Yet another one...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2011, 11:44 AM
Yet another one...
Hey Everyone,
I decided it was time to get off the pot or join the fray, so here I am.

No big surprise that another conservative evangelical should find his escape from the loving hand of the Father into the world of Reason and sense. I was a Baptist minister for 13 years, son of a Baptist minister, and Born Again at the age of 6 (I had had a life time of horrible sin to require a blood sacrifice and I was so thankful for Jeebus because I couldn't forgive myself for the time I took that extra cookie out of the cookie jar).

Eight years ago I resigned from the ministry because God was telling me I needed to change. I am so thankful that the Lord lead me out of ministry and into Atheism. Like most, my de-conversion didn't happen over night. Through these past eight years, I have gone from disgruntled pastor to disgruntled church goer to disgruntled Christian to backslider to agnostic and finally to an apostate atheist. In fact, this is the first time I am announcing in "public" that I am now an atheist and free thinker. I am so thankful for rationalism and free thought of this site and similar websites. Finally, the documentary, THE GOD WHO WASN'T THERE brought me to the point where I consciously decided to commit the Unpardonable Sin. I blasphemed the Holy Spirit and told Jeebus he was no longer welcome in my heart. Easy to say since, as we all know, God does not exist. Smile

Because of folks like you I am no longer burdened with toxic superstition but can now breathe the fresh air of common sense!

The tough part has been leaving a life-long loving community. So I'm here. Hi!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Erxomai's post
13-11-2011, 01:10 PM

RE: Yet another one...
(13-11-2011 11:44 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  The tough part has been leaving a life-long loving community. So I'm here. Hi!

Welcome to the Forum!

Actually, we are pretty friendly too, especially to 'our kind' and, even to the 'other kind' if they don't lecture us but listen, respond with reason to reason and, most of all, don't try to save our souls (hopeless task!). Smile
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Zatamon's post
13-11-2011, 01:35 PM
We need just one more, to restore the balance of the universe yet again.
Welcome, sinner.

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
[+] 1 user Likes Peterkin's post
13-11-2011, 01:38 PM
Welcome to the forum! I hope you can find some of the community you lost, here! We are an eclectic bunch actually, a real mixed bag. Our only real commonalities are (almost all of us) our atheism and (all of us for sure) te fact that we are all flipping nuts.
That's right you aren't likely to find much sanity hanging around here.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
13-11-2011, 01:42 PM
(13-11-2011 11:44 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Hey Everyone,
Because of folks like you I am no longer burdened with toxic superstition but can now breathe the fresh air of common sense!
The tough part has been leaving a life-long loving community. So I'm here. Hi!

Hi Erxomai! Good to know you are here. It must have been tough breaking away, but the relief was probably worth it, I'm sure. Wink
We're all pretty open here and as Zatamon said, friendly to all. Yes, we do have the occasional savior or preacher wander in ... not to worry if things get crazy ... someone here will be your back up, provided your argument is credible. Dodgy

Heart You are welcome.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
13-11-2011, 01:52 PM
Welcome!
13-11-2011, 02:47 PM
Okay, you got welcomed.
Now, get off your duff and go say something intelligent about eco-cities.

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
[+] 1 user Likes Peterkin's post
13-11-2011, 03:41 PM
Hello, Erxomai. Glad you've arrived here. Smile

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
13-11-2011, 04:06 PM
(13-11-2011 11:44 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I blasphemed the Holy Spirit

Where where you in '07 when the Rational Responders tried that stunt and Christian apologists responded with volumes outlining how this is an impossibility? Tongue

That's enough outta Johnny Cantor, guy just walks in the door... thing about atheism, you define it being an atheist.

I used to argue against atheism saying that god was just one more thing to know - that was a naive argument. Knowing god is an individual completeness - but just a warning, most atheists say keep that god stuff to yourself.

I mostly keep it to myself... Big Grin

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
13-11-2011, 09:13 PM
Thanks, everyone, for the warm welcome. I guess people really do read these threads. I've been anxiously searching for a place where I can expound upon my views of eco-cities. I can't wait!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post