Yet another example of Republican Christofascism.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2017, 09:13 PM
Yet another example of Republican Christofascism.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/22/politics/s...index.html

Quote:4(CNN)A Mississippi Republican lawmaker has apologized after calling for the lynching of politicians who approve of the removal of Confederate monuments.

State Rep. Karl Oliver expressed his frustration over the weekend with a growing movement to get rid of monuments that critics say celebrate slavery.
"The destruction of these monuments, erected in the loving memory of our family and fellow Southern Americans, is both heinous and horrific," he posted on Facebook Saturday. "If the, and I use this term extremely loosely, 'leadership' of Louisiana wishes to, in a Nazi-ish fashion, burn books or destroy historical monuments of OUR HISTORY, they should be LYNCHED!"

Where are the calls for him to resign? This fucker needs to be out. Also, it's amusing how closely the Christofascist worldview resembles that of ISIS, or Saudi Arabia.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
29-06-2017, 09:30 PM
RE: Yet another example of Republican Christofascism.
Translation: When ISIS does it, it's the most horrible thing ever.

We do it, and it's just fine and dandy.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 8 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
29-06-2017, 10:44 PM
"I'm too tired to be bothered to try to intellectually defend or debate Confederate (read: in celebration of treason) monuments, so instead I'm just going to advocate for the most stereotypically racist form of mob violence, in effect proving the point of everyone who wants to take down said Confederate monuments."

Boy howdy, that sure sounds fucking stupid as hell when you spell it all out, now don't it?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
30-06-2017, 01:23 AM
So getting rid of monuments that celebrate slavery is Nazi-like? Wonder how that guy would name removing monuments dedicated to Red Army after 1989.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
30-06-2017, 09:35 PM
(30-06-2017 01:23 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  So getting rid of monuments that celebrate slavery is Nazi-like? Wonder how that guy would name removing monuments dedicated to Red Army after 1989.

Chances are he would have no idea what you are talking about. His view of the rest of the world is hindered by the gleam from his rebel statues.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. (G.B.Shaw)
01-07-2017, 12:53 AM
(30-06-2017 09:35 PM)Vivian Darkbloom Wrote:  
(30-06-2017 01:23 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  So getting rid of monuments that celebrate slavery is Nazi-like? Wonder how that guy would name removing monuments dedicated to Red Army after 1989.

Chances are he would have no idea what you are talking about. His view of the rest of the world is hindered by the gleam from his rebel statues.

You might be right on this one.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
01-07-2017, 11:09 AM

This is a yankee misconception. It's like saying that the "rebel" flag is a racist flag, or a symbol of racism. I find this particularly humorous when Yankee's see black southerners with a confederate flag https://www.youtube.com/embed/snGlGGvsB0s . or when they learn about Jim Limber Davis or about blacks who fought for the south.

I am in no way making a justification for slavery. I am however sick and tired of this narrative that all or even most southerners owned slaves. This is in itself a bigoted view, and a distortion of history.

The monuments are not about the glorification of slavery, rather it's about honoring those who died defending their homes. Again most of those who fought and died did not own slaves.
01-07-2017, 11:13 AM
(01-07-2017 11:09 AM)BlkFnx Wrote:  

This is a yankee misconception. It's like saying that the "rebel" flag is a racist flag, or a symbol of racism. I find this particularly humorous when Yankee's see black southerners with a confederate flag <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/snGlGGvsB0s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>. or when they learn about Jim Limber Davis or about blacks who fought for the south.

I am in no way making a justification for slavery. I am however sick and tired of this narrative that all or even most southerners owned slaves. This is in itself a bigoted view, and a distortion of history.

The monuments are not about the glorification of slavery, rather it's about honoring those who died defending their homes. Again most of those who fought and died did not own slaves.

Why exactly I should believe - or care about for that matter - your interpretation?

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
01-07-2017, 11:14 AM
No sense of irony with this guy, eh? I mean... He's calling for people who want to remove monuments dedicated to slavery... to be lynched? Rolleyes

Hey BlkFnx, why were the South so damn keen on slaves that they went to war over it, if slavery was such a non-issue? Do *please* correct my misconceptions of history Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
01-07-2017, 11:27 AM
My only question is - At what point did a flag, which stood for the fight for states rights to own slaves, inspired and flown by Southern Democrats fighting against a union headed by a Republican president, become a Republican icon? Huh
[+] 3 users Like TheBear's post