Yet ANOTHER thing that pisses me off

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2016, 08:08 AM
RE: Yet ANOTHER thing that pisses me off
We have a similar situation in the UK not regarding licence plates but in the centre of London, rich bitches buy massive and expensive 4 by 4's to take kids to school these all terrain vehicles will never see a field or a scrub track. Stupid overprivilaged fucktards.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
05-09-2016, 09:35 AM
4WD is nice if you need it.

I have one.

Try hauling 100 gallons of maple sap down a muddy two track on a fucking bicycle - and you'll see why I have a 4x4 pickup truck.

It's currently sitting out back, waiting for syrup season.

I hate driving a vehicle that gets suck lousy gas mileage.

If I lived in a major city - I doubt I'd even bother owning a car.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
05-09-2016, 11:23 AM
(05-09-2016 09:35 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  4WD is nice if you need it.

I have one.

Try hauling 100 gallons of maple sap down a muddy two track on a fucking bicycle - and you'll see why I have a 4x4 pickup truck.

Exactly ! Where they are needed they are invaluable but in an urban environment as a definitive status symbol and given global warming etc just makes me livid.
05-09-2016, 11:28 AM
(05-09-2016 11:23 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(05-09-2016 09:35 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  4WD is nice if you need it.

I have one.

Exactly ! Where they are needed they are invaluable but in an urban environment as a definitive status symbol and given global warming etc just makes me livid.

The guys from Car Talk - Click and Clack - (AKA Tom and Ray Magliozzi) often advised people to not buy a large vehicle "because they need it for a couple trips a year" --- but to simply borrow, rent or steal one.... (I assume they were kidding about the last) - when they do need one.......

I would -- but not too many places will rent you a truck that you're going to run off-road through the woods....... And borrowing?? People get really pissed when you bring their vehicle back with new dings, scrapes and an inch of mud stuck to the undercarriage...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
05-09-2016, 11:41 AM
(05-09-2016 07:56 AM)ricepudding12 Wrote:  I find vanity plates kinda funny. However stickers are the worst. I really hate when people need to plaster their opinions all over their car with gaudy stickers. Makes it look like a mechanical bulletin board.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Yes First thing I do when I get a new (to me) vehicle is scrape/peel off any stickers. And I don't put any on (registration tags being the sole exception).
05-09-2016, 11:49 AM
(05-09-2016 11:41 AM)Fireball Wrote:  
(05-09-2016 07:56 AM)ricepudding12 Wrote:  I find vanity plates kinda funny. However stickers are the worst. I really hate when people need to plaster their opinions all over their car with gaudy stickers. Makes it look like a mechanical bulletin board.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Yes First thing I do when I get a new (to me) vehicle is scrape/peel off any stickers. And I don't put any on (registration tags being the sole exception).

The son of a friend of mine, got his first car -- and immediately put a bigassed stereo in it --- and plastered stickers all over the back window ---- including a big (2 foot) marijuana leaf right in the middle.....

You should have heard the dumb cunt -- "They can't pull me over for that -- I have RIGHTS!!!"....

He's since done a fair bit of jail, and a bit of prison time...

Big surprise...