Yet another example of Republican Christofascism.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-07-2017, 10:52 AM
RE: Yet another example of Republican Christofascism.
(05-07-2017 10:46 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(05-07-2017 10:38 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I know morondog a little and I guarantee that as a straight up person if the historical narrative turned out to be incorrect he would definitely change his mind to comport with the truth, I find your comment on this to be extremely disingenuous, what in effect you seem to be saying is that morondog is wrong if he doesn't believe any yo blow yahoo with a theory that contradicts credible historians. If there was credible evidence morondog would definitely not be afraid to change his mind Imo.

When someone don't believe what consensus of people actually qualified to talk about subject has to say then there is not much hope for reasoning with such person. You're wasting your breath Adey. One historian could be wrong, tens of them too, but questioning scholarly consensus on flimsy excuse that many people believe in supernatural is just idiotic.
you have historians and so do i thaddeus russell a renegade history of the United States.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2017, 10:55 AM
(05-07-2017 10:38 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I know morondog a little and I guarantee that as a straight up person if the historical narrative turned out to be incorrect he would definitely change his mind to comport with the truth, I find your comment on this to be extremely disingenuous, what in effect you seem to be saying is that morondog is wrong if he doesn't believe any yo blow yahoo with a theory that contradicts credible historians. If there was credible evidence morondog would definitely not be afraid to change his mind Imo.
i believe Abraham Lincoln when he says why the north fought the war. If he doesn't want to believe him, well i just don't know what else to say to that.
05-07-2017, 11:02 AM
Please read my edited original post.
05-07-2017, 11:15 AM
(05-07-2017 06:26 AM)morondog Wrote:  What the fuck is there to be afraid of? Meaningless drivel?

Well, it *is* one of the biggest killers of brain cells (and faith in the potential of the human brain) so I'd say it's actually pretty scary. Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
05-07-2017, 11:35 AM
(05-07-2017 10:55 AM)BlkFnx Wrote:  
i believe Abraham Lincoln when he says why the north fought the war. If he doesn't want to believe him, well i just don't know what else to say to that.

You can't just quote a guy without context. For fuck's sake. Historians study this shit. They're the experts. If they change their consensus I'd be a fool not to change my belief. Same as any science. You are the twit pushing a counter narrative. Link me some papers supporting your view. 'Til then you're just another idiot on a forum trying to get converts.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
05-07-2017, 11:40 AM
Here's the edit of my op.

BTW, you believing you have credible evidence doesn't count as credible evidence unless its peer reviewed analyzed etc until then its a personal opinion or at best an amateur hypothesis. Also declarations of war are just that declarations of war not nuanced explanations of every minutiae of the reasons for a decision to go to war, there may have been many subtle and not so subtle reasons why the question of slavery as a reason to go to war was not mentioned as a main objective, for example racist bigots were not confined to the south, if you want to get the maximum people to volunteer to have their legs arms etc spectacularly blown off or ultimately amputated best to stick to the question of economics and the damage of secession. Don't forget it took Robert Gould Shaw of the 54th Mass help from his father who was close in government to get the regiment armed combat status and as a black regiment it was paid less than white regiments.
05-07-2017, 11:47 AM
(05-07-2017 10:55 AM)BlkFnx Wrote:  

There is such a thing as a chain of causes. If A (a dispute over slavery) causes B (the secession of the southern states) and B causes C (the Civil War), then A is also a cause of C. C would not have happened if A hadn't happened. You are either being obtuse or dishonest to pretend otherwise.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
05-07-2017, 11:50 AM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2017 12:10 PM by adey67.)
(05-07-2017 10:52 AM)BlkFnx Wrote:  
(05-07-2017 10:46 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  When someone don't believe what consensus of people actually qualified to talk about subject has to say then there is not much hope for reasoning with such person. You're wasting your breath Adey. One historian could be wrong, tens of them too, but questioning scholarly consensus on flimsy excuse that many people believe in supernatural is just idiotic.
you have historians and so do i thaddeus russell a renegade history of the United States.

Sounds like dear Thaddeus is a renegade himself perhaps also with an agenda also. David Irving is an historian does that mean the holocaust never happened? My grandfather who was a liberator of Bergen Belsen would disagree with this singular historian. The agony of his nightmares lived with him until his death.
05-07-2017, 11:51 AM
(05-07-2017 11:47 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(05-07-2017 10:55 AM)BlkFnx Wrote:  i believe Abraham Lincoln when he says why the north fought the war. If he doesn't want to believe him, well i just don't know what else to say to that.

There is such a thing as a chain of causes. If A (a dispute over slavery) causes B (the secession of the southern states) and B causes C (the Civil War), then A is also a cause of C. C would not have happened if A hadn't happened. You are either being obtuse or dishonest to pretend otherwise.
I am only being obtuse or dishonest if the south did not have a right to divorce the north.
05-07-2017, 11:55 AM
(05-07-2017 11:51 AM)BlkFnx Wrote:  
(05-07-2017 11:47 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  There is such a thing as a chain of causes. If A (a dispute over slavery) causes B (the secession of the southern states) and B causes C (the Civil War), then A is also a cause of C. C would not have happened if A hadn't happened. You are either being obtuse or dishonest to pretend otherwise.
I am only being obtuse or dishonest if the south did not have a right to divorce the north.
It didn't.