Yet another snake close encounter...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-11-2013, 11:12 AM
RE: Yet another snake close encounter...
(17-11-2013 11:09 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(17-11-2013 11:03 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I just have this image in my head of you, Angele, staring down a diamond back rattler in your kitchen as a tumble weed blows past.....

Except that I would be standing on the dining table attempting to scale the wall up to the 24 foot peak of the ceiling. I'd be going all Spiderman.

So if one of you have to go...it will be you.....through the ceiling...nice Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-11-2013, 11:15 AM
(17-11-2013 11:12 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(17-11-2013 11:09 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Except that I would be standing on the dining table attempting to scale the wall up to the 24 foot peak of the ceiling. I'd be going all Spiderman.

So if one of you have to go...it will be you.....through the ceiling...nice Tongue

Till I can call in reinforcements at least. What am I gonna do? Stab it with a fork?

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
17-11-2013, 11:23 AM
(17-11-2013 11:15 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(17-11-2013 11:12 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  So if one of you have to go...it will be you.....through the ceiling...nice Tongue

Till I can call in reinforcements at least. What am I gonna do? Stab it with a fork?

Exactly this:

17-11-2013, 11:29 AM
(17-11-2013 11:23 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(17-11-2013 11:15 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Till I can call in reinforcements at least. What am I gonna do? Stab it with a fork?

Exactly this:

Yeah, no, not happening. No way, no how. No

17-11-2013, 05:01 PM
Call me a heartless bastard, but I kill all snakes I see if I can. I don't like the creepy bastards and don't want to be bitten, even by a non-venomous snake. The multitudes of cats help me. I also kill coons, coyotes, and opossums. They are all pests, and some are potentially dangerous. Main reason why I kill the coons is because they eat my crops, but they also get into my trash and make a big mess for me to clean, and they are also potentially dangerous for my kitties.

17-11-2013, 06:33 PM
(17-11-2013 11:23 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(17-11-2013 11:15 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Till I can call in reinforcements at least. What am I gonna do? Stab it with a fork?

Exactly this:

This kind of shit is why that fool died; playing with deadly animals, pissing them off for no real reason.

Also, I just want to add; Irwin is playing with the Inland Taipan, which he quite rightly points out, is one of the most venomous snakes on the planet, it even out does sea snakes drop-for-drop.

What he doesn't mention though is that it is not an aggressive snake, it is quite the opposite; rather than attack a human, it would if the opportunity arises, simply slither away instead of fighting, it's a very placid and solitary creature and the species has very few human causalities to it's name and most of them were researchers.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
17-11-2013, 06:40 PM
(17-11-2013 05:01 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Call me a heartless bastard, but I kill all snakes I see if I can. I don't like the creepy bastards and don't want to be bitten, even by a non-venomous snake. The multitudes of cats help me. I also kill coons, coyotes, and opossums. They are all pests, and some are potentially dangerous. Main reason why I kill the coons is because they eat my crops, but they also get into my trash and make a big mess for me to clean, and they are also potentially dangerous for my kitties.

Coyotes killed two of my cats a couple years ago...bastards. I worry about them coming close and passing disease to my dogs, raccoons too. That's why Blue (the new kitten) will be staying in the house. We have had an opossum in the back yard, he was just creepy. We had a snake in the pool one time (that I know of)...don't know where it came from.

Other than that, it's my job to be on spider patrol...husband and son scream like little girls if they see one.

17-11-2013, 07:04 PM
I like spiders, but the wife hates them. I refuse to kill spiders cause they keep the insect population in check and I've never been bitten by one. She doesn't have the same reservations about killing them.

17-11-2013, 07:36 PM
The reason for kings is also if there is a local den (I suspect there is due to how young the snake in the picture looks) is because they'll find it. ... I'll have to double check but I'm fairly certain copper heads return to the same dens annually. They'll be there until spring. If you get the kings fairly soon they'll have decimated the population by then. I'm kind of advocating it because you said you have kids. It's also really interesting and they'll see that not all snakes are the same regarding threat level, hunting methods and temperament. ... On a side note, I'd love to visit the USA on a snake holiday! You guys have some badass wildlife and some unique issues with snakes, ... if you like, I can go on a snake forum that I know a lot of Americans use, there are some people on there that are WAY more knowledgeable than I am about pit vipers and get some feedback about the situation? They may know a better solution than anything suggested so far?

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
17-11-2013, 07:51 PM
And you think Australia has a snake problem??? Dodgy
At least we don't get them in our bank yards (unless you live in a rural area).
You silly 'mericans Tongue
[+] 2 users Like aurora's post