Yay! Anime!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-12-2013, 03:43 PM
RE: Yay! Anime!
(19-12-2013 03:07 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(19-12-2013 02:57 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Shounen is my genre of choice.

And don't call me Jeff.Blink

I can't say that it's the shonen that makes it bad, because I am capable of enjoying shonen to an extent. Although, even for a shonen, the characters in staynight are ridiculously cookie-cutter. I guess it's just that I enjoyed Zero so much, and Zero is strictly mature. THEN I watched Staynight and it wasn't at all what I was expecting. Soundtrack is shit, relative to Zero's GODLY soundtrack. Animation is shit, relative to Zero's GODLY animation. Stupid cookie-cutter, super-hateable characters. Stupid red-head school-boy taking on SERVANTS. That would've been unheard of in Zero, even for badass Kirei or Kiritsugu. Ugh. NO THANKS, JEFF.

/fangirl
Why are you calling me JEFF? Weeping, Could you please not call me by somebody elses name just as a matter of courtesy? And you watched them in reverse order of their release. Zero isn't even a full prequel to Stay Night, they are different universes. The stories are very similar, but they don't align 100% (When I watched Zero I noticed several inconsistencies, but I don't remember them now). Zero was produced as a higher quality anime, definitely, but I enjoyed Stay Night more.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-01-2014, 08:30 AM
[Image: e5a731dc1bc139b9861e5e2012ef60.jpg]
[Image: fb0f8b7cce1cfbaf31d11b18c535d6.jpg]
[Image: b85190d0a867266500233a90fa293c.jpg]
[Image: 063e341c20888c9651c8492c8522f8.jpg]
[Image: 5d7e8ef90138416251e60432a56f7f.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
15-01-2014, 02:45 PM
@Rev's post, It's so interesting how stuff "travels" around the net. My friend showed me that last week. I showed it to a friend on the same day. Now somebody across the country is showing the same thing.

To be clear, I'm not saying I originated it or know where it originated, I'm just saying within a week two people on the opposite sides of the US show an appreciation for the same image. This "viral" behavior has been happening a lot recently. It's pretty cool.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
15-01-2014, 04:05 PM
(15-01-2014 02:45 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  @Rev's post, It's so interesting how stuff "travels" around the net. My friend showed me that last week. I showed it to a friend on the same day. Now somebody across the country is showing the same thing.

To be clear, I'm not saying I originated it or know where it originated, I'm just saying within a week two people on the opposite sides of the US show an appreciation for the same image. This "viral" behavior has been happening a lot recently. It's pretty cool.

I saw it on a meme site and thought it was cool so transferred it here. But thats the web for you, the whole world is getting smaller.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
16-01-2014, 09:57 PM
[Image: 51isHOLZVSL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

Just starting this on Netflix, and I'm having a ball so far.

[Image: MegahentaiSignature_zps7c4b73b2.jpg]
17-01-2014, 08:39 PM
^^^

[Image: tumblr_msejwiuHfD1rutiyqo1_500.gif]

btw I love funny anime gifs. Bring 'em on.
06-02-2014, 03:38 PM
So I watched studio Ghibli's Spirited Away. It didn't live up to the inflated expectations I had. I've heard so much good about this one, but really, how is it that special? There was no climax. None. It's a Ghibli, so it's beautiful to look at, at the very least.
07-02-2014, 07:04 AM
I prefer Nausica and the Valley of the Wind. I think it's Miyazaki's best, though Princess Mononoke has a lot going for it, and Porco Rosso. Spirited away has grown on me over the years, but it is not in my top three.

But they're all Miyazaki movies. They are their own sub-genre of Anime. Some will enjoy. Some not.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nausica%C3%...ind_(film)

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
07-02-2014, 09:59 PM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2014 10:05 PM by DemonicLemon.)
Starting a few weeks ago, friend of mine started to lend me her anime collection.

So far I watched Sekirei, Yamada's First Time, and right now I'm burning through Maburaho.

The last one in that list another friend of mine suggested I watch using English subtitles and Japanese voice actors.

Since I didn't get though Maburaho as fast as I was expecting to, the friend that suggested the Japanese voice actors lent me Shuffle to watch soon afterwards since he finished it.
08-02-2014, 01:15 AM
(07-02-2014 09:59 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  Starting a few weeks ago, friend of mine started to lend me her anime collection.

So far I watched Sekirei, Yamada's First Time, and right now I'm burning through Maburaho.

The last one in that list another friend of mine suggested I watch using English subtitles and Japanese voice actors.

Since I didn't get though Maburaho as fast as I was expecting to, the friend that suggested the Japanese voice actors lent me Shuffle to watch soon afterwards since he finished it.

Sekirei, huh?

Oh it's plot...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.