Yay! More people shooting each other!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2014, 04:40 AM
Yay! More people shooting each other!
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/shot-...h-23876592

At least these ones didnt have a manifesto like on friday.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-05-2014, 04:55 AM
RE: Yay! More people shooting each other!
You are so out of character. A Hobbit would not say "yay!" She would conduct a four day convention on what should be done about it first and then host a two day eat fest.

The shootings are terrible. But I must confess, I am becoming accustomed to the reports as they were once horrific to me instead of terrible. Soon I am afraid I will say "Que Sara, Sera."

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
27-05-2014, 04:58 AM
I'd say lets hold a convention. But lets face it, this is America, nothing will ever be done about it.

I'm all for a two day feast though! Let's do this Dee!
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
27-05-2014, 05:01 AM
(27-05-2014 04:40 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/shot-...h-23876592

Meanwhile, in related, albeit better, news

Suspended animation trails designed to keep gunshot, stab wound and other critical injury victims alive for longer have been given the go-ahead.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
27-05-2014, 05:03 AM
(27-05-2014 05:01 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(27-05-2014 04:40 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/shot-...h-23876592

Meanwhile, in related, albeit better, news

Suspended animation trails designed to keep gunshot and stab victims alive for longer have been given the go-ahead.

Oh yay, the solution we've all been waiting for. Dodgy

(Its really freaking cool they are doing this though!)
27-05-2014, 05:14 AM
(27-05-2014 05:03 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(27-05-2014 05:01 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Meanwhile, in related, albeit better, news

Suspended animation trails designed to keep gunshot and stab victims alive for longer have been given the go-ahead.

Oh yay, the solution we've all been waiting for. Dodgy

Well it doesn't look like you yanks are doing much to stop the shooting incidences, so you may as well dedicate your time to finding the best cure to the results.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
27-05-2014, 05:18 AM
(27-05-2014 05:14 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(27-05-2014 05:03 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Oh yay, the solution we've all been waiting for. Dodgy

Well it doesn't look like you yanks are doing much to stop the shooting incidences, so you may as well dedicate your time to finding the best cure to the results.

Couldn't agree more. Don't vaccinate, Treat! *chuckle*
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
27-05-2014, 05:34 AM
It's quite remarkable how any forum which has a large amount of Americans on it will soon have lots of gun threads on it. I used to be on a naturist forum which had an international audience and they had a blanket ban on all gun threads. An American teenager posted pictures of himself with an assault rifle, or whatever it is, a German nurse objected because she had seen first hand the type of wounds caused by guns and it all blew up from there leading to an outright ban.

Not that I am saying that this thread falls into the same category mind you because it's about an incident and such incidents reflect an underlying problem. I'm referring to threads basically just about guns, guns and yet more guns. Don't get me wrong it would be interesting to experience holding something big and powerful in my hands which shoots when I squeeze it, but I'd quickly get bored of it. It's not like most people actually have a use for a gun. I think hearing about how KC used one to put down an injured cat was the first time I heard a legitimate use for one.

Learning to expertly use a 6 foot bullwhip sounds far more interesting. Or knife throwing! That would be cool. Guns? Point, squeeze, bang .. bored now.
[+] 4 users Like Mathilda's post
27-05-2014, 05:42 AM (This post was last modified: 27-05-2014 05:51 AM by Hobbitgirl.)
(27-05-2014 05:34 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  It's quite remarkable how any forum which has a large amount of Americans on it will soon have lots of gun threads on it. I used to be on a naturist forum which had an international audience and they had a blanket ban on all gun threads. An American teenager posted pictures of himself with an assault rifle, or whatever it is, a German nurse objected because she had seen first hand the type of wounds caused by guns and it all blew up from there leading to an outright ban.

Not that I am saying that this thread falls into the same category mind you because it's about an incident and such incidents reflect an underlying problem. I'm referring to threads basically just about guns, guns and yet more guns. Don't get me wrong it would be interesting to experience holding something big and powerful in my hands which shoots when I squeeze it, but I'd quickly get bored of it. It's not like most people actually have a use for a gun. I think hearing about how KC used one to put down an injured cat was the first time I heard a legitimate use for one.

Learning to expertly use a 6 foot bullwhip sounds far more interesting. Or knife throwing! That would be cool. Guns? Point, squeeze, bang .. bored now.

Yeah.

I get tired about hearing about guns too. I don't like them and have no use for them.
I suspect it comes from the fact I have no desire to hurt someone and I do not fear the people around me. What good did that ever do anyone?

But sadly its something I'm going to have to continue to deal with living here in ol' america.

I just thought it was interesting how this happened so shortly after Elliot Roger,.

Id rather learn other things as well. I did archery in high school and I really enjoyed that.
Fire twirling. That would be awesome! Big Grin

[Image: firetwirling.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
27-05-2014, 05:50 AM
(27-05-2014 05:42 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(27-05-2014 05:34 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  It's quite remarkable how any forum which has a large amount of Americans on it will soon have lots of gun threads on it. I used to be on a naturist forum which had an international audience and they had a blanket ban on all gun threads. An American teenager posted pictures of himself with an assault rifle, or whatever it is, a German nurse objected because she had seen first hand the type of wounds caused by guns and it all blew up from there leading to an outright ban.

Yeah.

I get tired about hearing about guns too. I don't like them and have no use for them.
I suspect it comes from the fact I have no desire to hurt someone and I do not fear the people around me. What good did that ever do anyone?

But sadly its something I'm going to have to continue to deal with living here in ol' america.

I just thought it was interesting how this happened so shortly after Elliot Roger.

Id rather learn other things as well. I did archery in high school and I really enjoyed that.
Fire twirling. That would be awesome! Big Grin

[Image: firetwirling.jpg]