Yes. I'm spiteful. And it feels awesome.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2014, 10:33 AM
RE: Yes. I'm spiteful. And it feels awesome.
Gettin ornery in your old age I see..... atta boy ! Thumbsup Welcome to the club Wink

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like War Horse's post
30-05-2014, 10:35 AM
(30-05-2014 09:30 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Our babysitter has been getting really pissy about money here lately. And her annoying mom is getting involved as well. QC washed her hands of it and let me handle it.

So, the original agreement was $160 for 2 kids for 3 days a week. This week she watched 1 kid for a full day and both kids for 3 hours. She called QC asking for $120.

That's when I stepped in. I texted her mom and said she's getting $50 because of the original agreement. She got mad and said it should be more.

After a few minutes, I returned her text and told her she was right. I did the math, and rounding up, it should be $51. So, I'm giving her $51.

I called Capital One to see if they can fulfill my request for 25 $2 bills and a $1 Sacagawea coin. Getting these at lunch.

Pennies is always the best fuck you form of payment.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
30-05-2014, 10:37 AM
(30-05-2014 10:35 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 09:30 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Our babysitter has been getting really pissy about money here lately. And her annoying mom is getting involved as well. QC washed her hands of it and let me handle it.

So, the original agreement was $160 for 2 kids for 3 days a week. This week she watched 1 kid for a full day and both kids for 3 hours. She called QC asking for $120.

That's when I stepped in. I texted her mom and said she's getting $50 because of the original agreement. She got mad and said it should be more.

After a few minutes, I returned her text and told her she was right. I did the math, and rounding up, it should be $51. So, I'm giving her $51.

I called Capital One to see if they can fulfill my request for 25 $2 bills and a $1 Sacagawea coin. Getting these at lunch.

Pennies is always the best fuck you form of payment.

I am NOT going to carry around/give 5100 pennies. That's more of a pain for me. But you are right.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
30-05-2014, 10:40 AM
(30-05-2014 10:37 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 10:35 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Pennies is always the best fuck you form of payment.

I am NOT going to carry around/give 5100 pennies. That's more of a pain for me. But you are right.

The last dollar could be pennies... Consider how bout a roll of pennies and a Kennedy?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
30-05-2014, 10:41 AM
(30-05-2014 10:37 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 10:35 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Pennies is always the best fuck you form of payment.

Why don't you put those 5,100 pennies in a potato sack and give that to her? Big Grin

Alternatively, if you want to be really mean, you could pour out the sack on the floor and leave her to pick up its content.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
30-05-2014, 10:45 AM
(30-05-2014 10:40 AM)kim Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 10:37 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I am NOT going to carry around/give 5100 pennies. That's more of a pain for me. But you are right.

The last dollar could be pennies... Consider how bout a roll of pennies and a Kennedy?

I would have to check with the bank to make sure they can accommodate my request. I already called earlier and they have the $2 bills and the coin ready for me.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
30-05-2014, 11:11 AM

Get it in foreign currency from an exchange hehe

I like your math better, I pay $1200 a month for pre-after school care for my 2 youngest, which basically means they take them to school, and pick them up from school and hold them for about an hour until the ex picks them up....great scam to be honest.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
30-05-2014, 11:34 AM
And you are going to feel good about this? Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
30-05-2014, 11:47 AM
(30-05-2014 11:34 AM)Chas Wrote:  And you are going to feel good about this? Dodgy

Not only 'good' , but as the thread title suggests 'awesome'.

IDK, its been to long since I last beat up a baby sitter. Laugh out load

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
30-05-2014, 11:55 AM
I used to do daycare in my home (when my youngest was still a toddler). Ground rules are an absolute must. The next sitter you hire you MUST stipulate whether they get paid - regardless - or not.
I charged by the week - period. That was to reserve my time and efforts. If the parents chose to not bring their kids OR to take a day off, etc - I still got paid.
Mostly for it was income I counted on.
So......
Stipulate whether it's paid-by-the-hour (in case you don't need them three full days a week sometimes) OR....... a set rate no matter what.

You might offer a set rate (less than you pay now) and add that not every week will you require 3 full days. It pretty much works out well that way. Sitters are happy to sometimes find themselves with a little free time YET still a paycheck.
Unless your situation is just too random to guarantee $ each week.
Then by-the-hour you can get some cut-rate help. People like Steady money - even if it's not a LOT of money. Steady is still more reliable and they can plan their life. Part time work and hourly money can make life too unstable. Bear that in mind.

Creating a good, trusting, financially secure situation with someone who's also EPIC at watching you kids is paramount. Never scrimp. Never cut corners. Always always spoil your sitters. They only LOVE your kids more when you do.
(it's a pretty human response)

Never let ONE moment of upset or question go unchallenged. The slightest hiccup you see - nail it right away and keep the air clear and HAPPY at all times.

What you must generate for your children AT ALL TIMES.........is a healthy environment - whatever the price for that is. Period.

(I also suggest you find someone with no criminal background over the age of 30)
just sayin

ThumbsupHeartThumbsupHeartThumbsup

GOOD LUCK finding the absolute BEST SITTER ever known to mankind.
You deserve nothing less.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post