Yay! Anime!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2013, 04:11 PM
RE: Yay! Anime!
(18-12-2013 03:52 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(18-12-2013 03:06 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  -Hunter X Hunter
I couldn't bring myself to watch the anime after reading the manga; they censored too much of the violence. No
Hah, I make a point to not read manga so that I don't have anything to compare the anime to (and also because I have a very finite amount of time to enjoy anime). I've made a couple exceptions, when anime end incorrectly and the manga has the correct ending for instance, like the original Hunter X Hunter anime (ended with a scene that suggested something that wasn't actually true to the story), and in Gash Bell (horrible anime ending, awesome manga ending).

Hunter X Hunter is awesome, even if it's far from dark. I love Gon and killua. I recommend watching it...just think of it as a shounen title for middle schoolers and don't expect any gore and you are good to go Thumbsup.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2013, 07:19 PM
Oh Lord, I have watched a shit ton of anime.

My favorites being:

Death Note- this is by far the best fucking thing I have ever watched. It really questions my stance on whether or not the ends justify the means. Plus, Light is so deliciously interesting, intelligent and cunning that I fucking loved him. Though, the second half of it was too disappointing for words. Also, Light did not turn into a pychopath, but rather became "corrupt."

Code Geass- another anime that is brilliant. It is the only anime that I like that has mechs in it. It's also intellectual, although not as much as Death Note is, and I loved Lelouch. Hated the ending.

Bleach- I stopped watching it eventually, but I thought it was great. It was the first anime that got me into anime, but not the first anime I ever watched.

Naruto- I grew up on this shit.

Ichigo 100%- Was the first harem anime I ever watched. Before then, it had been action, and I never considered that anime was used to convey romance, as well as Action.

Kattekyo (I spelled it wrong) Hitman Reborn- This shit was great. I highly recommend it. Totally rooting for Haru, though.

Now, this isn't an anime, but I want it to be- Liar Game.

I FUCKING LOVED THAT MANGA. IT WAS SO FUCKING INTELLIGENT AND GREAT. I SUGGEST YOU READ IT NOW!

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
18-12-2013, 08:13 PM
In the spirit of the season, I suppose I should remind you all that Tokyo Godfathers exists and is awesome.

... this is my signature!
18-12-2013, 08:51 PM (This post was last modified: 18-12-2013 08:55 PM by Free Thought.)
(18-12-2013 07:19 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Oh Lord, I have watched a shit ton of anime.

My favorites being:

Death Note- this is by far the best fucking thing I have ever watched. It really questions my stance on whether or not the ends justify the means. Plus, Light is so deliciously interesting, intelligent and cunning that I fucking loved him. Though, the second half of it was too disappointing for words. Also, Light did not turn into a pychopath, but rather became "corrupt."

Light had delusions of grandeur almost as soon as he started killing, he used people as dolls in his game and only when faced with the consequences did he even dare to think about his pawns which he had previously no trouble throwing away if it furthered his goal, moreover he didn't form meaning full connections with people, but made it clear that he spent his time when engaging with others to get closer to and kill them, think L.
Prior to obtaining the Death Note, Light makes it clear that he is already a jaded individual at such a young age and apparently spends the majority of his time being reclusive and to an extent, antisocial. To add further, he is very confident in his intelligence and his own abilities to the point of arrogance, and he can be suave and social, but it is a clear façade to the viewer, he also displays sadistic tendencies through the series and is a liar, quite possibly to the point of being a pathological liar.

Light's use of on-and-off social abilities, his arrogance and self-centred confidence, his antisocial behaviour, seemingly pathological lying , thoughtless use and manipulation of others toward his own end, apparent lack of remorse, generally uncaring attitude outside his own desires, his delusions of grandeur among other traits lead me to believe that Light may well have been some form of socio or psychopath even prior to obtaining the Death Note, which acted as an enabler for his psychopathy to properly manifest itself where it previously had not been so active and encouraged or inflamed more manipulative, calculating traits to properly surface.
You have to remember, not all psychopaths are raving loons and most learn to wear a mask in front of others; they tend to be adept at displaying emotions they don't actually feel and those ones tend to be intelligent. Psychopathy is one of the hardest disorders to spot in people when they are not actively engaging in psychopathic behaviour.

It could well be that the Note 'corrupted' Light, but it seems to me that he was already 'corrupt' in a psychological sense.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
18-12-2013, 08:51 PM (This post was last modified: 18-12-2013 08:54 PM by Adrianime.)
(18-12-2013 07:19 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Death Note
Code Geass
Bleach
Naruto
Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn
You have great taste! All of those are on my *favorites* anime list, except Death Note I think I gave a 9/10 because the last 11 or so episodes are incredibly weak compared to the first 23 or so.

18-12-2013, 08:52 PM
@Free THought, Of course Yagami Light was hella corrupt to begin with. He thought he was the actual best person in world to begin with. He's a Hitler. BUT I LOVE HIM.

Also, from what I've heard, most psychopaths are also very intelligent.

19-12-2013, 02:27 PM
(18-12-2013 03:27 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  but I probably like Fate/Stay night more.
No thanks, Jeff.

Quote:The back story behind Archer is super Awesome, and I recommend looking into it after you finish the series.
It's sort of interesting. Staynight is too shonen-y, though. I hate me some Shiro.
19-12-2013, 02:46 PM (This post was last modified: 19-12-2013 03:07 PM by Atothetheist.)
(18-12-2013 08:51 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(18-12-2013 07:19 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Oh Lord, I have watched a shit ton of anime.

My favorites being:

Light had delusions of grandeur almost as soon as he started killing, he used people as dolls in his game and only when faced with the consequences did he even dare to think about his pawns which he had previously no trouble throwing away if it furthered his goal, moreover he didn't form meaning full connections with people, but made it clear that he spent his time when engaging with others to get closer to and kill them, think L.
Prior to obtaining the Death Note, Light makes it clear that he is already a jaded individual at such a young age and apparently spends the majority of his time being reclusive and to an extent, antisocial. To add further, he is very confident in his intelligence and his own abilities to the point of arrogance, and he can be suave and social, but it is a clear façade to the viewer, he also displays sadistic tendencies through the series and is a liar, quite possibly to the point of being a pathological liar.

Light's use of on-and-off social abilities, his arrogance and self-centred confidence, his antisocial behaviour, seemingly pathological lying , thoughtless use and manipulation of others toward his own end, apparent lack of remorse, generally uncaring attitude outside his own desires, his delusions of grandeur among other traits lead me to believe that Light may well have been some form of socio or psychopath even prior to obtaining the Death Note, which acted as an enabler for his psychopathy to properly manifest itself where it previously had not been so active and encouraged or inflamed more manipulative, calculating traits to properly surface.
You have to remember, not all psychopaths are raving loons and most learn to wear a mask in front of others; they tend to be adept at displaying emotions they don't actually feel and those ones tend to be intelligent. Psychopathy is one of the hardest disorders to spot in people when they are not actively engaging in psychopathic behaviour.

It could well be that the Note 'corrupted' Light, but it seems to me that he was already 'corrupt' in a psychological sense.

You seem to forget the arc where he lost his memory of the death note?

You know, the one where Light was actively helping the investigation, AND WOULDN'T LIE TO MISA IN ORDER TO AID IT.

Also, before obtaining the death note, how exactly did light display sadistic tendencies?

And, also, LIGHT STUGGLES with the fact that he might have to end his sister, eventually not doing it.

All of the sadistic stuff you brought forth are AFTER he got the death note. Give me a diagnosis of him previous the death note, and then we will talk. Also, his second victim causes him great distress! And in the Manga, Light states that he has lost weight ever since he has started his undertaking, which indicates that killing has had some physical and mental impact on him.

One must note that Light never has personally killed (and I mean like physically killed) anyone. When he rights a name in the notebook, that isn't the same as stabbing or pulling a gun on someone.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
19-12-2013, 02:57 PM
(19-12-2013 02:27 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  No thanks, Jeff.

It's sort of interesting. Staynight is too shonen-y, though. I hate me some Shiro.
Shounen is my genre of choice.

And don't call me Jeff.Blink

19-12-2013, 03:07 PM
(19-12-2013 02:57 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Shounen is my genre of choice.

And don't call me Jeff.Blink

I can't say that it's the shonen that makes it bad, because I am capable of enjoying shonen to an extent. Although, even for a shonen, the characters in staynight are ridiculously cookie-cutter. I guess it's just that I enjoyed Zero so much, and Zero is strictly mature. THEN I watched Staynight and it wasn't at all what I was expecting. Soundtrack is shit, relative to Zero's GODLY soundtrack. Animation is shit, relative to Zero's GODLY animation. Stupid cookie-cutter, super-hateable characters. Stupid red-head school-boy taking on SERVANTS. That would've been unheard of in Zero, even for badass Kirei or Kiritsugu. Ugh. NO THANKS, JEFF.

/fangirl