02-09-2013, 05:25 PM
RE: Yay! Anime!
I finally finished Princess Jellyfish
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes BrokenQuill92's post
03-09-2013, 12:58 PM
Has anyone seen the anime movie "Paprika" btw? I was skeptical at first, but I loved it. It is very weird and slightly disturbing, but the animation is just fantastic.

[Image: panda_0077.gif]
Find all posts by this user
03-09-2013, 01:36 PM
Here's my current favorite five anime, in no particular order:

Ah! My Goddess - This is probably an unusual one to have as a top 5, because it's just a typical magic romantic comedy, but for some reason I just love the characters, setting, story and everything (especially those fucking bagpipes in the opening titles). Somehow it just seems all round good; and its not ironic, self-conscious, overly fan-service-y or melodramatic, just... I dunno, straight-up good.

Spice and Wolf - This is one of my favorites because of the intriguing focus of the story (i.e. economics, middle-age merchant heists and THEN the fox-eared, apple-loving wolf deity) and the simple, yet epic and world building, scale of it, as well as the characters and their dynamic.

A Certain Magical Index - because everything about this is awesome and badass. (Special mention goes to Accelerator and the fact that the main villain is literally upside-down Aleister Crowley)

A Certain Scientific Railgun (the spin-off of Index, does that count as well? Tongue )

(Most recently) Sunday Without God (or if it was about the real world; Everyday Without God Big Grin ) - this one instantly became my favorite at the moment it nearly made me cry.

That does it for my list, for now anyway (and now I don't care how uncool or band-wagon-y that list might be Cool ).

"Humans always measure what they see in front of them to what they already know. They will deny anything outside of that. They are shallow lifeforms, so enthralled with superficial appearances that they fail to see the truth."
[+] 1 user Likes MrAttacus's post
18-12-2013, 11:51 AM
So I tried to watch Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero but I just couldn't it was horrible I stopped at episode 3
18-12-2013, 12:24 PM
(18-12-2013 11:51 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  So I tried to watch Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero but I just couldn't it was horrible I stopped at episode 3

You want something bad? Try to watch Lucky Star.
That is the most banal and pointless show ever, of all time, it's painful to watch really.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
18-12-2013, 12:28 PM
(18-12-2013 12:24 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(18-12-2013 11:51 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  So I tried to watch Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero but I just couldn't it was horrible I stopped at episode 3

You want something bad? Try to watch Lucky Star.
That is the most banal and pointless show ever, of all time, it's painful to watch really.
Blasphemy! Lucky Star is awesome! I don't go for random much but I love Lucky Star! I'm more of a Puella Magi Madoka Magica kind of girl.
18-12-2013, 01:28 PM
(18-12-2013 12:28 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  
(18-12-2013 12:24 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  You want something bad? Try to watch Lucky Star.
Blasphemy! Lucky Star is awesome! I don't go for random much but I love Lucky Star! I'm more of a Puella Magi Madoka Magica kind of girl.

Lucky Star is without a doubt the most banal and pointless thing I have ever attempted to watch; it was completely unengaging, and regarding the episodes I did watch I physically struggled to do so. The only redeeming quality is the art style which is... unique to put it simply, especially in the skilled hands of KyoAni who are able to make opening sequences that fit with virtually any over-layed music.

While the pop-culture references were interesting, they didn't hit my funny bone and often were simply annoying, felt like excuses for the writing staff to be lazy by throwing references around. The rest of the humour was the same for me; didn't rub me the right way.

It's possible that I just didn't get far enough for it to, you know, actually start being good but I doubt I could force myself up to that point, whenever it might be.

On a slightly different topic: early in the next year I will be heading up into the city to the only real Anime store in my State that isn't over a day away, as such, I pose a question to anybody here:

I want suggestions for anime to try and buy while I am there, so please, hit me, I've been adventurous with my anime recently (I watched Baka and Test for one...) and will likely go anywhere, all I ask is description and name.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
18-12-2013, 01:34 PM
Fate/Zero is the single best piece of media ever produced.

Second is... I dunno. The entire Evangelion series, I guess.

3'rd, 4'th and 5'th go to Wolfs Rain, Claymore and Angel Beats! in no particular order. Claymore wasn't even that good, now that I think about it, but its what got me into anime, if you don't count DBZ and DB, which I watched as a child and still like a lot.

“To be independent of public opinion is the first formal condition of achieving anything great.”
- Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
18-12-2013, 01:34 PM
So you ever really get into an anime and then halfway through the series it just goes off the rails? Sword Art Online, the first season is just fantastic it's a great anime set in a very interesting world and then in season 2 they just wreck everything and it becomes almost unwatchable. Such a disappointment.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense