Yay! Anime!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2014, 01:25 AM
RE: Yay! Anime!
(08-02-2014 01:15 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Sekirei, huh?

Oh it's plot...

The first thing I did when my friend gave me the boxed set for the show was rub Water Lady's boobs on the case. According to google, her name is Tsukiumi.

I must admit, though the story seemed like a bunch of justifications for big breasted harems and assorted fetishes, I did enjoy the plot.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DemonicLemon's post
08-02-2014, 02:13 AM
(08-02-2014 01:25 AM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  
(08-02-2014 01:15 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Sekirei, huh?

Oh it's plot...

The first thing I did when my friend gave me the boxed set for the show was rub Water Lady's boobs on the case. According to google, her name is Tsukiumi.

I must admit, though the story seemed like a bunch of justifications for big breasted harems and assorted fetishes, I did enjoy the plot.

I only even got through the first season, but through that, the over-arching plot to me showed quite some promise. What happened later I have no idea.
Though it wouldn't surprise me if the plot faltered and failed later under the massive weight of Musubi's breasts.
It wouldn't be the first time a show with a plot and setting which might make for legitimately interesting watch would have fallen under the weight of massive breasts. (I'm looking at you, Highschool of the Dead! You could have been so much more than you were!)

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
08-02-2014, 02:37 AM
(08-02-2014 02:13 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I only even got through the first season, but through that, the over-arching plot to me showed quite some promise. What happened later I have no idea.
Though it wouldn't surprise me if the plot faltered and failed later under the massive weight of Musubi's breasts.
It wouldn't be the first time a show with a plot and setting which might make for legitimately interesting watch would have fallen under the weight of massive breasts.

Although I enjoyed the second season, I noticed it had a very different flavor than the first, but I think that had something to do with a different opening theme and possibly the darker atmosphere. My only legitimate gripe was that they seemed to pull the resolution of Season 1 penultimate episode out of thin air. Beyond that, I don't believe the plot really shattered like you think, they did make some interesting twists and some cases of the feels.
08-02-2014, 02:41 AM
(08-02-2014 02:37 AM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  ... Beyond that, I don't believe the plot really shattered like you think, they did make some interesting twists and some cases of the feels.

To clarify, I wasn't saying that was what I thought would happen, merely that it wouldn't surprise me if it did as I haven't ventured properly into the second season.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
08-02-2014, 02:45 AM
(08-02-2014 02:41 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(08-02-2014 02:37 AM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  ... Beyond that, I don't believe the plot really shattered like you think, they did make some interesting twists and some cases of the feels.

To clarify, I wasn't saying that was what I thought would happen, merely that it wouldn't surprise me if it did as I haven't ventured properly into the second season.

Fair enough. Just IMO I don't feel the second season went down the drains. I'd say they pulled it off well.
08-02-2014, 02:57 AM
(08-02-2014 02:45 AM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  
(08-02-2014 02:41 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  To clarify, I wasn't saying that was what I thought would happen, merely that it wouldn't surprise me if it did as I haven't ventured properly into the second season.

Fair enough. Just IMO I don't feel the second season went down the drains. I'd say they pulled it off well.

I look forward to the day when I can afford to obtain it myself and make my judgement.
Hell, I look forward to the day I can own it in entirety regardless of rendering judgement, cause boobs!
... I allow myself to be a typical teenage male once in a while. But only once in a while.

08-02-2014, 03:07 AM
(08-02-2014 02:57 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I look forward to the day when I can afford to obtain it myself and make my judgement.
Hell, I look forward to the day I can own it in entirety regardless of rendering judgement, cause boobs!
... I allow myself to be a typical teenage male once in a while. But only once in a while.

There is nothing wrong with boobs. When there is a story that lets you connect to the characters as well, it just makes it better!
08-02-2014, 04:37 AM
Okay I just completed Maburaho. Oh god the feels, felt like I was going to cry at the climax of the last episode.
08-02-2014, 12:51 PM
Sekirei is probably my favorite harem. It's like harem+pokemon. Not sexist at all.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
08-02-2014, 01:43 PM
(08-02-2014 12:51 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Sekirei is probably my favorite harem. It's like harem+pokemon. Not sexist at all.

I believe Sekirei will have a place in my heart from being my first.