Yellowstone

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2013, 04:45 AM
RE: Yellowstone
(17-12-2013 05:55 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  So, this is basically the end of the US civilization when it erupts.

Hawaii and Alaska would survive.

Really I would be more worried about a massive CME then Yellowstone. A massive CME is much more likely to occur in your lifetime and the deleterious effects of a CME can be prevented with some pre-planning.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Heywood Jahblome's post
18-12-2013, 06:55 AM
I suppose we can all plan to celebrate the destruction of the evil empire at the hand of mighty Alllah...?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
18-12-2013, 07:45 AM
(17-12-2013 02:27 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Will the park be gone? I'm assuming Old Faithful will cease to exist as well.

I know it's supposed to be one of the top 3 volcano eruptions in history. I mean, is it just going to wipe Yellowstone off the map?

Park ? Heh heh. It's going to wipe the Western US off the map, if not the entire North American continent ... and the ash cloud may cause a volcanic winter.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
18-12-2013, 09:34 AM (This post was last modified: 18-12-2013 09:54 AM by Adrianime.)
If a worldwide warning that Yellowstone was going to erupt in 2014 occured (and this was determined to be true), would other nations help the US? If the US gets destroyed, our money is no good. If our money is no good, what do we have to offer?

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
18-12-2013, 09:38 AM
I mean... there has to SOMETHING that can be done. This will completely devastate the entire planet and the world's economy. This will be like an apocalypse... no kidding.

Can we pump ocean water in there or something to cool it down?

That's probably a completely retarded idea, but I can't believe nothing is being done about this.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
18-12-2013, 09:47 AM
It wouldn't be THAT bad guys, we survived an ice age before, we're more than ready to survive a volcanic winter. The economy part is BS, if such an apocalyptic thing happened the whole world would work to accommodate to the new circumstances, Even the Internet would survive if we wanted to...

Don't be so US-centric Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
18-12-2013, 09:53 AM
We survived an ice age before?

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
18-12-2013, 10:05 AM
(18-12-2013 09:53 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  We survived an ice age before?

yeah, the last glacial period ended 10k years ago, give or take a couple of months, they didn't have calendars back then Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
18-12-2013, 10:46 AM
(18-12-2013 09:38 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I mean... there has to SOMETHING that can be done. This will completely devastate the entire planet and the world's economy. This will be like an apocalypse... no kidding.

That's probably a completely retarded idea, but I can't believe nothing is being done about this.

Boo Boo and Yogi, no doubt have *something* in their pickanick basket, which will stave off disaster.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
18-12-2013, 10:52 AM
(18-12-2013 09:38 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I mean... there has to SOMETHING that can be done. This will completely devastate the entire planet and the world's economy. This will be like an apocalypse... no kidding.

Yeah the ocean water thing is kinda lame Big Grin

There really isn't anything that we can do.

We don't know when it could happen either. Could be soon or could be 500 years from now...or longer.

Our weather has been affected before...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_Without_a_Summer

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post