Yet More Evidence Why Religion Is A Poison

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2014, 05:21 PM
Yet More Evidence Why Religion Is A Poison
I find this disturbing on so many levels. Every time I read stories like this I say to myself: "THIS is why I am an atheist!"

http://www.iflscience.com/physics/over-2...ded-school

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like WindyCityJazz's post
28-04-2014, 07:27 PM
RE: Yet More Evidence Why Religion Is A Poison
That is really sad for those girls. Tribalism+religion = bad stuff.
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post
28-04-2014, 07:29 PM
What's the point of telling this to other atheists? It's not like you still have to make up each other's minds.
28-04-2014, 07:32 PM
Why ignore it? Just because we do not believe in a god does not mean we do not feel for our fellow humans. Kidnapping and entire school of girls under religious justification is horrible.

BTW are you south of I-10?
[+] 4 users Like wazzel's post
29-04-2014, 06:23 AM
(28-04-2014 07:29 PM)An_Theist Wrote:  What's the point of telling this to other atheists? It's not like you still have to make up each other's minds.

What's the point of posting on this site of atheists? It's not like you're capable of changing our minds with the content your posts.
[+] 4 users Like RobbyPants's post
29-04-2014, 09:07 AM
(28-04-2014 07:29 PM)An_Theist Wrote:  What's the point of telling this to other atheists? It's not like you still have to make up each other's minds.

What's the point of spreading the word about more than 200 children kidnapped from school, where the local authorities seem intent on hushing it up rather than finding the missing girls? Is that your question?

Should we be tolerant of such acts or critical of them? Should we be able to criticise them and to spread the word about them, or do your sensibilities not allow that to happen unchallenged because you feel somehow under attack when this occurs?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
29-04-2014, 09:17 AM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2014 09:29 AM by Alex_Leonardo.)

It's called "communication."
So, you're basically telling me, that if anything happens in a day, you don't tell what happened to at-least one person? You're also saying that you basically do not talk to anyone, wait! He's talking to us right now.
We can now label him as a:
A LIAR HYPOCRITE!

[Image: JLAW+HYPOCRITE+CONFORMIST+GIF.gif]

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 3 users Like Alex_Leonardo's post
29-04-2014, 09:28 AM

I'm sharing information about an event that is related to what we talk about on this forum. It's not about "convincing" anyone of anything. If you don't like articles that show the negative sides of religion, then I don't know why you are on an atheist forum. You seem to be the one that is here trying to convince people that they need to come to your side of the fence. A bit of a pot and kettle accusation you make there.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like WindyCityJazz's post
29-04-2014, 09:33 AM

And do tell what is discussed on a theist forum? Surely, not god since you are all believers right?

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
[+] 3 users Like devilsadvoc8's post
29-04-2014, 09:35 AM
Such a sad attempt to scare a community into depriving people in rejecting education, and widely accepted facts.

I hope things like this soon become a thing of the past, but I think i'm being too much of an idealist there. :/
[+] 1 user Likes Dyer51's post