Yes. I'm spiteful. And it feels awesome.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2014, 02:22 AM
RE: Yes. I'm spiteful. And it feels awesome.
(30-05-2014 08:42 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  [Image: 1338398662350.jpg]
Stealing this.

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2014, 04:50 AM
Too tired to care.

I dunno KC. Maybe you can get drunk and shoot the babysitter.

Just use your concealed gun. You know, the one in your car.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
31-05-2014, 08:48 AM
(31-05-2014 02:10 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 02:48 PM)Chas Wrote:  Except Ferdy, who knows I'm still a teenager.

Oh, dementia can make you believe the funniest of things.

Look it up - she said it.Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
31-05-2014, 09:28 AM
(30-05-2014 08:42 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 08:28 PM)Logisch Wrote:  The bank?

[Image: 1338398662350.jpg]

[Image: U-Mad-Bro.jpg]

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
01-06-2014, 07:14 AM
So I'm on a tablet and not reading carefully, but I'm not quite seeing how you get to $50. Are you paying by child×hours? Isn't it more usual to pay by the hour? Ie although the original agreement may have said 3 children it costs her the same amount of time to look after one, so the number of children in care shouldn't affect the rate of pay. Right?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
01-06-2014, 07:30 AM
What we really need here is an update as to how the transaction with the babysitter and mother went ?

Were faces made, words exchanged, knives and chains used, heads exploded ? Huh

Spill it man.

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
01-06-2014, 10:00 AM
I have to say that I feel kind of bad for the sitter. She's a kid and got stuck between adults who were having a disagreement.

Next time, have a firm agreement on what is paid and when. Daycare often makes you pay if you use it or not because they are holding your space.

Come up with an hourly wage for one and an hourly wage for two and make sure everyone knows the agreement.

This poor girl learned a hard lesson...maybe a little too hard. Seems that this situation would have been a good time to go over the rules, not such a good time to essentially get into it with her mother and make the girl take all the anger and emotion of the situation.

My 2 cents as a mom and a former babysitter.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
01-06-2014, 10:36 AM
(30-05-2014 09:12 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 07:44 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  It's irrelevant how many kids she looks after because it's not her fault if only one of them is there. If she worked a full day she should be payed $53.30 (rounded down). And so already she should be paid more than you're about to give her.
Plus she worked those 3 hours ontop of that.

If you work in the work force, you get paid the same hourly wage if you have a slow day or a fast day.

She's not a day-care. She's a babysitter. There is a massive difference.

It looks like I should have read carefully. Yep I'm with earmuffs here. You pay a baby sitter by the hour, not by the child. You're in the wrong here KC. Don't be too hard on the girl.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
01-06-2014, 06:03 PM
I'm still in possession of the money. I went out my way Friday to get her cash and tried several times to arrange a time to meet one of them to give them the money.

The mom sheeped away from meeting me and just told me to give it to a mutual friend and she would get it from her. I haven't seen that mutual friend to give the money to... so obviously it wasn't that critical that she get the money on Friday... which further adds to my disdain.

Also, yes, the number of kids that she watches does affect the rate of pay because it was a part of the original agreement. The standard for the RoP was agreed and based on $160 for 3 days for 2 kids. Any deviation from that would worked out from that standard. Sheesh. Some of y'all are making this waaaaaay too complicated.

My math:

$160 for 2 kids for 3 days.
$80 a kid for 3 days.
Rounding up, that's $27 a day per kid.
A day consists of 9-5 (8 hours)
Rounding up, that's $4 an hour per kid.
She watched my daughter a full day ($27)
She watched both kids for 3 hours (4*3*2=$24)
$27+$24=$51

I might add she spent $0 in gas or food on my kids. We brought and picked them up and provided food. She literally got paid to sit at her house and have my kids watch TV.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
01-06-2014, 06:11 PM
I am not necessarily arguing your calculations.

I am thinking that the method of payment is not going to be a positive lesson for the girl. A better lesson could be conveyed...IMHO.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF