bebop is also a very good anime as well, but it is dated and you can tell quite easily, but it has managed to have aged quite gracefully, unlike Dragon Ball Z.

Bebop has more class in a single still frame than most series have in their entire production run.

FACT.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
16-02-2014, 10:11 AM (This post was last modified: 16-02-2014 10:22 AM by Adrianime.)
Some long shounen that I love are (Naruto is a long shounen):

Hajime no Ippo (boxing)
Major (baseball)
History's strongest disciple Kenichi (martial arts)
Shaman King (fantasy/action)
Hunter X Hunter (fantasy/action)
Rurouni Kenshin (samurai)
One Piece (the king of long action/adventure anime. It's about pirates, and will never end)
Bleach (one of the big three, fantasy/samurai)

And many more, but I will stop.

Most of those shows have a fair bit of comedy in them as well.

For more info/names on/of the shows that I love, below is a link to an ordered list of most of the the anime I've watched, sorted with my favorites on top (indicated by the score I gave). Look at the "completed" section.

Adrianime's anime list

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
16-02-2014, 03:57 PM
I tried Gurren Laggan and I didn't quite like it. Tried Dragon Ball Z Kai today, but it has also failed, due to the oldness. I'll try One piece and Bleach.

-Hunter S. Thompson