Yay for American gun laws

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2014, 08:34 AM
RE: Yay for American gun laws
(03-05-2014 04:48 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(01-05-2014 11:06 PM)Sam Wrote:  Yeah, I think that's what I find so creepy about gun enthusiasts...

Its not what they do on the range, or in a gun store... Its what happens at night, when the lights are off, and nobody's watching...

Because, remember.

Happiness, is a warm gun... Big Grin

You mean like this?

[Image: fat_hairy_guy_on_bed_with_guns.jpeg]

Oh gosh, what has been seen cannot be unseen... Shocking

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
03-05-2014, 09:15 AM
(03-05-2014 08:34 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(03-05-2014 04:48 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  You mean like this?

Oh gosh, what has been seen cannot be unseen... Shocking

Need some mind bleach Anj ?

I've started to buy it at wholesale, just for some of what gets posted on TTA. Rolleyes

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 2 users Like War Horse's post
03-05-2014, 09:28 AM
(03-05-2014 04:29 AM)Juv Wrote:  Little Britain doesn't know shit, fuck them.

Gun laws are not the problem here.

According to the media reports, the kid stupidly entered an unknown persons garage, and was killed. Major heartbreak for his family, but some self preservationist thinking on his part would mean he would still be alive...... Is it common in Germany to enter a strangers residence?

My impression of Germans was that they respect personal space and privacy.

Has anyone considered that the kid mighta been entering to look for whoever owned the house? You know, to tell them that their garage door was wide open with a purse in full view?

In most European countries that would be considered a totally normal thing to do in the situation. It's only in America (where you have this weird gun obsession), that people would try and justify shooting someone when you don't even know their intentions.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
03-05-2014, 09:36 AM
It is absolutely not normal here to trespass on private property. You ring the bell in front if you want something, that's it. Trespassing is not normal behavior. People have been shot for that since the early days of this country.

You can't compare different cultures on that level, there are very different approaches to such things.

Not that I am defending what that guy did, I am not, but you do have a view of things that does not apply here.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 6 users Like Dom's post
03-05-2014, 09:45 AM
(03-05-2014 09:28 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  Has anyone considered that the kid mighta been entering to look for whoever owned the house? You know, to tell them that their garage door was wide open with a purse in full view?
In most European countries that would be considered a totally normal thing to do in the situation. It's only in America (where you have this weird gun obsession), that people would try and justify shooting someone when you don't even know their intentions.

Thats the most naive statement I've ever heard... at least recently.

I dont know what kind of milk and cookies area that you live in, however even when I was growing up in Germany, that bonehead move would have resulted in at least an asskicking.

You DONT EVER enter another person private property, unless its to aid in a life and death situation, such as a fire, etc.

The guns arent the problem here, its the people and the amount of violence perpetrated.

[+] 2 users Like War Horse's post
03-05-2014, 09:46 AM
(03-05-2014 09:36 AM)Dom Wrote:  It is absolutely not normal here to trespass on private property. You ring the bell in front if you want something, that's it. Trespassing is not normal behavior. People have been shot for that since the early days of this country.

You can't compare different cultures on that level, there are very different approaches to such things.

Not that I am defending what that guy did, I am not, but you do have a view of things that does not apply here.

Yabut, he wasn't from here. That's kinda the point. What if he was just acting innocently? Do you just chalk it up to, "merica, shoulda better fuckin known better"?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
03-05-2014, 09:50 AM
(03-05-2014 04:48 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(01-05-2014 11:06 PM)Sam Wrote:  Yeah, I think that's what I find so creepy about gun enthusiasts...

Its not what they do on the range, or in a gun store... Its what happens at night, when the lights are off, and nobody's watching...

Because, remember.

Happiness, is a warm gun... Big Grin

You mean like this?

Yeah... Those guys.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-05-2014, 09:54 AM
My husband leaves for work around 4am. We live at the back side of a subdivision, there is no way out on this side of the neighborhood - in other words - this has to be your destination and not a way of going anywhere else.

A couple mornings ago he went out the back door to get in his truck and there were two young men standing under the tree in our front yard. When they saw the pistol in his hand - not pointed at them, just carrying it - they decided they should move along.

4 am....two guys in their late teens or twenties hanging out in our yard. Ummm...no. There were not neighbors, this neighborhood is nearly 100% white....they weren't so it's obvious they didn't live around here.

No gun shot, no threatening with the gun, but they will probably think twice before deciding our yard is a great place to chill in the dark of night.

Do bad things happen because of guns...of course. Are they always a bad thing...no.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
03-05-2014, 10:03 AM
(03-05-2014 09:46 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  Yabut, he wasn't from here. That's kinda the point. What if he was just acting innocently? Do you just chalk it up to, "merica, shoulda better fuckin known better"?

Better know the layout of a foreign country before you visit. Think about the middle east or for that matter Mexico..... you had better know the rules, or things wont go well for you at all.

Sorry, but I've got the feeling the kids intentions werent all that innocent. Not saying the shooter was in his right mind either, what with the baiting and lying in wait with a shotgun, is to say the least, a desperate measure of an angry man, possibly not right in the head.

Hard to second guess what cicumstances that led up to this, without having more information.

03-05-2014, 10:12 AM
(03-05-2014 10:03 AM)War Horse Wrote:  
(03-05-2014 09:46 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  Yabut, he wasn't from here. That's kinda the point. What if he was just acting innocently? Do you just chalk it up to, "merica, shoulda better fuckin known better"?

Better know the layout of a foreign country before you visit. Think about the middle east or for that matter Mexico..... you had better know the rules, or things wont go well for you at all.

Sorry, but I've got the feeling the kids intentions werent all that innocent. Not saying the shooter was in his right mind either, what with the baiting and lying in wait with a shotgun, is to say the least, a desperate measure of an angry man, possibly not right in the head.

Hard to second guess what cicumstances that led up to this, without having more information.

Unfortunately we'll never know the kid's intent, your feelings are nothing but conjecture. The problem lies in the way that citizens are breeding a mindset that it's okay to behave this way and be justified in it.

I'm just watching the circus and trying to stay alive. My feeling is that the dead kid was ultimately doing the same, regardless of his poor decision that day.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco