Yesterday I accepted a job at New York Life.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-07-2012, 07:39 AM
RE: Yesterday I accepted a job at New York Life.
Awesome man.

Been thinking about you and Semtembre here lately. Been wanting to get together, but between work, potty training Cohen, Chloe, and trying to spend time with Jess, there isn't much left to go around.

If you have off this weekend, let me know. Maybe we can all hang out.

By the way, now I know who to come to for life insurance Smile

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-07-2012, 07:43 AM
Congrats GT best of luck with the new job.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
30-07-2012, 05:49 PM (This post was last modified: 30-07-2012 08:57 PM by GirlyMan.)
(29-07-2012 02:19 PM)germanyt Wrote:  So now I'm one of those sleezy insurance salesmen. Thumbsup

Nothing ignoble 'bout the insurance industry, Tim. My grandfather came here to DC from Cape Breton, Nova Scotia to work as an actuary for Sun Life. He then moved to the now nearly defunct Acacia Mutual and when he retired went to work for GAO and saved the taxpayers millions of dollars by pointing out the tax loopholes insurance companies were using to present themselves to the IRS as mutual companies when they really weren't. My uncle became an underwriter and started his own practice, his son followed in his footsteps. My brother followed in my Grandfather's footsteps and is now an actuary for MetLife in Tokyo. (Some say the actuarial exams are even tougher than the medical boards.) My brother used to work for AIG and refused to sign off on questionable bullshit after Sarbanes-Oxley. Everyone I know in the insurance industry is ethical as shit, and as my brother points out, regulation keeps them in line when they ain't.

'Course, I'm smarter than all of them because I opted early on for federal employment as a computer scientist.

Good luck, Tim! Let me know if you want me to hook you up with my underwriter Uncle. He's a fundie from South Carolina who knows I'm an atheist so my introduction may not mean much. But he's not a stupid man if he thinks you can turn a profit. Wink

Breathing - it's more art than science.