Yes, I'm an angry atheist.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-12-2014, 07:53 AM
RE: Yes, I'm an angry atheist.
(18-12-2014 04:24 PM)nerwin Wrote:  For some reason a lot of people associate anger with atheism, like we are always angry at something, well you know what..I am angry when JW's knock on my door at 8AM asking if heard of Jesus and trying to convince me my house was built by God (not sure what they were smoking) but yeah, that does piss me off. I don't go to their house asking them if they heard of the flying spaghetti monster and telling them their house was built by hard working people.

Has JW's ever pissed you off?

Okay, I feel better..just needed to rant a little.

JWs are not the only ones who piss me off. Muslims who threaten violence over getting offended piss me off. Liberals who think being PC is the way to keep the peace piss me off. Jews who think any criticism of Israel is bigotry piss me off.

Un can kiss my ass. JWs can kiss my ass. Muslims can kiss my ass, Jews can kiss my ass. Anyone on any subject making a claim, thinking those ideas should be treated with kid gloves, can kiss my ass.

Human rights are a given. The right to make any claim you want is a given. But ideas by themselves do not deserve taboos. I cant stand humans in that far too often we are more concerned with being offended than we should be about violence done when we get offended.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-12-2014, 08:01 AM
(19-12-2014 07:53 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  JWs are not the only ones who piss me off. Muslims who threaten violence over getting offended piss me off. Liberals who think being PC is the way to keep the peace piss me off. Jews who think any criticism of Israel is bigotry piss me off.

Un can kiss my ass. JWs can kiss my ass. Muslims can kiss my ass, Jews can kiss my ass. Anyone on any subject making a claim, thinking those ideas should be treated with kid gloves, can kiss my ass.

Human rights are a given. The right to make any claim you want is a given. But ideas by themselves do not deserve taboos. I cant stand humans in that far too often we are more concerned with being offended than we should be about violence done when we get offended.

I agree. Catholic church pisses me off too. Seems like all their priests are child rapists.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
Find all posts by this user
19-12-2014, 11:47 AM
(18-12-2014 04:24 PM)nerwin Wrote:  For some reason a lot of people associate anger with atheism, like we are always angry at something, well you know what..I am angry when JW's knock on my door at 8AM asking if heard of Jesus and trying to convince me my house was built by God (not sure what they were smoking) but yeah, that does piss me off. I don't go to their house asking them if they heard of the flying spaghetti monster and telling them their house was built by hard working people.

Has JW's ever pissed you off?

Okay, I feel better..just needed to rant a little.

Yeah they show up sometimes, and talk about god or whatever. I tolerate it for about 60 seconds, and then ask them just 3 questions:

1. Is God all powerful?
2. Is everything possible with God?
3. Can God create a rock that God cannot lift?

Once the 3rd question is asked, and they stand there stupefied, I thank them and close the door.

Drinking Beverage

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
19-12-2014, 02:16 PM
maybe its just an urban legend, but I have heard if you tell them that you are an ex-JW they will cross your address off their list ?

its that shunning thing, I think.

I guess it just depends how much they bother you/ignore signs, etc

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
19-12-2014, 02:28 PM
Converted a JW a couple years ago.

They stopped showing up. Consider

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
19-12-2014, 03:59 PM
(19-12-2014 02:28 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Converted a JW a couple years ago.

They stopped showing up. Consider

Wow. They gave up believing? Gasp What did you say to persuade them of this amazing change, Stark????

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
19-12-2014, 05:33 PM
Not "them". Just one guy.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
20-12-2014, 12:25 PM
(19-12-2014 05:33 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Not "them". Just one guy.

Lemme guess. You offered him some brownies. Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-12-2014, 09:49 AM
(18-12-2014 05:01 PM)nerwin Wrote:  I wouldn't say I'm an angry person in general, but man religion brings it out. I try and try to respect the religious, but there is just so much that I find wrong and I can't help help but open my mouth. Its a work in progress, I'm trying to learn more about this subject and have a better understanding.

Better understanding sounds like a good plan.

To that end, you might consider, theists don't have exclusive license on violence and evil. As example, in the 20th century far more people were killed by atheists than theists. Everybody has dirt on their hands.

Most everything that is important is the human condition, not the theist or atheist condition. The differences between the theist and atheist camps is mostly surface level stuff that is often exaggerated by passionate partisan people on both sides who need differences to fuel their fantasy superiority stances.
[+] 1 user Likes Baba Bozo's post
21-12-2014, 10:24 AM
(21-12-2014 09:49 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  
(18-12-2014 05:01 PM)nerwin Wrote:  I wouldn't say I'm an angry person in general, but man religion brings it out. I try and try to respect the religious, but there is just so much that I find wrong and I can't help help but open my mouth. Its a work in progress, I'm trying to learn more about this subject and have a better understanding.

Better understanding sounds like a good plan.

To that end, you might consider, theists don't have exclusive license on violence and evil. As example, in the 20th century far more people were killed by atheists than theists. Everybody has dirt on their hands.

Most everything that is important is the human condition, not the theist or atheist condition. The differences between the theist and atheist camps is mostly surface level stuff that is often exaggerated by passionate partisan people on both sides who need differences to fuel their fantasy superiority stances.

The difference goes much deeper than you seem to think - it is an essential difference in worldview and attachment to reality.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user