Yessss!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-07-2011, 03:35 PM
RE: Yessss!!!
While we wait for the eggs to hatch...

Here 's a story and a contest about a two headed ball python hatched in a German zoo.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2011, 04:46 PM

Like the others I can hardly wait to see more pics.
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2011, 06:59 PM
(02-07-2011 04:46 PM)LittleOne Wrote:  Like the others I can hardly wait to see more pics.

I can't wait to take some!!
Eggs are all doing well, and when candled I can now see the babies moving around inside them. All have lots of strong healthy veins lining the shells, and they are still quite full. (At the end of incubation, bout a week or two before they hatch, the eggs drastically dimple. It's normal, but if it happens too early it can mean dehydration.)

So many cats, so few good recipes.
19-07-2011, 11:08 PM
I expect some movement of the outer shell by now... Is there?

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
19-07-2011, 11:54 PM
StarkRaving - you cannot fool us, they are white river rocks.
DeepThought if you want to look into it, you hold the mouth open and i will look into it.
20-07-2011, 02:59 AM
(19-07-2011 11:08 PM)The_observer Wrote:  I expect some movement of the outer shell by now... Is there?

Ball pythons don't tend to cause visible movement of the shell until they start to hatch. I can, however, see some of the babies patterns now when I candle the eggs if the babies are in the right position. Also some of the eggs have started to "dimple". That's when they kind of cave in a little at the top. It means they will hatch in a week or two. (July 30 is when I can start watching for them to hatch. If they haven't torn through by aug 5 or 6, I'll probably cut the eggs myself.)

Also, just yesterday the last girl finally laid her eggs!! 6 eggs, all look perfect!

31-07-2011, 07:50 AM
First egg pipped this morning! I don't like to disturb them while they are pipping, but I'll try to sneak a pic or two in the next couple days.

03-08-2011, 04:03 PM
I am a terrible photographer, but heres a couple pics of the new babies. I'll have my daughter take proper pics after they all have their first sheds.

[Image: 2011hatchlings009.jpg]

[Image: 2011hatchlings005.jpg]

[Image: 2011hatchlings007.jpg]

03-08-2011, 11:12 PM
They're big already...
nice patterns... I like the ones on top of the first picture with the black. Cool

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist