Yay! Anime!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2014, 08:52 AM
RE: Yay! Anime!
Anime = animation - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anime
Manga = graphic novel / comic / paper - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manga

In Australia at least there was a lot of early confusion because all of the early DVD anime releases were distributed by a company called "Manga entertainment" in conjunction with Madman, leading to the misconception that we were "watching manga" - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manga_Entertainment

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
14-03-2014, 03:29 AM (This post was last modified: 14-03-2014 03:59 AM by Filox.)
I'm still watching Bleach and I have to say it is pretty good. But for the love of gods, I can not figure out why it's named BLEACH?

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
14-03-2014, 03:42 AM
(14-03-2014 03:29 AM)Filox Wrote:  I'm still watching Bleach and I have to say it is pretty good. But for the love of gods, I can not figure out why is it named BLEACH?

Smile

See you in a few years when you get to the end.

After which, I demand you write pseudo-review of it.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
14-03-2014, 03:59 AM
What are you talking about? I'm already at episode 80, there are 380 episodes or so, so that would leave me with less that a month to finish everything. Hell, I finished all 775 episodes of Naruto in about 2-3 months... When I watch something, I watch only that until it's all gone.

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
14-03-2014, 04:03 AM
I've got a few box sets (bleach) I bought early on and it's all ingrish subtitled, in an "all your base" quality.
Quite hilarious in parts.
I will kill you = I am be your death.

AFAIK bleach describes his hair.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
14-03-2014, 04:50 AM
(14-03-2014 03:59 AM)Filox Wrote:  What are you talking about? I'm already at episode 80, there are 380 episodes or so, so that would leave me with less that a month to finish everything. Hell, I finished all 775 episodes of Naruto in about 2-3 months... When I watch something, I watch only that until it's all gone.

Smile

The joke being that Bleach is considered a long series.
In my opinion, it is obnoxiously long. Just like the other two of the 'Big Three'.

(14-03-2014 04:03 AM)sporehux Wrote:  I've got a few box sets (bleach) I bought early on and it's all ingrish subtitled, in an "all your base" quality.
Quite hilarious in parts.
I will kill you = I am be your death.

AFAIK bleach describes his hair.

*Engrish.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
15-03-2014, 08:27 AM
-naruto
-darker than black
-death note
-full metal alchemist
-pokemon
-dragon ball z
15-03-2014, 04:28 PM
Re: RE: Yay! Anime!
(14-03-2014 03:29 AM)Filox Wrote:  I'm still watching Bleach and I have to say it is pretty good. But for the love of gods, I can not figure out why it's named BLEACH?

Smile

Because of the snuggle teddy bear... I assumed it was that when I first saw screen shots of Bleach on 05. Refuse to think that's not the case

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
16-03-2014, 07:50 PM
Pounded through over the past week:

[Image: 51sOL6-1ahL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

Something a little different from the usual moe fare. A bit predictable in parts, but consistently funny. It manages a neat trick by having the subplot a completely tone from the main story without them clashing.

[Image: 610kWrGPs0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

Perhaps not the most appropriate thing to admit on this forum, but it's a sentimental favourite of mine from way back. And I do mean way back. Anyone old enough to remember when Dark Horse and Viz used to publish manga as individual chapters in floppybook format before they'd do the TPBs/tonkoubon? That far back.

[Image: MegahentaiSignature_zps7c4b73b2.jpg]
27-03-2014, 02:33 AM
Right now I am watching "Shuffle!" and so far, I like Red Hair and Green Hair best.

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."