Yet another example of Republican Christofascism.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-07-2017, 01:19 PM
RE: Yet another example of Republican Christofascism.
(05-07-2017 01:09 PM)BlkFnx Wrote:  
(05-07-2017 12:36 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Sounds interesting, I was kinda being devils advocate I know Irving is not a reputable historian which was kind of my point but I think it went over a certain persons head lol. Wink

Okay so I just opened up my kindle app to double check this and I have to say the thing about it not being well sourced is BS. Sourcing starts on page 345 and runs to page 384. Considering the fact that this book is not intended to for scholars 40 pages of footnotes is quite a few.

No ones saying he's not a historian he may even be reputable to a degree, but he's one historian. Reputable or otherwise he on his own is insufficient to most of us who do not have the agenda you do.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2017, 01:26 PM
(05-07-2017 01:19 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(05-07-2017 01:09 PM)BlkFnx Wrote:  Okay so I just opened up my kindle app to double check this and I have to say the thing about it not being well sourced is BS. Sourcing starts on page 345 and runs to page 384. Considering the fact that this book is not intended to for scholars 40 pages of footnotes is quite a few.

No ones saying he's not a historian he may even be reputable to a degree, but he's one historian. Reputable or otherwise he on his own is insufficient to most of us who do not have the agenda you do.

Everyone has an agenda. To deny this is to either be ignorant or dishonest.
When someone first proposes a new way of looking at the world they are always outnumbered. This is one of the reasons I find the "well the majority of X has consensus Y and that's good enough for me" argument really gets my goat so to speak. At some point every widely accepted theory held today was a fringe theory. While I agree that it is a bad idea to accept a fringe theory because it is fringe (such as conspiracy theorists do), I also think that holding a to a theory just because there is a consensus is a bad idea. One of the reasons I actually hold a lot of respect for Thaddeus Russel is not just because he is willing to explore the taboo, but because he does not hold to a top down model of the world. That and he has a hell of a way of telling history.
05-07-2017, 01:29 PM
(05-07-2017 05:12 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(05-07-2017 05:07 AM)morondog Wrote:  Brother, if you disagree with historians then it's for you to provide justification. If I've misstated your position it's for you to correct that misstatement. How the fuck am I supposed to read your mind? Stop being a prat.

They obviously don't know The Truth.

It's always funny how easy is to spot the troll.

Thumbsup

Even if it's wrapped up in pseudo-intellectual babble.

It doesn't really take long for them to see their grave error and then they want to move the goal post somewhere else to deflect.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-07-2017, 01:36 PM
Your first comment I agree with 100% we do all ultimately have an agenda, mine is simply to point out that which to me makes little or no sense and as a pretty average person I cannot claim a victory in either argument or intelligence you could possibly be right and I'm wrong but I cannot see it using basic understanding. I quite like you you are tenacious and stand up for yourself without being abusive, I guess you could say I kinda like you even though we disagreeBlush I don't think either of us will convince the other but I offer my hand in friendship nonetheless.
05-07-2017, 01:39 PM
(05-07-2017 12:36 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Sounds interesting, I was kinda being devils advocate I know Irving is not a reputable historian which was kind of my point but I think it went over a certain persons head lol. Wink

Irving is a historian only so far that he writes book about history. He have no degree though if I'm not mistaken and appear to be clownish figure going by Evans Lying About Hitler.

It depends on how one define the word, but I would not call him historian.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
05-07-2017, 01:41 PM
(05-07-2017 01:39 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  

Irving is a historian only so far that he writes book about history. He have no degree though if I'm not mistaken and appear to be clownish figure going by Evans Lying About Hitler.

It depends on how one define the word, but I would not call him historian.

I agree.
05-07-2017, 01:49 PM
(05-07-2017 01:36 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Your first comment I agree with 100% we do all ultimately have an agenda, mine is simply to point out that which to me makes little or no sense and as a pretty average person I cannot claim a victory in either argument or intelligence you could possibly be right and I'm wrong but I cannot see it using basic understanding. I quite like you you are tenacious and stand up for yourself without being abusive, I guess you could say I kinda like you even though we disagreeBlush I don't think either of us will convince the other but I offer my hand in friendship nonetheless.
accepted. I don't care if we agree as long as we think. As i said elsewhere not every position i defend i believe. Personally i tend to think that the war between the states had way more complicated reasons behind it then a simple "it was fought because of slaver" or "it was fought because of taxes". I actually do however believe in the right of secession though.

Also politeness costs nothing and gains much.
05-07-2017, 02:01 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2017 02:08 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(05-07-2017 01:49 PM)BlkFnx Wrote:  As i said elsewhere not every position i defend i believe.

Then you are simply here to troll us and your time will be short.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-07-2017, 02:15 PM
(05-07-2017 02:01 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(05-07-2017 01:49 PM)BlkFnx Wrote:  As i said elsewhere not every position i defend i believe.

Then you are simply here to troll us and your time will be short.

Drinking Beverage
not every does not imply not most.
Trolling implies that i am here to get a rise out of others. With rare exception i have been polite for the most part even while others have resorted to name calling. I will readily admit there are times when i could have done better.
05-07-2017, 02:27 PM
(05-07-2017 02:15 PM)BlkFnx Wrote:  
(05-07-2017 02:01 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Then you are simply here to troll us and your time will be short.

Drinking Beverage
not every does not imply not most.
Trolling implies that i am here to get a rise out of others. With rare exception i have been polite for the most part even while others have resorted to name calling. I will readily admit there are times when i could have done better.

Again I'm calling bullshit. You are trying very hard to get a response. Drinking Beverage

I suggest strongly you rethink your purpose for being here.

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post