Yet another refugee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-02-2017, 08:33 PM
RE: Yet another refugee
(25-02-2017 04:15 PM)Rockblossom Wrote:  
(25-02-2017 03:22 PM)M. Linoge Wrote:  At least three fucking more. Maybe six. And that's not counting the lurkers - estimated to be at the very least 70 - who may or may not follow. Big Grin

Relax, this isn't a takeover. We'd _never_ do anything like that.

Another Lurker here who followed all of you over from Amazon. Unfortunately, a TARDIS malfunction/miscalculation landed me here in 2015, so I have been patiently waiting for all of you to precede me here.
Ada Sleepy

Welcome! Post more!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2017, 03:25 PM
(25-02-2017 03:22 PM)M. Linoge Wrote:  
(24-02-2017 06:27 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Jesus fucking Christ, how many of you are there?

At least three fucking more. Maybe six. And that's not counting the lurkers - estimated to be at the very least 70 - who may or may not follow. Big Grin

Relax, this isn't a takeover. We'd _never_ do anything like that.

You missed the meeting...
[+] 1 user Likes Mary L. Mand's post
02-03-2017, 03:28 PM
(25-02-2017 04:15 PM)Rockblossom Wrote:  Ada Sleepy

I used to program in your language. It was ahead of its time.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
02-03-2017, 04:33 PM
(02-03-2017 03:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I used to program in your language. It was ahead of its time.

I don't think I have ever met anyone who programmed Ada. Or no one who would admit to it! Big Grin (I refuse to admit ever coding COBOL, so I understand. ) I've done a bit of Pascal, and Ada seems like Pascal on steroids. I also managed some programming contracts when I was at the Pentagon - FORTRAN, various versions of C, and one oddball system that used APL, but no Ada. I did get asked whether my job overseeing programming contracts was because of my name. Facepalm

"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering." The (4th) Doctor
[+] 1 user Likes Rockblossom's post