Yellowstone

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2013, 11:54 AM
RE: Yellowstone
I dont want to be alarmist here. Did anyone just hear that Yellowstone is experiencing unusual and worrying seismic activity today? See those reports that it will likely erupt within the week? Thats right, you didn't.. Cause everything is fine. Carry on.Evil_monster
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-12-2013, 11:57 AM
This is why I like ostriches.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

23-12-2013, 12:11 PM
(23-12-2013 11:57 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  This is why I like ostriches.

They're full of pressurized magma? Consider

Sorry I dont know much about ostriches, ive basically got my head in the sand when it comes to them.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
23-12-2013, 12:19 PM
(23-12-2013 11:57 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  This is why I like ostriches.

I like cheese, but cheese won't save my sorry ass. Big Grin

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
23-12-2013, 12:31 PM
(23-12-2013 11:54 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I dont want to be alarmist here. Did anyone just hear that Yellowstone is experiencing unusual and worrying seismic activity today? See those reports that it will likely erupt within the week? Thats right, you didn't.. Cause everything is fine. Carry on.Evil_monster

That's because Kingsy has been praying about the caldera exploding and wouldn't you know... his god gets everything wrong, as usual. Drinking Beverage retard god

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
23-12-2013, 12:41 PM
(17-12-2013 05:08 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Ummm... not good.

That's actually pretty disconcerting. Can we do anything about it?

No. If it goes, you're screwed.

Not unless Jesus can find a phonebooth, change into Superman and drop a giant ice cube on it.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
23-12-2013, 01:00 PM
Just to be clear: we actually want our planet's core to be solid, followed by a liquid middle layer, and then another rigid layer just under the upper mantle and then the crust. We want the liquid core to stay molten for as long as possible.
[Image: Layers-of-Earth.jpeg]
As the Earth continues to age and cool, more and more of the core becomes solid, and when it does, the Earth shrinks a little bit. That's why we have earthquakes.

When our core finally does cool off completely, we will lose our atmosphere, like our planetary neighbor, Mercury. No worries there: our sun will have already enveloped us by that time and we'll already be dead.

Merry Christmas! Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
23-12-2013, 01:24 PM
(23-12-2013 01:00 PM)kim Wrote:  When our core finally does cool off completely, we will lose our atmosphere, like our planetary neighbor, Mercury. No worries there: our sun will have already enveloped us by that time and we'll already be dead.

And likely Mars.

We will lose our atmosphere because we will have no magnetic field to deflect the solar wind, which will then shred our atmosphere and carry it all away. Weeping

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
23-12-2013, 01:32 PM
(23-12-2013 01:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-12-2013 01:00 PM)kim Wrote:  When our core finally does cool off completely, we will lose our atmosphere, like our planetary neighbor, Mercury. No worries there: our sun will have already enveloped us by that time and we'll already be dead.

And likely Mars.

We will lose our atmosphere because we will have no magnetic field to deflect the solar wind, which will then shred our atmosphere and carry it all away. Weeping

Good times.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
23-12-2013, 01:42 PM
(23-12-2013 01:32 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(23-12-2013 01:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  And likely Mars.

Good times.

Yeah, like someone said, "it's not fluffy bunnies and sparkly unicorns".

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user