Yes, I'm an angry atheist.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2014, 06:45 PM
RE: Yes, I'm an angry atheist.
What the hell? My comments are not posting. It's just showing up with my screen name but no text. I tried twice to reply to this thread.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2014, 06:50 PM
(18-12-2014 06:45 PM)beeglez Wrote:  What the hell? My comments are not posting. It's just showing up with my screen name but no text. I tried twice to reply to this thread.

are you angry? you sound like you might be an angry atheist. Wink

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 4 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
18-12-2014, 07:02 PM
(18-12-2014 06:45 PM)beeglez Wrote:  What the hell? My comments are not posting. It's just showing up with my screen name but no text. I tried twice to reply to this thread.

You probably just missed the hazing memo.

Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
18-12-2014, 07:53 PM
(18-12-2014 05:43 PM)nerwin Wrote:  
(18-12-2014 05:03 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  What subject is that atheism, or the various forms of religion?

I don't know, I don't understand this stuff. Maybe I shouldn't call myself an atheist. I never gave a crap about religion..never was interested in it. When anyone asked me if I was religious..I've always responded with simple answer No. Then they'd ask why and I'd say its not for me and that was it...now I respond saying atheist and all they want to do is talk and talk but I don't care what they have to say, I just basically roll my eyes.

There is just no point in arguing with religious people, there is just so many to the point they'll take over the world. So I might as well stop wasting my time on this subject and just go about my life the way I've always had. There is nothing we can do about it. America isn't a secular country..religious BS is everywhere..in state, courthouses, money, schools,..the whole damn country is corrupt. We don't even follow our constitution and if you did, phew..you get hate for it.

I have no idea what to do, its driving me crazy..just can't stop thinking about it. I guess I'm just going to need to accept the fact that its part of our culture and just the way its going to always be.
Agnostic re organized religions is another position you might adopt.
18-12-2014, 08:00 PM
(18-12-2014 04:27 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(18-12-2014 04:24 PM)nerwin Wrote:  For some reason a lot of people associate anger with atheism, like we are always angry at something, well you know what..I am angry when JW's knock on my door at 8AM asking if heard of Jesus and trying to convince me my house was built by God (not sure what they were smoking) but yeah, that does piss me off. I don't go to their house asking them if they heard of the flying spaghetti monster and telling them their house was built by hard working people.

Has JW's ever pissed you off?

Okay, I feel better..just needed to rant a little.

Welcome to the forum?
Actually I have been known to have a chat with JWs.
Not too many really angry people here.

Woof, are you like me and just waaaaaaay too nice. Sit and talk about Jebus for a while, then send them on their merry way, open and read the pamphlets for a chuckle...then burn them with the rest of the trash ?

The second mouse gets the cheese.
18-12-2014, 08:09 PM (This post was last modified: 18-12-2014 08:16 PM by nerwin.)
(18-12-2014 06:44 PM)beeglez Wrote:  Weird, I just posted a reply, and it only posted my screen name. Let's try again

(18-12-2014 04:24 PM)nerwin Wrote:  Has JW's ever pissed you off?

Ha ha! No. I generally either refuse to answer the door, or open the main door allowing my 3 dogs who bark like crazy at the door bell to come to the door with me (they are not remotely aggressive, but are LOUD and probably intimidating to some people). I stand there with the screen door closed and say "What? Sorry. I can't hear you over the dogs". They usually turn around and leave. I did have a sweet looking older lady and a hot 20 something man offer me a Bible and a tract on the way to a meeting at a conference. I would have avoided eye contact and just walked by, but the guy was very easy on the eyes, and I'd made eye contact before I realized they were proselytizing. I just said 'no thank you'. If I'd had time, I would have stopped and said "Actually, I'm an atheist" to see what would happen. It might have led to a nice conversation.

I would not say I'm angry, but I am finding in increasingly annoying when people thank God for things like getting them through a surgery, or saving them during a car crash. Amidst all the "God was watching out for you" and "God is good" comments, I will add a "Sounds like the doctors and nurses did a great job" or "Wow! Modern automobile safety features are remarkable"

Oh I can't stand that either. Thank God my headache is gone after taking Advil. Hahaha.
[+] 1 user Likes nerwin's post
18-12-2014, 08:14 PM
(18-12-2014 08:00 PM)The Drake Wrote:  
(18-12-2014 04:27 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Welcome to the forum?
Actually I have been known to have a chat with JWs.
Not too many really angry people here.

Woof, are you like me and just waaaaaaay too nice. Sit and talk about Jebus for a while, then send them on their merry way, open and read the pamphlets for a chuckle...then burn them with the rest of the trash ?

Like to study various religious views as an interest.Haven't been overly impressed too often.Rolleyes
18-12-2014, 08:42 PM
(18-12-2014 08:14 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(18-12-2014 08:00 PM)The Drake Wrote:  Woof, are you like me and just waaaaaaay too nice. Sit and talk about Jebus for a while, then send them on their merry way, open and read the pamphlets for a chuckle...then burn them with the rest of the trash ?

Like to study various religious views as an interest.Haven't been overly impressed too often.Rolleyes

I have to admit I've let a few "holy rollers" in. They're so much fun.

The second mouse gets the cheese.
[+] 1 user Likes The Drake's post
18-12-2014, 10:49 PM
I get pissed when they come to the door and a little old grandmotherly type is standing there with her grandchild who's........ ooh....... about four years old, and they stand there all innocent and big eyed and tell me I'm going to hell if I don't believe in their dumb story.

Yes, I've even slammed the door in the grandma and grandkids face. I don't care. It's my house and my door, god dammit!Beat_stick

Hate that.

Girl_nails

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
19-12-2014, 07:31 AM
I miss my dog, he was a mix of golden retriever, husky and german shepherd and boy was he fast, strong and smart! I trained him well to show his canines when the JWs got close..but he would never bite unless you threatened his life or my families. He died 5 years ago from a tumor.

JWs show up at least once a week around here or so it seems and Vermont is like the least religious state. I'm tempted to make a sign that says no preaching and sticking on my door during the day..but they would probably still knock. One of my friends suggested I should wear a black robe and ask them if they are here for the sacrifice. HAHA.