Yay! Anime!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2013, 01:43 PM
RE: Yay! Anime!
(18-12-2013 01:34 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  So you ever really get into an anime and then halfway through the series it just goes off the rails? Sword Art Online, the first season is just fantastic it's a great anime set in a very interesting world and then in season 2 they just wreck everything and it becomes almost unwatchable. Such a disappointment.
Yeah, that second SAO season/arc. Pls no. Never again.

You will get that if Fate/Zero is your first Fate show out of the series, and then you go on to attempt Stay night. I highly recommend Zero, by the way, but after its done, trust me, don't watch anymore of the series.

I am a repressed, socially retarded, egotistical, attention starved, solipsistic, passive aggressive, and perpetually aggrieved gay manlet, who is also possibly a hetero incel beta male member of an omega male brothel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2013, 01:48 PM
(18-12-2013 01:43 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(18-12-2013 01:34 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  So you ever really get into an anime and then halfway through the series it just goes off the rails? Sword Art Online, the first season is just fantastic it's a great anime set in a very interesting world and then in season 2 they just wreck everything and it becomes almost unwatchable. Such a disappointment.
Yeah, that second SAO season/arc. Pls no. Never again.

You will get that if Fate/Zero is your first Fate show out of the series, and then you go on to attempt Stay night. I highly recommend Zero, by the way, but after its done, trust me, don't watch anymore of the series.

I might give that a go then. As to SAO the thing with the sister in season 2 made me sick to my stomach I almost stopped watching it because of that. It was just creepy.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
18-12-2013, 01:52 PM
Yep. The fan service, too. Was disappointing.

I am a repressed, socially retarded, egotistical, attention starved, solipsistic, passive aggressive, and perpetually aggrieved gay manlet, who is also possibly a hetero incel beta male member of an omega male brothel
18-12-2013, 01:57 PM
(18-12-2013 01:34 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  Fate/Zero is the single best piece of media ever produced.

Second is... I dunno. The entire Evangelion series, I guess.

3'rd, 4'th and 5'th go to Wolfs Rain, Claymore and Angel Beats! in no particular order. Claymore wasn't even that good, now that I think about it, but its what got me into anime, if you don't count DBZ and DB, which I watched as a child and still like a lot.

I have heard great things about Fate/Zero but also bitter disappointment at the ending, because it had to set up for the apparently lack-lustre Fate/Stay Night.

My only other comments are: The original Evangelion had promise early but rapidly descended into squandering it's full potential as Gainax seemed to run out of budget in the early on, taking pains to having to animate as little as possible in the later episodes.
Plus DBZ in my opinion has not aged well.

I head similar criticisms of SAO on the Podtaku podcast. It looks fucking beautiful, but i's writers pulled a Fahrenheit.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
18-12-2013, 02:04 PM
(18-12-2013 01:57 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I have heard great things about Fate/Zero but also bitter disappointment at the ending, because it had to set up for the apparently lack-lustre Fate/Stay Night.
Yep. That is the only contra of Zero. If it was a stand alone show, it would have been legendary. Well, it is legendary, but it would have been more so.

Quote:The original Evangelion had promise early but rapidly descended into squandering it's full potential as Gainax seemed to run out of budget in the early on, taking pains to having to animate as little as possible in the later episodes.
Also yep. The films Evangelion: Death and Rebirth, and Evangelion: The end of Evangelion made up for the last episodes of the TV series, though. Concluded well. Also, the rebuild series gives me action boners.

And anyone looking for good anime to watch:

Fate/Zero. You won't be disappointed. Just do it. I know people don't usually react well to having something pushed down their throats, but just trust me and watch it. Like right now. Crunchyroll's got it.

18-12-2013, 02:15 PM (This post was last modified: 18-12-2013 07:23 PM by Free Thought.)
(18-12-2013 02:04 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(18-12-2013 01:57 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I have heard great things about Fate/Zero but also bitter disappointment at the ending, because it had to set up for the apparently lack-lustre Fate/Stay Night.
Yep. That is the only contra of Zero. If it was a stand alone show, it would have been legendary. Well, it is legendary, but it would have been more so.

Quote:The original Evangelion had promise early but rapidly descended into squandering it's full potential as Gainax seemed to run out of budget in the early on, taking pains to having to animate as little as possible in the later episodes.
Also yep. The films Evangelion: Death and Rebirth, and Evangelion: The end of Evangelion made up for the last episodes of the TV series, though. Concluded well. Also, the rebuild series gives me action boners.

Rebuild is fucking excellent, puts everything Evangelion prior to shame far as I am concerned. Saw 3.0 in a theatre not long ago and it was excellent. My eyes hurt from reading the whole damn time, but what can you do?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
18-12-2013, 02:47 PM
Anime threads always end in sadness Weeping ..i'll be back.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
18-12-2013, 03:06 PM (This post was last modified: 18-12-2013 04:20 PM by Adrianime.)
To answer the OP:

I have like 15 anime that are tied for my favorite. But here are 5 of them:
-YuYu Hakusho
-Hunter X Hunter
-Hajime no Ippo
-Major
-One Piece

SAO is also one of my favorite anime, and I'm not convinced that the second arc was a second season as some people refer to it as. The latter half of the series was definitely not as good as the first, but it was still pretty darn good. And also, Leafa wasn't his blood relative sister, she was his cousin. A common theme in anime (especially Harem) is for adolescants to be put into situations where they live together and end up calling each other brother and sister without actually being siblings. Many times, eventually one of them fall in love.

Some cultures view the marriage of cousins as encouraged and/or not taboo. From what I know of Japan, it is not a completely *wild* concept over there (and it is perfectly legal), so that theme appearing is not surprising. I know, in the US it is taboo and has some heavy stigma, but ethnocentrism aside, there is nothing objectively immoral or wrong with mating with your cousin.

18-12-2013, 03:27 PM
Fate/Zero is excellent, but I probably like Fate/Stay night more. The back story behind Archer is super Awesome, and I recommend looking into it after you finish the series.

18-12-2013, 03:52 PM
(18-12-2013 03:06 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  -Hunter X Hunter
I couldn't bring myself to watch the anime after reading the manga; they censored too much of the violence. No

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post