Yellow snot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2013, 03:25 PM
RE: Yellow snot
Er, yuk!
But seriously, where your health is concerned it seems silly to quibble over costs, though I don't really blame you.
I was recently sent for an unrequested blood test, not recommended since 2010, and charged $30 non refundable, above the usual medibank rebate.

"Science without religion is lame.
Religion without science is blind"_ Einstein.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2013, 03:27 PM
(30-01-2013 03:14 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  We have free clinics, but the wait time is ~6 hours to see a doctor. I don't have time to do that.
That's a relief. But, what do you mean "you don't have time to do that"? Your physical well-being (and, in extent, that of your family) should have top priority.
30-01-2013, 03:36 PM
(30-01-2013 03:27 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 03:14 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  We have free clinics, but the wait time is ~6 hours to see a doctor. I don't have time to do that.
That's a relief. But, what do you mean "you don't have time to do that"? Your physical well-being (and, in extent, that of your family) should have top priority.
I'm the only one that works in the household. If I don't work, I don't get paid.

I do have sick days, but they are limited... I only use them if I absolutely cannot go to work. Likewise, if I take a sick day, I can't get overtime.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
30-01-2013, 03:37 PM
(30-01-2013 03:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 03:12 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Because we only get two a year.

That's some seriously crappy health insurance. I hesitate to even call it insurance.
Nah, it's good. We just skimped on the doctor visits because when we got the insurance we never really got sick. Increasing the doctor visits ups the monthly premium by over $100.

30-01-2013, 03:45 PM
(30-01-2013 03:37 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 03:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  That's some seriously crappy health insurance. I hesitate to even call it insurance.
Nah, it's good. We just skimped on the doctor visits because when we got the insurance we never really got sick. Increasing the doctor visits ups the monthly premium by over $100.
OK, so you're ahead by over $1200. Now you can afford a visit to the freakin' doctor.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Insurance that only lets you go twice a year... what the actual fuck... is that combined or per person? Even per person that's a huge rip off. You see, this is why we need state-sponsored health care.

Hope it gets better, man.
30-01-2013, 03:56 PM
(30-01-2013 03:36 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I'm the only one that works in the household. If I don't work, I don't get paid.

I do have sick days, but they are limited... I only use them if I absolutely cannot go to work. Likewise, if I take a sick day, I can't get overtime.
Well, that does really suck. 'Hope you'll find some way to deal with it. Undecided
30-01-2013, 03:59 PM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2013 04:19 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(30-01-2013 01:14 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Yellow snot means you're sick, right... green means you're really sick... am I correct?

And, it's not just a tinge... it's pretty yellow.

If so, I've been like this for a month or so, and I can't get rid of it. Ugh... whatever I have makes me feel like complete crap.

Yellow means you have a sinus infection. Go to Urgent Care, (or one of the on-line RX places...costs about $30.00) and get an antibiotic. (a Z-Pac, (Azithromycin)). You'll be better in 2-3 days. Maybe 1. If you don't and it gets in your blood you go to the hospital, and get septic, you risk your life. Infection is nothing to mess with.

https://www.virtuwell.com/?s_kwcid=TC|15...Mgodc2gAfw
CVS Pharmacy has on-line diagnosis. Check the major pharmacies in your area, one of them (if they are legal in LA) will have a nurse practitioner online to do a prescription, after she/he reviews your symptoms.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating Yogi, CAAT-LY.
Living daily with the high tragedy of being #2 on Laramie Hirsch's ignore list.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
01-02-2013, 08:43 AM
It's starting to clear up a little.

Still have a lot of snot, though. Still yellow. Blood is gone. At least for now.

01-02-2013, 09:13 AM
(01-02-2013 08:43 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  It's starting to clear up a little.

Still have a lot of snot, though. Still yellow. Blood is gone. At least for now.

It's a miracle. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post