Yet another snake close encounter...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-11-2013, 08:07 PM
RE: Yet another snake close encounter...
(17-11-2013 07:51 PM)aurora Wrote:  And you think Australia has a snake problem??? Dodgy
At least we don't get them in our bank yards (unless you live in a rural area).
You silly 'mericans Tongue

Same for both countries to my knowledge. It's a rural problem. Aussies have the common brown in farm areas too. That thing will dash at you! ... The Aussies spiders give me nightmares too lol

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-11-2013, 08:46 PM
Wow. Snakes must suck.

Meanwhile in my end of the world there is exactly one venomous species of snake, and actually it doesn't even live this far north.

Drowning is my preferred disposal method for unwanted animals, if I've caught them...

... this is my signature!
17-11-2013, 08:56 PM
(17-11-2013 08:46 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Drowning is my preferred disposal method for unwanted animals, if I've caught them...

Hmm...that is, like, serial killer creepy, love
17-11-2013, 08:58 PM
(17-11-2013 08:56 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(17-11-2013 08:46 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Drowning is my preferred disposal method for unwanted animals, if I've caught them...

Hmm...that is, like, serial killer creepy, love

What else are you supposed to do?

The best traps aren't lethal. Just traps. So - you could let them die of deprivation? Is that better? Or, let them go? 'Cause then they're just a problem again later...

S'just mice...

... this is my signature!
17-11-2013, 09:07 PM
I can't bring myself to hurt any animal even if it's threatening me. I either move them outside or cry until someone else does if I'm scared and I won't let them kill anything either. I still feel guilt about eating meat. I was vegetarian for years, but then my doc made stop because I wasn't getting enough iron/protein and I have a bad reaction to artificial supplements.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-11-2013, 09:38 PM
When to visit my Folks at the farm back pre-cellphone, there were what looked like Gopher holes every where on the lawn.

the old man apparently took 24 Shots from a 12 gauge shotgun to hit a brown snake. Mum was furious about the lawn damage.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
17-11-2013, 09:53 PM
Shouldn't a baby copperhead have a bright neon yellow tail?
17-11-2013, 10:58 PM
(17-11-2013 08:58 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(17-11-2013 08:56 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Hmm...that is, like, serial killer creepy, love

The best traps aren't lethal. Just traps. So - you could let them die of deprivation? Is that better? Or, let them go? 'Cause then they're just a problem again later...

S'just mice...

Can't speak for KC, but there is only four species of venomous snake in my part of the world...well technically five. The copperhead is the most common venomous snake that has the capability to kill a human if the bite isn't treated. We also have the Western Cottonmouth, the Timber Rattlesnake, and and thee Pygmy Rattlesnake. There is also a ringnake snake, and while it is technically venomous, it can't kill a human unless that person is uncommonly allergic. There are a total of 33 snake species. I ain't taking my time to try and get a close look and figure out what the damn thing is. If I see it, I kill it.

Like Australia, it is largely only a problem in rural areas. Where I live is a good example.

17-11-2013, 11:31 PM
(17-11-2013 08:58 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(17-11-2013 08:56 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Hmm...that is, like, serial killer creepy, love

S'just mice...

I had nightmares of you holding a squirming mouse underwater and laughing evilly muhahaha

Cant you just get those snap traps that kill them? I mean, I know, why should I have a preference of how you kill your mouse victims. I don't know why it bothers me. Maybe I am just naive because I have never had to decide whether or not to kill a tiny intruder.
17-11-2013, 11:35 PM
I wonder how snakes taste Consider

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell