Yet ANOTHER thing that pisses me off

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2016, 06:29 PM
RE: Yet ANOTHER thing that pisses me off
(03-09-2016 05:19 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(03-09-2016 05:16 PM)Anjele Wrote:  My husband carries his pistol with him every day to and from work. He doesn't carry it any other time. He drives through a pretty shady section of a nearby town and he is going through there at 4am. It's not somewhere you would want to be at that time of day if your car where to break down or something. If that were to happen it's highly unlikely he would be the only one in the area with a firearm.

Glad I live in Australia.

No, Banjo. Australia lives in you. Smile

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
03-09-2016, 10:00 PM
(03-09-2016 04:36 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Is OB planning to go over to Brian's place and shoot him with his .32 pistol?

Why drive around with a pistol anyway? What do you expect to happen?

Not sure why OB has such a puny pop gun. .32 Auto is not a real killing round, except at really close range. Maybe he can educate us on that. I have one made in something like 1928. It's "pew" shooter. Pew, pew!

Banjo, there are places in the US where a gun is mandatory for self-protection. It's crazy, but the guns aren't really the problem. It's the institutionalized racism. Look what is going on in France. Few guns, but lots of killing and violence, due to the inability of the immigrants to get employment. If OZ didn't have their immigration rules screwed down tight like a drum, they'd have the same problem (sans firearms). Maybe I have that wrong. I'm ready to be educated on that.
04-09-2016, 03:10 AM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2016 03:13 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(03-09-2016 06:35 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Funny you should cherry pick vehicles. Sports cars are also superfluous gas hogging symbols of narcissism. Cant legally speed in them and they burn more gas just like big pick ups.

We cant stop all fossil burning vehicles overnight, but we need to get to different technology the sooner the better.

But, just like guns, most morons don't know the difference between what they need and what they want. Unless you have a job that requires a big vehicle, you merely want something big to show off. Unless you are in a NASCAR race, or you are the police, you don't need a fast vehicle. Just like if you cant hit a bad guy with shotgun or 8 clip handgun, it is highly likely you merely like having a penis symbol.

Check out the Gas Guzzler Tax...

Congress established Gas Guzzler Tax provisions in the Energy Tax Act of 1978 to discourage the production and purchase of fuel-inefficient vehicles. The Gas Guzzler Tax is assessed on new cars that do not meet required fuel economy levels. These taxes apply only to passenger cars. Trucks, minivans, and sport utility vehicles (SUV) are not covered because these vehicle types were not widely available in 1978 and were rarely used for non-commercial purposes. The IRS is responsible for administering the gas guzzler program and collecting the taxes from car manufacturers or importers. The amount of tax is posted on the window stickers of new cars - the lower the fuel economy, the higher the tax.

https://www3.epa.gov/fueleconomy/guzzler/

What are the vehicles in the top 10 list of gas guzzlers? Almost exclusively high priced and exotic sportscars. Bugatti Veyron, various Lamborghinis and Ferraris, the occasional Maybach and Mercedes. Want to know what also made the list in 2015? The homegrown Chevy Camaro ZL1, with a embarrassing performance of 14 miles per gallon in combined city and highway driving.

If anything is being cherry picked, it's the law itself.

But what do I know? I have a M Class license and ride motorcycles, and they sip gasoline fumes...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
04-09-2016, 03:54 AM
I have a Toyota Shopping Trolley Aygo, a whole 998cc in three cylinders that runs on the fumes as I drive past the petrol station!

But, to get on to another peeve that I have just tackled . . .

Bloody bubble packed anything! This case was just the relatively minor peeve with the one where tearing the backing off the bubble still leaves most of it in place! Now thevp scissors need to be employed, withbthevrisk of damaging the conrents or slipping and damaging oneself.

But, worse, are the totally heat welded, full cover, made of military grade plastic packs that care almost impossible to even cut open without risk to life or limb. Even the cut edge of the plastic is bloody sharp! I know of old people who either do not buy such products or have to get others to open them.

He'll, I'm an "old people" myself!

This, and over-packing, gets right up my nose.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
04-09-2016, 04:24 AM
(02-09-2016 08:15 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I don't know how widespread this is -- but here in Michigan there's a special class of license plate --- "Log / Farm" ----

The theory is -- it's for loggers and farmers -- who use the vehicle for agricultural and logging uses - mostly offroad.

It's considerably cheaper than a regular truck plate.

What pisses me off -- is the cuntsuckers who go out and spend $50,000 on a brand new dually crew cab pickup truck with all the goodies on it --- and then the vehicle is used for taking the kids to school - or making trips to the grocery store, or Wal-Mart. You look at these fuckers -- and the bed hasn't got a scratch in it -- more likely it's freshly washed and waxed.

Hey asshole -- if you can spend $50,000 on a motherfucking 3 ton monument to your tiny malfunctioning penis --- you can pay the motherfucking tax on it that everybody else does..........

My solution --- Don't allow any vehicle that has a log/farm plate to carry full coverage insurance......

Fuck these cretins....

If they get on a public road, they should be registered and have to carry full insurance. If they stay on private property, they shouldn't need to be registered, much less insured -- but if caught on a public road, a heavy fine seems fair.

The value of the vehicle is irrelevant to that basic principle.

Compensation issues don't seem very, uh, big to me. If you need a big truck to feel an;y, nothing I can say will be much use.
04-09-2016, 04:32 AM
(04-09-2016 04:24 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(02-09-2016 08:15 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I don't know how widespread this is -- but here in Michigan there's a special class of license plate --- "Log / Farm" ----

The theory is -- it's for loggers and farmers -- who use the vehicle for agricultural and logging uses - mostly offroad.

It's considerably cheaper than a regular truck plate.

What pisses me off -- is the cuntsuckers who go out and spend $50,000 on a brand new dually crew cab pickup truck with all the goodies on it --- and then the vehicle is used for taking the kids to school - or making trips to the grocery store, or Wal-Mart. You look at these fuckers -- and the bed hasn't got a scratch in it -- more likely it's freshly washed and waxed.

Hey asshole -- if you can spend $50,000 on a motherfucking 3 ton monument to your tiny malfunctioning penis --- you can pay the motherfucking tax on it that everybody else does..........

My solution --- Don't allow any vehicle that has a log/farm plate to carry full coverage insurance......

Fuck these cretins....

If they get on a public road, they should be registered and have to carry full insurance. If they stay on private property, they shouldn't need to be registered, much less insured -- but if caught on a public road, a heavy fine seems fair.

Compensation issues don't seem very, uh, big to me. If you need a big truck to feel an;y, nothing I can say will be much use.

IIRC in the UK there is a law that allows the police to crush unregistered and uninsured cars. Originally meant for unsafe wrecks driven by idiots, don't know how often it is invoked. Very often I hope.

In the UK every vehicle over 3 yo has to have an annual safety check. Anything similar in the US.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
04-09-2016, 04:40 AM
(03-09-2016 10:00 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(03-09-2016 04:36 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Is OB planning to go over to Brian's place and shoot him with his .32 pistol?

Why drive around with a pistol anyway? What do you expect to happen?

Not sure why OB has such a puny pop gun. .32 Auto is not a real killing round, except at really close range. Maybe he can educate us on that. I have one made in something like 1928. It's "pew" shooter. Pew, pew!

Banjo, there are places in the US where a gun is mandatory for self-protection. It's crazy, but the guns aren't really the problem. It's the institutionalized racism. Look what is going on in France. Few guns, but lots of killing and violence, due to the inability of the immigrants to get employment. If OZ didn't have their immigration rules screwed down tight like a drum, they'd have the same problem (sans firearms). Maybe I have that wrong. I'm ready to be educated on that.

Indeed.

Thanks mate. America is becoming Brasil.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
04-09-2016, 04:45 AM
(04-09-2016 04:32 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(04-09-2016 04:24 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  If they get on a public road, they should be registered and have to carry full insurance. If they stay on private property, they shouldn't need to be registered, much less insured -- but if caught on a public road, a heavy fine seems fair.

IIRC in the UK there is a law that allows the police to crush unregistered and uninsured cars. Originally meant for unsafe wrecks driven by idiots, don't know how often it is invoked. Very often I hope.

In the UK every vehicle over 3 yo has to have an annual safety check. Anything similar in the US.

In Massachusetts, every vehicle must pass an annual safety inspection - even a brand new one.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-09-2016, 05:37 AM
(03-09-2016 06:55 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(03-09-2016 06:35 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Funny you should cherry pick vehicles. Sports cars are also superfluous gas hogging symbols of narcissism. Cant legally speed in them and they burn more gas just like big pick ups.

We cant stop all fossil burning vehicles overnight, but we need to get to different technology the sooner the better.

But, just like guns, most morons don't know the difference between what they need and what they want. Unless you have a job that requires a big vehicle, you merely want something big to show off. Unless you are in a NASCAR race, or you are the police, you don't need a fast vehicle. Just like if you cant hit a bad guy with shotgun or 8 clip handgun, it is highly likely you merely like having a penis symbol.

Who's cherry picking - you cunt????

For your information -- I drive a 2300 lbs car that gets 41 mpg on the highway and I carry a 6 shot 32 caliber pistol....

And my dick works just fine.

(You're slipping -- you didn't blame the NRA this time)..

41mpg, awesome, so? Get back to me when the world's cars aren't burning anything. Yea, keep your guns, keep thinking big bad gov gonna bust down your door and take them all away.

Your dick may work, but your brain doesn't. Oh yea, I do blame the NRA. Not going to back off that.

The NRA is pulling the same bullshit profit protecting lobby crap big oil did dragging it's feet keeping lead in gas. It's pulling the same lobby crap car companies did when Nader said their products were unsafe. Same corporate protectionism bullshit big tobacco used with "smokers rights".

Keep living in your paranoid delusional bubble.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-09-2016, 06:25 AM
(04-09-2016 05:37 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(03-09-2016 06:55 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Who's cherry picking - you cunt????

For your information -- I drive a 2300 lbs car that gets 41 mpg on the highway and I carry a 6 shot 32 caliber pistol....

And my dick works just fine.

(You're slipping -- you didn't blame the NRA this time)..

41mpg, awesome, so? Get back to me when the world's cars aren't burning anything. Yea, keep your guns, keep thinking big bad gov gonna bust down your door and take them all away.

Your dick may work, but your brain doesn't. Oh yea, I do blame the NRA. Not going to back off that.

The NRA is pulling the same bullshit profit protecting lobby crap big oil did dragging it's feet keeping lead in gas. It's pulling the same lobby crap car companies did when Nader said their products were unsafe. Same corporate protectionism bullshit big tobacco used with "smokers rights".

Keep living in your paranoid delusional bubble.

This thread is about people who dodge taxes.

Go troll somewhere else you shitstain.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.