Yes. I'm spiteful. And it feels awesome.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2014, 06:33 AM
RE: Yes. I'm spiteful. And it feels awesome.
(30-05-2014 09:34 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Slave-driving capitalist!

Angel

Child labor, too! This is straight out of a Dickens novel!

(30-05-2014 09:45 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  $2 bills! That just tickles me to no end. Big Grin

I find $2 bills as somewhat of a novelty. I know a guy who gets them from the bank all the time just so he can spend them all over the place. Every now and then, he runs into a clerk who thinks they're fake.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
02-06-2014, 07:11 AM
(01-06-2014 06:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am not necessarily arguing your calculations.

I am thinking that the method of payment is not going to be a positive lesson for the girl. A better lesson could be conveyed...IMHO.

Maybe. But she's not my responsibility.

Maybe she can learn how to NOT be an adult from her mother and/or solve her own problems instead of running to others.

Meh. Again. Whatever.

I definitely see what you're saying though, Angie... and you're probably right.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
02-06-2014, 07:16 AM
Update:

They decided to text Jess around 11PM asking for the money.

I threw the envelope in the bed of my truck and told QC to let them know it's in there. A lot of nerve... I swear.

After they picked it up, the mom sent a typo-laden text to QC. She was obviously unhappy about the dollar denominations she received.

Funny part is, she never texted me.

Apparently, my 5'8 145 LBS scrawny self is intimidating via text. I was telling QC I am like the least intimidating person in the world.

Done is done, though. She got her $51 in some of the coolest denominations there are. Cash is cash.

02-06-2014, 07:58 AM
(01-06-2014 06:03 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I'm still in possession of the money. I went out my way Friday to get her cash and tried several times to arrange a time to meet one of them to give them the money.

The mom sheeped away from meeting me and just told me to give it to a mutual friend and she would get it from her. I haven't seen that mutual friend to give the money to... so obviously it wasn't that critical that she get the money on Friday... which further adds to my disdain.

Also, yes, the number of kids that she watches does affect the rate of pay because it was a part of the original agreement. The standard for the RoP was agreed and based on $160 for 3 days for 2 kids. Any deviation from that would worked out from that standard. Sheesh. Some of y'all are making this waaaaaay too complicated.

My math:

$160 for 2 kids for 3 days.
$80 a kid for 3 days.
Rounding up, that's $27 a day per kid.
A day consists of 9-5 (8 hours)
Rounding up, that's $4 an hour per kid.
She watched my daughter a full day ($27)
She watched both kids for 3 hours (4*3*2=$24)
$27+$24=$51

I might add she spent $0 in gas or food on my kids. We brought and picked them up and provided food. She literally got paid to sit at her house and have my kids watch TV.

Ohhhh you dropped your kids off at her place, that changes things. That's weird, here the babysitter comes to you, that's the whole idea.. that they come and look after your kids..
I can see why it would be more of a daycare situation than.
Fuck that bitch! Stab her in her sleep!

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
02-06-2014, 09:01 AM
(02-06-2014 07:58 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 06:03 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I'm still in possession of the money. I went out my way Friday to get her cash and tried several times to arrange a time to meet one of them to give them the money.

The mom sheeped away from meeting me and just told me to give it to a mutual friend and she would get it from her. I haven't seen that mutual friend to give the money to... so obviously it wasn't that critical that she get the money on Friday... which further adds to my disdain.

Also, yes, the number of kids that she watches does affect the rate of pay because it was a part of the original agreement. The standard for the RoP was agreed and based on $160 for 3 days for 2 kids. Any deviation from that would worked out from that standard. Sheesh. Some of y'all are making this waaaaaay too complicated.

My math:

$160 for 2 kids for 3 days.
$80 a kid for 3 days.
Rounding up, that's $27 a day per kid.
A day consists of 9-5 (8 hours)
Rounding up, that's $4 an hour per kid.
She watched my daughter a full day ($27)
She watched both kids for 3 hours (4*3*2=$24)
$27+$24=$51

I might add she spent $0 in gas or food on my kids. We brought and picked them up and provided food. She literally got paid to sit at her house and have my kids watch TV.

Ohhhh you dropped your kids off at her place, that changes things. That's weird, here the babysitter comes to you, that's the whole idea.. that they come and look after your kids..

lol, well yeah... babysitters still come to houses here... just not her. She was basically a lobred of a babysitter/daycare.

We did most of the work. We just needed a person to watch them while we were at work. She was sufficient for the time being. She was good until she began to think she was super nanny or something and deserved premium rates.

02-06-2014, 11:28 AM
(02-06-2014 09:01 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(02-06-2014 07:58 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Ohhhh you dropped your kids off at her place, that changes things. That's weird, here the babysitter comes to you, that's the whole idea.. that they come and look after your kids..

lol, well yeah... babysitters still come to houses here... just not her. She was basically a lobred of a babysitter/daycare.

We did most of the work. We just needed a person to watch them while we were at work. She was sufficient for the time being. She was good until she began to think she was super nanny or something and deserved premium rates.

Just a thought, if she's doing it at her place and assuming she still lives with her parents, who's looking after your kids? Her or her mom?

[Image: oscar.png]
02-06-2014, 11:58 PM
(30-05-2014 09:30 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Our babysitter has been getting really pissy about money here lately. And her annoying mom is getting involved as well. QC washed her hands of it and let me handle it.

So, the original agreement was $160 for 2 kids for 3 days a week. This week she watched 1 kid for a full day and both kids for 3 hours. She called QC asking for $120.

That's when I stepped in. I texted her mom and said she's getting $50 because of the original agreement. She got mad and said it should be more.

After a few minutes, I returned her text and told her she was right. I did the math, and rounding up, it should be $51. So, I'm giving her $51.

I called Capital One to see if they can fulfill my request for 25 $2 bills and a $1 Sacagawea coin. Getting these at lunch.

Yes, you are quite tacky KC.

Tell the baby sitter to go away and I'll do the job. I'm looking for PT work, and I am most excellent with children Big Grin.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
03-06-2014, 08:32 AM
(30-05-2014 09:30 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Our babysitter has been getting really pissy about money here lately. And her annoying mom is getting involved as well. QC washed her hands of it and let me handle it.

So, the original agreement was $160 for 2 kids for 3 days a week. This week she watched 1 kid for a full day and both kids for 3 hours. She called QC asking for $120.

That's when I stepped in. I texted her mom and said she's getting $50 because of the original agreement. She got mad and said it should be more.

After a few minutes, I returned her text and told her she was right. I did the math, and rounding up, it should be $51. So, I'm giving her $51.

I called Capital One to see if they can fulfill my request for 25 $2 bills and a $1 Sacagawea coin. Getting these at lunch.

If you only pay for what you get, you'll only get what you pay for.

When it comes to your kids, you want a caretaker relationship in which you have flexibility. Which means that occasionally it works out in your favor, and occasionally it works out in her favor.

$51 for one kid is unreasonable for an entire day. Most day cares are at least 700 a month, which means more than a lousy 51 a day. Her time is still her time and she is required to be there no matter how many kids are actually there.

What if you got held up in traffic? What if something came up? You would expect her to be flexible. She has the right to expect the same from you.

Pony up. These are your kids.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
03-06-2014, 09:02 AM
(02-06-2014 07:16 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Update:

They decided to text Jess around 11PM asking for the money.

I threw the envelope in the bed of my truck and told QC to let them know it's in there. A lot of nerve... I swear.

After they picked it up, the mom sent a typo-laden text to QC. She was obviously unhappy about the dollar denominations she received.

Funny part is, she never texted me.

Apparently, my 5'8 145 LBS scrawny self is intimidating via text. I was telling QC I am like the least intimidating person in the world.

Done is done, though. She got her $51 in some of the coolest denominations there are. Cash is cash.

Meh... obviously the poor kid is totally controlled by her meddling Mother. If you see her (the girl) again Kingsy, try not to be too hard on her - it may not entirely be her attitude or even her fault. Shy

Her Mom took a good teaching opportunity about work ethic, attitude, fairness, and maybe even renegotiation... too bad she chose to turn it into a learn-to-be-an-asshole experience. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
03-06-2014, 10:20 AM
(03-06-2014 08:32 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  

If you only pay for what you get, you'll only get what you pay for.

When it comes to your kids, you want a caretaker relationship in which you have flexibility. Which means that occasionally it works out in your favor, and occasionally it works out in her favor.

$51 for one kid is unreasonable for an entire day. Most day cares are at least 700 a month, which means more than a lousy 51 a day. Her time is still her time and she is required to be there no matter how many kids are actually there.

What if you got held up in traffic? What if something came up? You would expect her to be flexible. She has the right to expect the same from you.

Pony up. These are your kids.

$700/mo. = $35/day. (based on 20 work days per month) Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post