Yessss!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-06-2011, 04:03 PM
RE: Yessss!!!
Hatch at the end of July. The eggs are soft. Feel like thin leather. Also, when they are laid, they have to remain upright, unlike bird eggs that need to be turned often. If you roll these eggs, the embryo will drown. That's why you can see an egg on top of two others in the second pic. The eggs stick together very shortly after being laid, so in nature when the mom moves around the eggs will hold their position. The eggs in the second pic had already bonded together, so they have to stay that way.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-06-2011, 04:37 PM
So reptilian eggs are less complex then bird eggs... Yet another pointer towards evolution. Smile Seeing all this happening right under your own very eyes is so immensely cool!

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
16-06-2011, 04:41 PM
Wait til I post some pics of them pipping. It's even cooler. They stay in the egg for a few days while they absorb their yolk sac, so all you see is their cute little heads sticking out!

16-06-2011, 08:37 PM
I just found this thread, coolness! I love snakes. Can't wait to see them! Big Grin

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
16-06-2011, 09:47 PM
Just for you Trill, here's a few of the morphs I have. This was a couple years back, so several of these are now breeding size (just babies in the pic) and some others have been added to the colection. But it's a taste....
[Image: IMG_2179.jpg]

16-06-2011, 10:03 PM
They're beautiful!

My husband and I ran across a bright green snake on a walk a couple of weeks ago, just sunning itself on the walkway. I'd never seen one like that, it was so pretty, like the color of grass. Big Grin It didn't want its picture taken though.

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
17-06-2011, 01:04 AM
Wow, thats awesome. Now I want one!

I've considered getting a pet like that. I will look into it.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
17-06-2011, 01:19 AM
They really are pretty easy pets to have. It's like a cross between a dog and a fish. You have to do very little to take care of it (like a fish), but you still get to interact with it (like a dog). Some snakes (like ball pythons) are very easy to handle, and very gentle, while others are better left alone, and make fascinating "aquarium pets" that do alot more than just swim in circles. I think there's lots of people out there that would love keeping snakes/lizards if they had the opportunity to meet one of these pets. They are intimidating to many people, but once those people get some good info and some hands on, it's a completely different story.

17-06-2011, 01:45 AM
I have always been fascinated by snakes and how to take care of them. Not something I would have personally but I love the stories. Thank you for sharing.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-06-2011, 04:06 AM
(17-06-2011 01:19 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  They really are pretty easy pets to have. It's like a cross between a dog and a fish
*There!*
*Now go fetch!*
*Fetch!*
*Feeeetch!*

*bloub blub*

Smile

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.