Yay! Anime!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2014, 04:02 PM
RE: Yay! Anime!
IMO Gurren Laggan is mediocre for like 90% of the first 12/13 episodes. But then awesome for most of the last half.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2014, 05:11 PM
(16-02-2014 03:57 PM)Filox Wrote:  I tried Gurren Laggan and I didn't quite like it. Tried Dragon Ball Z Kai today, but it has also failed, due to the oldness. I'll try One piece and Bleach.

I told you Dragon Ball was very dated and obviously old.

(16-02-2014 04:02 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  IMO Gurren Laggan is mediocre for like 90% of the first 12/13 episodes. But then awesome for most of the last half.

I disagree with Adrian: Gurren Lagann is mediocre throughout, but the thing is, the show knows it's stupid and makes no apologies and has no regrets, and that is why it is a recommendable show, and the way it plays on all the old, tired shonen tropes is fairly well done. But it has to be said: in order to enjoy the show, you cannot think at all about what the show is trying to tell you about itself, if you think about its nonsense, it's done for, but it still will not apologies for it.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
16-02-2014, 05:25 PM
(16-02-2014 10:11 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  Hunter X Hunter (fantasy/action)

+1 on Hunter x Hunter. I haven't really gotten into some of the others so can't offer concrete recommendations, but I do like me a bit of this one.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
17-02-2014, 01:13 AM
Three episodes into Baka and Test on Netflix. Not sure what to make of it so far.

[Image: MegahentaiSignature_zps7c4b73b2.jpg]
17-02-2014, 03:32 AM
(17-02-2014 01:13 AM)MegaHentai Wrote:  Three episodes into Baka and Test on Netflix. Not sure what to make of it so far.

I liked Baka and Test, and I don't know why.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
18-02-2014, 09:05 AM
Yeah, good thing about Gurren Lagann is just like FT said, it is stupid, but it never tried to be anything else, so it kinda nullifies the stupidity. But I still can watch it.

I am pretty aware that Naruto is the same thing as Dragonball Z, and I really tried to watch Dragonball Z, but it is just way too old and I am way too old to be watching it now. Smile

I did watch a LOT of Rouroni Kenshin, the original 4 episodes, the movie and a few hundred "family episodes", where Kenshin is all good and he is trying to help that girl with her dojo. I liked the movie and the 4 original episodes, but this new stuff... Naaah, not so much.

If only new Berserk movie would come out... Stupid Japanese, there are never any news about their products, if there are any, they are all in Japanese, so I can't understand a thing. When the movie does finally come out, I have to wait a few more months until there is a subbed version and until someone willing puts it out on torrents. This guy, Kentaro Miura, used up so much of my life force while waiting for him to issue a new chapter... Fucking lunatic, the way he is putting it out, he is going to die of old age way before he finishes Berserk. Then I will have to resurrect him and then kill him again.

Evil_monster

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
18-02-2014, 07:51 PM
Re: Yay! Anime!
Talking about Dbz looking old and outdated seems bizarre to me. I guess it's me feeling old since I grew up at a point watching Dragonball on TV.

I enjoyed Naruto quite a bit for a time. I was watching and reading the manga in 05, but one point I got fed up with it being too cheaply written to have any desire to go on, which was just soon after the grown up phase. As I call it, when yoi brgin fake killing off characters you've degraded yourself.

I tend to always love series that have a basic end to them. The dbz, one piece, fma etc. series that go over hundreds of episodes rarely appeal to me. I can like them for some time, but you get to that point were they're just creating weak content to draw out the medium.

actually some of my favorite amines were 12/13 or even just 6 episodes long. FLCL and Bastard! Were two great short amines that mainly were post-modern and intentionally mocking anime tropes.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
18-02-2014, 08:51 PM
(18-02-2014 07:51 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Talking about Dbz looking old and outdated seems bizarre to me. I guess it's me feeling old since I grew up at a point watching Dragonball on TV.

I enjoyed Naruto quite a bit for a time. I was watching and reading the manga in 05, but one point I got fed up with it being too cheaply written to have any desire to go on, which was just soon after the grown up phase. As I call it, when yoi brgin fake killing off characters you've degraded yourself.

I tend to always love series that have a basic end to them. The dbz, one piece, fma etc. series that go over hundreds of episodes rarely appeal to me. I can like them for some time, but you get to that point were they're just creating weak content to draw out the medium.

actually some of my favorite amines were 12/13 or even just 6 episodes long. FLCL and Bastard! Were two great short amines that mainly were post-modern and intentionally mocking anime tropes.

Yeah I know what you mean Casshern Sins is one of my favorite anime's and it only had 24 episodes. I used to be a big Inuyasha fan but after the story arc with the Glorious 7 (or something like that) it was so silly and had just lost me. They had a guy turn himself into a tank piece by piece... in feudal Japan. Each episode turned into a

[Image: 44384984.jpg]

and I just stopped watching.

If you have never watched bleach I spoil a plot-line here slightly
Same thing happened with bleach after they removed Sosuke Aizen. After that fight where Ichigo hit godlike status it just seemed like the next set of villians was not interesting.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
19-02-2014, 03:21 AM
(17-02-2014 03:32 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I liked Baka and Test, and I don't know why.

That was pretty much my experience too. I just wrapped up Chaos Head as well, which was decent enough.

[Image: MegahentaiSignature_zps7c4b73b2.jpg]
19-02-2014, 10:21 AM (This post was last modified: 19-02-2014 10:25 AM by Filox.)
You know what I find interesting in all this? While I was watching Naruto I was pretty annoyed during his youth days, he was too childish and all these "jutsu" techniques sounded and look as stupid as they could be. Then slowly, it began to grow older (the show and Naruto) and it started to make more sense, there were new explanations and it all started to make sense. Then it became really interesting in the last 100 episodes or so, but then they again hit the deck with some stupidity. SPOILER ALERT!! As Clyde said, you can not kill a bunch of characters, just to return them to life. I would be very very sorry if some of those characters remained dead, but it would make the whole show much more realistic, true and normal. After that event comes the worst thing they could do to a show, a bunch of filler episodes, where we take a trip back to the past... Even worse is the whole season which didn't even tell about new things that happened in the past, but it was everything that I already watched, only shown a bit differently. WTF? Why? This could have been the best show (or one the best) if they decided to cut the episode count by half. Stop with the 10 minutes of explanations for every single simple thing and do not use fillersodes. That fucking stinks.

All this being said, I can not believe how much I miss this show. I do not really miss this Naruto character, but the rest are amazing. Pervy Sage, drunk Lady Tsunade, retarded Guy sensei... Priceless. Big Grin OH and Gaara, the baddest motherfucker in the show.

Who want to make a bet with me about what happens next in Naruto? I say they will fight Madara and Obito, they will loose, or be at the brink of destruction and then ... Sasuke will come to the rescue. His brother made a huge impact last time he showed up, Sasuke is definitely going to be the main man for the main fight.

P.S.

You see, I know everything that is wrong with Naruto and still I am addicted to it. Kids, don't do drugs, or the same thing will happen.

Tongue

And guess what, only 18 more hours until the next fix, I mean next episode.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson