Yellow snot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2013, 02:12 PM
RE: Yellow snot
(30-01-2013 01:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 01:54 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Well, I had sinus surgery a few years back. My sinuses used to not drain at all... now at least they do. It's been bloody every once in awhile over the past couple of weeks.

I know I have a sinus infection... but yeah... can't really take off work to go see the doc. Anything over the counter I can take?

No, it's an infection. You need medical attention. Don't be an idiot. Dodgy
We've already used up our doctor's visits for the year that is covered by insurance. It will have to come out of pocket... can't really afford any medical bills at this time. We're already paying off thousands in medical bills...

That's why I'm wondering if there is anything else I can do.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2013, 02:15 PM
(30-01-2013 02:12 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  We've already used up our doctor's visits for the year that is covered by insurance.
What the actual fuck? There is a limit on the number of times you can visit a doctor for free in the USA? Blink

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
30-01-2013, 02:18 PM
(30-01-2013 02:12 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 01:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, it's an infection. You need medical attention. Don't be an idiot. Dodgy
We've already used up our doctor's visits for the year that is covered by insurance. It will have to come out of pocket... can't really afford any medical bills at this time. We're already paying off thousands in medical bills...

WTAF? It's January fucking 30th! How can that be?

Regardless, you risk long-term damage and health problems; you are a father and need to act responsibly.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-01-2013, 02:20 PM
Try this over the counter solution (literally):

Clean you right out

It might not get rid of the infection quickly, but it may reduce the snot content leaving less real estate for those little buggers to expand and call home.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
30-01-2013, 02:25 PM
(30-01-2013 02:12 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 01:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, it's an infection. You need medical attention. Don't be an idiot. Dodgy

Hmm... let's see...

Over the counter packet of pills that might slightly relieve symptoms or at least make them tolerable for 48 hours - $9.95
Exposing infant and toddler to possibly infectious infection causing them suffering and a unaffordable doctor visits - $70.00 each
- their medications will be a ten day run of antibiotics - $30.00 each
Extended hospital stay when the infection moves to your heart or brain or both - $14,000.95

But don't worry - your funeral is probably already covered by your life insurance policy. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
30-01-2013, 03:12 PM
(30-01-2013 02:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 02:12 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  We've already used up our doctor's visits for the year that is covered by insurance. It will have to come out of pocket... can't really afford any medical bills at this time. We're already paying off thousands in medical bills...

WTAF? It's January fucking 30th! How can that be?

Regardless, you risk long-term damage and health problems; you are a father and need to act responsibly.
Because we only get two a year.

30-01-2013, 03:13 PM
(30-01-2013 02:25 PM)kim Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 02:12 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  We've already used up our doctor's visits for the year that is covered by insurance. It will have to come out of pocket... can't really afford any medical bills at this time. We're already paying off thousands in medical bills...

Hmm... let's see...

Over the counter packet of pills that might slightly relieve symptoms or at least make them tolerable for 48 hours - $9.95
Exposing infant and toddler to possibly infectious infection causing them suffering and a unaffordable doctor visits - $70.00 each
- their medications will be a ten day run of antibiotics - $30.00 each
Extended hospital stay when the infection moves to your heart or brain or both - $14,000.95

But don't worry - your funeral is probably already covered by your life insurance policy. Thumbsup
lol it is Smile

30-01-2013, 03:14 PM
(30-01-2013 02:15 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 02:12 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  We've already used up our doctor's visits for the year that is covered by insurance.
What the actual fuck? There is a limit on the number of times you can visit a doctor for free in the USA? Blink
We have free clinics, but the wait time is ~6 hours to see a doctor. I don't have time to do that.

30-01-2013, 03:16 PM
(30-01-2013 03:12 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 02:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  WTAF? It's January fucking 30th! How can that be?

Because we only get two a year.

That's some seriously crappy health insurance. I hesitate to even call it insurance.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-01-2013, 03:18 PM
Its reading threads like this that make me realise how lucky I am in the uk.

*Hugs NHS*

"Fuck you capitalists....your not having it" No

All you will probably need is some antibiotics KC.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.