Yes I pick on all religions.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2014, 07:57 AM
Yes I pick on all religions.
Ok, when I get "angry" at theists, it is not the "kill kill kill" type of anger or hate people think. It is more like having a friend(your fellow human) make a stinky fart(unaware of how bad their logic is). I do not hate you because you believe, I hate the conclusions you came to because your use of logic is flawed.

When anyone first comes to an atheist website please think before you post. If you think you have a earth shattering argument not made by someone prior, you are wrong. If you think you are the only religion who makes that argument you are wrong. If you think science props up your religion you are wrong.

I have been at this for 13 years every single day, and have had the same arguments made by Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus and Buddhists.

Instead of getting pissed off at someone objecting to your claims, you need to consider that YOU are wrong. There is nothing wrong with admitting you got it wrong. It is how our species learns and grows. If our species never questioned social norms our species never would have left the caves.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Brian37's post
03-09-2014, 09:11 AM
RE: Yes I pick on all religions.
(03-09-2014 07:57 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  When anyone first comes to an atheist website please think before you post.
Dude, surely you jest. Tongue

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
03-09-2014, 09:48 AM
Don't hold your breath...

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
03-09-2014, 09:54 AM
(03-09-2014 09:48 AM)CiderThinker Wrote:  Don't hold your breath...

You have to hold your breath in the face of magic baby claims and 72 virgin claims and Veda mathmatic claims. It all stinks. It is merely our species refusing to give up on bad claims.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
03-09-2014, 10:41 AM
I don't even have the energy to entertain theists these days. I'm all for one on one conversation, but that's about it.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
03-09-2014, 10:47 AM
(03-09-2014 10:41 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  I don't even have the energy to entertain theists these days. I'm all for one on one conversation, but that's about it.

It really isn't like we have a choice. Religious people do mix their beliefs in politics and do so on a global scale. Right now that is such a distraction it is taking focus away from climate change, pollution and poverty. Thins our species needs to focus on.

03-09-2014, 10:48 AM
I was mostly referring to online forum conversation.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.