Yes, I'm an angry atheist.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2014, 04:24 PM
Yes, I'm an angry atheist.
For some reason a lot of people associate anger with atheism, like we are always angry at something, well you know what..I am angry when JW's knock on my door at 8AM asking if heard of Jesus and trying to convince me my house was built by God (not sure what they were smoking) but yeah, that does piss me off. I don't go to their house asking them if they heard of the flying spaghetti monster and telling them their house was built by hard working people.

Has JW's ever pissed you off?

Okay, I feel better..just needed to rant a little.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2014, 04:27 PM
RE: Yes, I'm an angry atheist.
(18-12-2014 04:24 PM)nerwin Wrote:  For some reason a lot of people associate anger with atheism, like we are always angry at something, well you know what..I am angry when JW's knock on my door at 8AM asking if heard of Jesus and trying to convince me my house was built by God (not sure what they were smoking) but yeah, that does piss me off. I don't go to their house asking them if they heard of the flying spaghetti monster and telling them their house was built by hard working people.

Has JW's ever pissed you off?

Okay, I feel better..just needed to rant a little.

Welcome to the forum?
Actually I have been known to have a chat with JWs.
Not too many really angry people here.
[+] 2 users Like Mr Woof's post
18-12-2014, 04:34 PM
I guess if being angry makes you happy Blink then go for it Thumbsup

as for me, I try not to hold onto anger very long, I got other stuff to do and since I only have one turn on this rock, I would rather spend laughing and smiling and being happy with friends and family rather than being angry.

I get pissed off, don't get wrong, anyone ringing my doorbell at 8 am will get me growling at them, JW or not. exception would be girl scout with cookies. They are welcome anytime. Wink

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
18-12-2014, 04:46 PM
Meh, we have a few angry folk .... but I think anger comes and goes for each individual in specific personal ways. For me personally, any anger is focused on how abusive religious slavery has influenced and become accepted as "normal" in everyday life. Consider Thinking about it, I'm not all that angry really.

I think I'm really most angry about the violence that seems to be accepted and even supported by religion. The most recent incident in the school in Pakistan was deplorable.

Also, religion has a way of making emotions fluctuate. That's why it's such an effective tool of manipulation.

So Angry Yea, that shit really pisses me right the fuck off!

Was there a question? Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
18-12-2014, 05:01 PM
I wouldn't say I'm an angry person in general, but man religion brings it out. I try and try to respect the religious, but there is just so much that I find wrong and I can't help help but open my mouth. Its a work in progress, I'm trying to learn more about this subject and have a better understanding.
18-12-2014, 05:03 PM
(18-12-2014 05:01 PM)nerwin Wrote:  I wouldn't say I'm an angry person in general, but man religion brings it out. I try and try to respect the religious, but there is just so much that I find wrong and I can't help help but open my mouth. Its a work in progress, I'm trying to learn more about this subject and have a better understanding.

What subject is that atheism, or the various forms of religion?
18-12-2014, 05:27 PM (This post was last modified: 18-12-2014 05:50 PM by GirlyMan.)
I haven't been angry in decades. Not only is it counterproductive, it is self-destructive. It's not about Bruce Banner's "Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me angry." It's all about "You can't make me angry. I don't like me angry."

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-12-2014, 05:43 PM
(18-12-2014 05:03 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(18-12-2014 05:01 PM)nerwin Wrote:  I wouldn't say I'm an angry person in general, but man religion brings it out. I try and try to respect the religious, but there is just so much that I find wrong and I can't help help but open my mouth. Its a work in progress, I'm trying to learn more about this subject and have a better understanding.

What subject is that atheism, or the various forms of religion?

I don't know, I don't understand this stuff. Maybe I shouldn't call myself an atheist. I never gave a crap about religion..never was interested in it. When anyone asked me if I was religious..I've always responded with simple answer No. Then they'd ask why and I'd say its not for me and that was it...now I respond saying atheist and all they want to do is talk and talk but I don't care what they have to say, I just basically roll my eyes.

There is just no point in arguing with religious people, there is just so many to the point they'll take over the world. So I might as well stop wasting my time on this subject and just go about my life the way I've always had. There is nothing we can do about it. America isn't a secular country..religious BS is everywhere..in state, courthouses, money, schools,..the whole damn country is corrupt. We don't even follow our constitution and if you did, phew..you get hate for it.

I have no idea what to do, its driving me crazy..just can't stop thinking about it. I guess I'm just going to need to accept the fact that its part of our culture and just the way its going to always be.
[+] 1 user Likes nerwin's post
18-12-2014, 06:39 PM (This post was last modified: 18-12-2014 06:42 PM by beeglez.)
18-12-2014, 06:44 PM (This post was last modified: 18-12-2014 07:27 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
Weird, I just posted a reply, and it only posted my screen name. Let's try again

(18-12-2014 04:24 PM)nerwin Wrote:  Has JW's ever pissed you off?

Ha ha! No. I generally either refuse to answer the door, or open the main door allowing my 3 dogs who bark like crazy at the door bell to come to the door with me (they are not remotely aggressive, but are LOUD and probably intimidating to some people). I stand there with the screen door closed and say "What? Sorry. I can't hear you over the dogs". They usually turn around and leave. I did have a sweet looking older lady and a hot 20 something man offer me a Bible and a tract on the way to a meeting at a conference. I would have avoided eye contact and just walked by, but the guy was very easy on the eyes, and I'd made eye contact before I realized they were proselytizing. I just said 'no thank you'. If I'd had time, I would have stopped and said "Actually, I'm an atheist" to see what would happen. It might have led to a nice conversation.

I would not say I'm angry, but I am finding in increasingly annoying when people thank God for things like getting them through a surgery, or saving them during a car crash. Amidst all the "God was watching out for you" and "God is good" comments, I will add a "Sounds like the doctors and nurses did a great job" or "Wow! Modern automobile safety features are remarkable"