Yeah, there's no global warming.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-06-2015, 06:25 AM
RE: Yeah, there's no global warming.
(28-06-2015 05:53 AM)Chas Wrote:  That is not a 'position', those are simple facts.

Ok.

"If you're going my way, I'll go with you."- Jim Croce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2015, 01:46 PM
In case you want to check the facts for yourself as well as the predictions of what the consequences could be. I provide you with a link to NASA: http://www.http://earthobservatory.nasa....alWarming/

I believe NASA to be an impartial source on this matter as it is scientific institute and thus can be reasonably be assumed to follow where the evidence leads to. Though if this isn't enough to convince you, I will provide additional sources. And I will avoid sources that have an interest in converting you to a certain side.
29-06-2015, 04:42 PM
(29-06-2015 01:46 PM)Dragonmaster352 Wrote:  In case you want to check the facts for yourself as well as the predictions of what the consequences could be. I provide you with a link to NASA: http://www.http://earthobservatory.nasa....alWarming/

I believe NASA to be an impartial source on this matter as it is scientific institute and thus can be reasonably be assumed to follow where the evidence leads to. Though if this isn't enough to convince you, I will provide additional sources. And I will avoid sources that have an interest in converting you to a certain side.

I appreciate the offer. Thank you.

Dragonmaster352 Wrote:In case you want to check the facts for yourself ...

I have read the information for years and continue to do so.
I'm familiar with the controversies, arguments and politics.

Thanks again.

"If you're going my way, I'll go with you."- Jim Croce
29-06-2015, 05:39 PM
I used to be "skeptical" a number of years ago, but the evidence became overwhelming, the signs are literally everywhere: ocean acidification, worldwide glacial recession (Arctic/Antarctic/EVERYWHERE), ocean average temperatures, fauna behavior/migration patterns/extinctions, flora habitats/growing seasons, weather patterns, the list goes on.
I wouldn't say I'm 100% convinced, as an engineer (scientist at heart) I don't really feel comfortable with "certainty", but it's definitely at the point where I'd be extremely surprised if it WASN'T our fault somehow. I also give deference to scientists who've spent many years actively studying this, it's not credible to assume they have any reason at all to LIE about this. For most of them, it's "beyond a reasonable doubt", and already too late to avert a crisis. I HOPE it's not to late, and I REALLY hope that some of them are overreacting, but it's an awful lot of scientists that think we're over that atmospheric carbon dioxide limit (500 ppm?), the "oh shit we're fucked" point-of-no-return.

Also, I don't see how it could possibly hurt us to further pursue cleaner energy, there is literally no downside at this point, so I distrust every politician who thinks otherwise.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like MustangManda's post
01-07-2015, 10:07 PM
(26-06-2015 03:56 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I want to live!!!! Weeping

We are human, we will just puch extinction in the dick again.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
02-07-2015, 04:34 AM
(27-06-2015 06:07 PM)Chas Wrote:  The issue is the rate at which the warming is occurring and how human activity is one of the causes. The rate is unprecedented. Human activity dumps 2.4 million pounds of CO₂ per second into the atmosphere.

That is incredible.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
02-07-2015, 11:09 AM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2015 11:12 AM by Commonsensei.)
(27-06-2015 06:07 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-06-2015 08:41 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Yes that is true. Before the first Ice Age the climate of the earth was very tropical. Palm Tree's grew in Alaska. Alligators swam in swamp's near the North pole. It was hot and humid.

Not necessarily a good thing. That mean's we now have more water. Which mean's larger more valiant storms. Coast lines will change in our life times along with much hotter summers and much colder winters.

I think George Carlin said it best.

"The planet has been through a lot worse than us. Been through all kinds of things worse than us. Been through earthquakes, volcanoes, plate tectonics, continental drift, solar flares, sun spots, magnetic storms, the magnetic reversal of the poles...hundreds of thousands of years of bombardment by comets and steroids and meteors, worldwide floods, tidal waves, worldwide fires, erosion, cosmic rays, recurring ice ages...And we think some plastic bags, and some aluminum cans are going to make a difference? The planet...the planet...the planet isn't going anywhere. WE ARE!"

No climatologist denies that the earth has been warmer and cooler in the past many times over.

The issue is the rate at which the warming is occurring and how human activity is one of the causes. The rate is unprecedented. Human activity dumps 2.4 million pounds of CO₂ per second into the atmosphere.

Oh, i'm not denying that we're the cause of this. Their have been other moments in the earth's history where major climate change affected the course of life. Palaeocene-Eocene thermal maximum, or The Last Large Ice Age.

The only bright side that I can find is that even in the worse case scenario life will survive. It's just going to screw up the good thing we've got going now.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
03-07-2015, 12:55 AM
FacepalmFacepalmFacepalm

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
04-07-2015, 02:01 AM

'Nuff said. Big Grin

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 5 users Like The Polyglot Atheist's post
05-07-2015, 09:05 AM
Awesome. I've had to point out to family and friends before that the reason you always see Bill Nye, and not the other 97+% of scientists who agree with him on the subject, is that he's essentially a professional science spokesperson...

and the other scientists have jobs doing science.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson