Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-06-2015, 08:41 AM
RE: Yeah, there's no global warming.
(26-06-2015 04:46 PM)Kestrel Wrote:  
(26-06-2015 03:56 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I want to live!!!! Weeping

Hang on. There may be hope!

Consider the following;

The link Chas provided clearly says that the warming in Mexico and elsewhere in the world is uncovering enough artifacts and things of interest that there is now a journal of glacial archeology.

This is a good thing!

For a thing to be uncovered, means that it had to become covered. Which in turn means that at one time it was uncovered! So following the logic of the article, anything uncovered by melting snow, ice or glacial formation demonstrates that at a time before said covering the Earth was.........warmer. (??)

Consider

Yes that is true. Before the first Ice Age the climate of the earth was very tropical. Palm Tree's grew in Alaska. Alligators swam in swamp's near the North pole. It was hot and humid.

Not necessarily a good thing. That mean's we now have more water. Which mean's larger more valiant storms. Coast lines will change in our life times along with much hotter summers and much colder winters.

I think George Carlin said it best.

"The planet has been through a lot worse than us. Been through all kinds of things worse than us. Been through earthquakes, volcanoes, plate tectonics, continental drift, solar flares, sun spots, magnetic storms, the magnetic reversal of the poles...hundreds of thousands of years of bombardment by comets and steroids and meteors, worldwide floods, tidal waves, worldwide fires, erosion, cosmic rays, recurring ice ages...And we think some plastic bags, and some aluminum cans are going to make a difference? The planet...the planet...the planet isn't going anywhere. WE ARE!"

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
27-06-2015, 04:26 PM
Ok, I'm just going to ask. Because I can't tell.

Are people here being serious when they're saying there is no global warming, or that it's a positive thing?
27-06-2015, 06:07 PM
(27-06-2015 08:41 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  
(26-06-2015 04:46 PM)Kestrel Wrote:  Hang on. There may be hope!

Consider the following;

The link Chas provided clearly says that the warming in Mexico and elsewhere in the world is uncovering enough artifacts and things of interest that there is now a journal of glacial archeology.

This is a good thing!

For a thing to be uncovered, means that it had to become covered. Which in turn means that at one time it was uncovered! So following the logic of the article, anything uncovered by melting snow, ice or glacial formation demonstrates that at a time before said covering the Earth was.........warmer. (??)

Consider

Yes that is true. Before the first Ice Age the climate of the earth was very tropical. Palm Tree's grew in Alaska. Alligators swam in swamp's near the North pole. It was hot and humid.

Not necessarily a good thing. That mean's we now have more water. Which mean's larger more valiant storms. Coast lines will change in our life times along with much hotter summers and much colder winters.

I think George Carlin said it best.

"The planet has been through a lot worse than us. Been through all kinds of things worse than us. Been through earthquakes, volcanoes, plate tectonics, continental drift, solar flares, sun spots, magnetic storms, the magnetic reversal of the poles...hundreds of thousands of years of bombardment by comets and steroids and meteors, worldwide floods, tidal waves, worldwide fires, erosion, cosmic rays, recurring ice ages...And we think some plastic bags, and some aluminum cans are going to make a difference? The planet...the planet...the planet isn't going anywhere. WE ARE!"

No climatologist denies that the earth has been warmer and cooler in the past many times over.

The issue is the rate at which the warming is occurring and how human activity is one of the causes. The rate is unprecedented. Human activity dumps 2.4 million pounds of CO₂ per second into the atmosphere.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
27-06-2015, 06:58 PM
(27-06-2015 04:26 PM)Dragonmaster352 Wrote:  Ok, I'm just going to ask. Because I can't tell.

Are people here being serious when they're saying there is no global warming, or that it's a positive thing?

Personally, I am unconvinced to date, that man contributes to the earths climate towards anywhere near the degree that alarmists claim.

I'm open.

"If you're going my way, I'll go with you."- Jim Croce
27-06-2015, 07:04 PM
Yeah, there's no global warming.
Kolberts, The Sixth Extinction, an Unnatural History was pretty convincing for me.

I'm still open as well though.

**Crickets** -- God
27-06-2015, 07:09 PM
(27-06-2015 06:58 PM)Kestrel Wrote:  
(27-06-2015 04:26 PM)Dragonmaster352 Wrote:  Ok, I'm just going to ask. Because I can't tell.

Personally, I am unconvinced to date, that man contributes to the earths climate towards anywhere near the degree that alarmists claim.

I'm open.

Start with the fact that human activity dumps 2.4 million pounds of CO₂ per second into the atmosphere.

That is unprecedented and the rate of warming is unprecedented.

27-06-2015, 07:47 PM
(27-06-2015 07:09 PM)Chas Wrote:  Start with the fact that human activity dumps 2.4 million pounds of CO₂ per second into the atmosphere.

Yes Chas.
I understood that to be your position.

"If you're going my way, I'll go with you."- Jim Croce
27-06-2015, 08:07 PM
Looking on the bright side...

The extinction of humanity will also herald the extinction of all gods and goddesses.

Altogether now ... always look on the bright side of the end of life.

Phiw-phuw phu-phu phu-phu phiw-phuw

Big Grin

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
27-06-2015, 08:16 PM (This post was last modified: 27-06-2015 11:58 PM by Mr Woof.)
Irrespective of climate change, man made or otherwise, it seems prudent, to care for the environment as safely as we can.
[+] 2 users Like Mr Woof's post
28-06-2015, 05:53 AM
(27-06-2015 07:47 PM)Kestrel Wrote:  
(27-06-2015 07:09 PM)Chas Wrote:  Start with the fact that human activity dumps 2.4 million pounds of CO₂ per second into the atmosphere.

Yes Chas.
I understood that to be your position.

That is not a 'position', those are simple facts.