Yay! More people shooting each other!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2014, 05:53 AM
RE: Yay! More people shooting each other!
(27-05-2014 05:34 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Learning to expertly use a 6 foot bullwhip sounds far more interesting. Or knife throwing! That would be cool. Guns? Point, squeeze, bang .. bored now.

But, I don't own a bullwhip, and I cut myself with knives. Oh yeah, I live in Texas where folks drive around in pickups with their firearms displayed in the back window, but I don't own a gun.

That said:

American's right to own guns is a constitutional right. I do support that right, and I absolutely believe our violent culture is about our violent beginnings, and I absolutely believe that if a crazy someone wants to kill a group of people they will find a way even if guns are banned.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dee's post
27-05-2014, 06:22 AM
(27-05-2014 05:53 AM)Dee Wrote:  
(27-05-2014 05:34 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Learning to expertly use a 6 foot bullwhip sounds far more interesting. Or knife throwing! That would be cool. Guns? Point, squeeze, bang .. bored now.

But, I don't own a bullwhip, and I cut myself with knives. Oh yeah, I live in Texas where folks drive around in pickups with their firearms displayed in the back window, but I don't own a gun.

That said:

American's right to own guns is a constitutional right. I do support that right, and I absolutely believe our violent culture is about our violent beginnings, and I absolutely believe that if a crazy someone wants to kill a group of people they will find a way even if guns are banned.
Yup. A pipe bomb is easy enough to make.
27-05-2014, 06:25 AM
Silly me! I thought you were talking about the 4 shootings in Myrtle Beach, SC over the weekend. Facepalm

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/shooting-in-...ounds-one/

crazy.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
27-05-2014, 07:19 AM
I am sorry to hear these stories. Talking to many Americans about guns is like discussing evolution with creationists. There is a disconnect going on. The constitution is like the Koran and is perfect and cannot be improved. Yet there are amendments???

I am unable to explain the violent goings on anywhere. I am no expert in that field.

I am simply horrified.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
27-05-2014, 10:22 AM
(27-05-2014 07:19 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I am sorry to hear these stories. Talking to many Americans about guns is like discussing evolution with creationists. There is a disconnect going on. The constitution is like the Koran and is perfect and cannot be improved. Yet there are amendments???

I am unable to explain the violent goings on anywhere. I am no expert in that field.

I am simply horrified.

I'm certainly no expert either. Honestly I don't really care.

What makes me sad is most americans are happy to give up their OTHER constitutional freedoms (Yah know, Privacy, freedom of speech etc) without a second thought. How many times have I heard statements such as "Well I'll give up some privacy to feel -safe-" or "Lets ban the word Bossy"

(A more "fun" one of many examples...but are you kidding me?)

But talk about the guns.....dont you dare. Lol (You know...the guns that were put there to protect the other rights we are losing slowly but surely.)

In the meantime we'll ignore any solution and continue to let people have their guns "over their cold dead bodies" I have more important rights to worry about (Like being able live in a secular society without the government trying to force dead zombies, sky daddies, and sin down my throat)

Now I'm not someone that thinks our first resort should be to ban guns (Yes they are a right, even though I don't like or have one) But ya know what? I'm not afraid of the conversation either.

I've explained to my over-seas friends that not all of us yanks are gun carrying "good folk" LOL Tongue
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
27-05-2014, 10:24 AM
(27-05-2014 10:22 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(27-05-2014 07:19 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I am sorry to hear these stories. Talking to many Americans about guns is like discussing evolution with creationists. There is a disconnect going on. The constitution is like the Koran and is perfect and cannot be improved. Yet there are amendments???

I am simply horrified.

I'm certainly no expert either. Honestly I don't really care.

What makes me sad is most americans are happy to give up their OTHER constitutional freedoms (Yah know, Privacy, freedom of speech etc) without a second thought. How many times have I heard statements such as "Well I'll give up some privacy to feel -safe-" or "Lets ban the word Bossy"

But talk about the guns.....dont you dare. Lol (You know...the guns that were put there to protect the other rights we are losing slowly but surely.)

In the meantime we'll ignore any solution and continue to let people have their guns "over their cold dead bodies" I have more important rights to worry about (Like being able live in a secular society without the government trying to force dead zombies, sky daddies, and sin down my throat)

Now I'm not someone that thinks our first resort should be to ban guns (Yes they are a right, even though I don't like or have one) But ya know what? I'm not afraid of the conversation either.

I've explained to my over-seas friends that not all of us yanks are gun carrying "good folk" LOL Tongue

The Theocrats and fascists figured out you can take all the other freedoms without a fight if you give them their guns. Sheep are stupid.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
27-05-2014, 10:28 AM
(27-05-2014 10:24 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(27-05-2014 10:22 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I'm certainly no expert either. Honestly I don't really care.

The Theocrats and fascists figured out you can take all the other freedoms without a fight if you give them their guns. Sheep are stupid.

They are doing it while letting us keep guns. People really are stupid Tongue Exactly. Give em a treat and they'll be happy.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
27-05-2014, 10:35 AM
Mean while, in my neck of the woods the police are shooting civilians on the street because they don't speak English.

-WARNING- Contains a graphic video of police shooting a suspect:

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
27-05-2014, 10:53 AM
I have come to the conclusion that there should be 3 simple restrictions for being able to register and own a gun in the US.

The restrictions:
1.) Full background check of course, with reregistration every 4-6 years (similar to a teaching certificate, driving permit, etc.,.)
2.) Completed gun safety class, with reregistration every 4 years
3.) Prove ability to juggle - simple tennis ball juggling, nothing strenuous, with reregistration every 4 years

Any idiot can make it past the first two... the last one ... crazy people can't juggle.

It's a fact. Google that shit. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
27-05-2014, 11:02 AM
(27-05-2014 05:34 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Don't get me wrong it would be interesting to experience holding something big and powerful in my hands which shoots when I squeeze it, but I'd quickly get bored of it.

Well I guess that's one way to bruise us men's collective ego. Weeping

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 5 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post