Yet More Evidence Why Religion Is A Poison

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2014, 12:23 PM
RE: Yet More Evidence Why Religion Is A Poison
(28-04-2014 07:29 PM)An_Theist Wrote:  What's the point of telling this to other atheists? It's not like you still have to make up each other's minds.
Many reasons.

Some examples:
1. News - I, for example, didn't know about this particular story and now I do. It's helpful to know just how much this crap happens and where it happens if anything is ever to be done to improve on these atrocities.
2. Compassion
3. Perhaps motivating some people to get involved - the more people know about it, the more likely someone(s) will get involved.

Seriously, did we really need to point the reasons out to you? It figures - a theist with no critical thinking skills. Dodgy

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
29-04-2014, 04:41 PM
RE: Yet More Evidence Why Religion Is A Poison
(29-04-2014 12:23 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(28-04-2014 07:29 PM)An_Theist Wrote:  What's the point of telling this to other atheists? It's not like you still have to make up each other's minds.
Many reasons.

Some examples:
1. News - I, for example, didn't know about this particular story and now I do. It's helpful to know just how much this crap happens and where it happens if anything is ever to be done to improve on these atrocities.
2. Compassion
3. Perhaps motivating some people to get involved - the more people know about it, the more likely someone(s) will get involved.

Seriously, did we really need to point the reasons out to you? It figures - a theist with no critical thinking skills. Dodgy

Yeah, and it figures even more that a theist gets offended about something that shows the dangers of religion, as though that stuff is just supposed to get a blind eye turned to it.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WindyCityJazz's post