Yay! Anime!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-02-2014, 04:28 PM
RE: Yay! Anime!
I want to give this Bleach a try, but I saw that there are a few movies and and a bunch of episodes. Where do the movies fit in? Should I watch them before or after the episodes, or are they in the middle, following after certain episodes?

Thanks.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2014, 05:17 PM
(23-02-2014 04:28 PM)Filox Wrote:  I want to give this Bleach a try, but I saw that there are a few movies and and a bunch of episodes. Where do the movies fit in? Should I watch them before or after the episodes, or are they in the middle, following after certain episodes?

Thanks.

The fall somewhere around episode 150 or so but they are total side stories and never impact the main storyline.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
23-02-2014, 06:54 PM
[Image: 51ByjABkxpL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

The running gag with Masa's hotness kills me every single time. Not sure what this says about my sense of humour.

[Image: MegahentaiSignature_zps7c4b73b2.jpg]
04-03-2014, 06:00 AM
So... I've been watching Toradora! recently.

Oh how I do enjoy it.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
04-03-2014, 05:59 PM
[Image: 91xXS5UrjPL._AA1500_.jpg]

Starts out as a second-rate Oh My Goddess knock-off, but finds its own voice after a few episodes.

07-03-2014, 10:08 AM
I don't even have a top 5, I stopped caring after Cowboy Bebop...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
07-03-2014, 04:31 PM
Okay, it has been about two days since I finished Toradora!... And I feel a bit of a void.

If it can be said that I 'love' any anime series, I have to say it is Toradora!. Aside from it's lack of licencing in Australia, I find it hard to pick fault in this anime. It did rely heavily on a mid-season Drama Bomb, but it didn't feel like a desperate try at drama so much as a legitimately dramatic moment. And throughout the entire series oh gawd the feels!
Now I 'love' me some Clannad but I somehow managed to like Toradora! more than Clannad by a fucking long shot. Hence why I feel something of a void: I feel sorta like I'm not going to see anything quite as emotive or just plain good for a long time. Especially after the final few episodes building up for the powerful climax to the series. Though because there was such an engaging climax I almost feel like there should be something more. Don't get me wrong, there ending was fitting and very good, but after watching the show for so long... I don't understand these feels!! At least Clannad had After Story to supplement it, not that it needed it mind, but Toradora doesn't and I wish there was just so I could keep watching it! But something like that would probably drag it on too far; it ended perfectly, it doesn't need more for afterward, but I wish there was something.

Of course after all my pseudo-fanboyish hyping I have to say watch it. But do try to not take my love f the series as a standard: start with no expectations!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
08-03-2014, 12:55 PM
[Image: fillers-flashbacks-and-staring-at-each-o...10691.webp]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
10-03-2014, 06:10 AM
[Image: 51bOfjIa5cL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

Always loved this series. Still clinging to hope for a third season.

11-03-2014, 12:10 PM
I always get anime and manga mixed up, but whatever was on Adult Swim during my college years was the shit. Cowboy Beebop, Samurai Champloo, Inuyasha and Tri-Gun are three favorites that I still watch. Never got into Bleach but I've heard really good things about it.

Rurouni Kenshin/ Samurai X is another favorite of mine.

The religion of one age, is the literary entertainment of the next.