Yes a God, no afterlife

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2017, 11:48 AM
RE: Yes a God, no afterlife
(26-05-2017 08:59 AM)Richard Wrote:  This will be very brief at this time - I have been researching about the Universe and life on planet Earth for several years. Through my reading and studying I have come to believe there is a God who created the Universe and all the natural laws. I have also come to believe that there is no afterlife.

I welcome all who have similar "thoughts" as I do. Together in our discussions we can grow as individuals and as a community.

I have one major rule to all who wish to post - Posts of "I am right and you are wrong" will not be accepted. I look at this thread to be one of DISCUSSION.

More later.

Richard

Take your batshit ideas to your personal website, to me it sounds like you are currently trying to have the best of both worlds, appealing to the religious and non religious and trying to get the best of both worlds. Also, fuck you you do NOT get to dictate to us how we interact on this forum and that extends to individual threads. You don't get to choose and do not get to make rules you stupid dick. Angry
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
26-05-2017, 11:52 AM
(26-05-2017 11:48 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(26-05-2017 08:59 AM)Richard Wrote:  This will be very brief at this time - I have been researching about the Universe and life on planet Earth for several years. Through my reading and studying I have come to believe there is a God who created the Universe and all the natural laws. I have also come to believe that there is no afterlife.

I welcome all who have similar "thoughts" as I do. Together in our discussions we can grow as individuals and as a community.

I have one major rule to all who wish to post - Posts of "I am right and you are wrong" will not be accepted. I look at this thread to be one of DISCUSSION.

More later.

Richard

Take your batshit ideas to your personal website, to me it sounds like you are currently trying to have the best of both worlds, appealing to the religious and non religious and trying to get the best of both worlds. Also, fuck you you do NOT get to dictate to us how we interact on this forum and that extends to individual threads. You don't get to choose and do not get to make rules you stupid dick. Angry

Damn it, Adey, why do you always have to sugar coat everything?

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load
[+] 6 users Like Grasshopper's post
26-05-2017, 11:52 AM
(26-05-2017 11:38 AM)Richard Wrote:  Even more interesting has been that physicists have determined that the Universe is very VERY fine tuned. So fine tuned that the Universe to have come into existence solely by chance was extremely improbable. That probability has been calculated to be 10 to the minus 100 power and less.

Pretty sure the probability that life was able to develop under the current conditions is 1:1
[+] 6 users Like Grauwyler's post
26-05-2017, 12:01 PM
(26-05-2017 11:52 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(26-05-2017 11:48 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Take your batshit ideas to your personal website, to me it sounds like you are currently trying to have the best of both worlds, appealing to the religious and non religious and trying to get the best of both worlds. Also, fuck you you do NOT get to dictate to us how we interact on this forum and that extends to individual threads. You don't get to choose and do not get to make rules you stupid dick. Angry

Damn it, Adey, why do you always have to sugar coat everything?

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

Lol, yeah I know I'm bad but absolutely nothing winds me up more than arrogant noob cockmasters who try to dictate terms for threads they have started when all of us are essentially guests here. Even I in my madness would not be such a dick as to do that. I may be crazy but at least I know I am here on sufferance and was never so arrogant as to even consider it. If I can do it they should be able to also.
26-05-2017, 12:15 PM
[Image: shit-hits-the-fan.gif]

[Image: popcorn.gif]

Don't mind me. I am just here to watch the show.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
26-05-2017, 12:24 PM
You know Anj, the moment someone struts in here, blabbering about the "thinking" part of our name and how much he loveth thinking and what a great thinker he beeth and I'm already rolling my eyes. Haven't been wrong yet Drinking Beverage

(Why is it that I'm never wrong when I assume the worst and almost invariably wrong when I assume the best Confused )

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
26-05-2017, 12:34 PM
(26-05-2017 12:24 PM)Vera Wrote:  You know Anj, the moment someone struts in here, blabbering about the "thinking" part of our name and how much he loveth thinking and what a great thinker he beeth and I'm already rolling my eyes. Haven't been wrong yet Drinking Beverage

(Why is it that I'm never wrong when I assume the worst and almost invariably wrong when I assume the best Confused )

I am particularly interested in the new people who set rules. That never works out well.

Soon it will be cleanup time on aisle 'New Guy'.

[Image: mopping-smiley-emoticon.gif]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
26-05-2017, 12:40 PM
This smells of sock...can't recall who it was that came in and promised to dole out their bits of wisdom a little at a time...and never responded to those who tried to engage.

Girly would remember.

We have met this one before...

Haven't we Dick?

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
26-05-2017, 12:45 PM
Ok I've had time to calm down from my hot button, I was unreasonable, we were all new once, perhaps it was a genuine mistake, we all make mistakes. So, gulp, I'm sorry Richard hopefully we can start again, my apologies.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
26-05-2017, 01:17 PM
Yes a God, no afterlife
Laplace didn't needed this hypothesis (god). I too don't see use for it. What's matter more though is lack of evidence.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post