Yet another

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2017, 09:11 PM (This post was last modified: 22-02-2017 09:16 PM by Thoreauvian.)
RE: Yet another
(22-02-2017 08:36 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  wow! love your art!

I've been playing with the styles and motifs of a number of famous artists. It's fun.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
22-02-2017, 11:10 PM
(22-02-2017 07:16 PM)Jay Vogelsong Wrote:  
(22-02-2017 02:20 AM)ukatheist Wrote:  Hi there, care to share some of your artwork?

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure this will work:

Is that you Picasso?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
24-02-2017, 07:13 AM
Hi Jay!!
[+] 1 user Likes Lao Tzu's post
24-02-2017, 12:48 PM
Over at the Amazon Atheist forum, Tadeuz Edward wrote: "the chronic regulars have fled, no longer able to bully the simple believers, to a place where they may still ply their trade, back slap and attaboy"

I replied to him:

Tadeuz Edward wrote: "the chronic regulars"

We were not a disease.

Tadeuz Edward wrote: "have fled"

We left in an organized fashion, and largely because we were tired of deletions, misconstruals, petty bickering, and name-calling.

Tadeuz Edward wrote: "no longer able to bully the simple believers"

We considered this our place to have discussions among ourselves primarily, but to explain ourselves to others if necessary. However, believers came here to harrass us, so we left for a place where we could enjoy the former without having to bother with the latter. They weren't really interested in what we had to say anyway.

Tadeuz Edward wrote: "to a place where they may still ply their trade"

You mean where we can exercise our right to free speech, don't you?

Tadeuz Edward wrote: "back slap and attaboy"

So you are admitting that you have no concept whatsoever that atheists can add to each others perspectives by sharing their experiences, readings, and thoughts?

If your post describes the way a relatively friendly theist saw us, no wonder we left....
[+] 5 users Like Thoreauvian's post
24-02-2017, 11:50 PM
(24-02-2017 12:48 PM)Jay Vogelsong Wrote:  Tadeuz Edward wrote: "to a place where they may still ply their trade"

What kind of wares you guys bring? I got a Cal Ripken rookie card.

(24-02-2017 12:48 PM)Jay Vogelsong Wrote:  Tadeuz Edward wrote: "back slap and attaboy"

attaboy :backslap:

Tad Ted can come here too if he misses you.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
25-02-2017, 03:51 PM
(24-02-2017 11:50 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Tad Ted can come here too if he misses you.

I very much hope that none of the regular theists or trolls from the Amazon atheist forum follow us over. Even after many patient corrections from multiple atheists over periods of months and years, they still repeatedly misconstrued what we wrote. I therefore consider them a pack of liars. I'm sick of all of them. Shocking
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
25-02-2017, 03:55 PM
(25-02-2017 03:51 PM)Jay Vogelsong Wrote:  
(24-02-2017 11:50 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Tad Ted can come here too if he misses you.

I very much hope that none of the regular theists or trolls from the Amazon atheist forum follow us over. Even after many patient corrections from multiple atheists over periods of months and years, they still repeatedly misconstrued what we wrote. I therefore consider them a pack of liars. I'm sick of all of them. Shocking

There are people here who really appreciate the occasional chew toy.

If they get to disruptive to the fiber of the community or if they are found to be "a dick", then Moms will swing the ban hammer.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
25-02-2017, 04:17 PM
(25-02-2017 03:55 PM)Dom Wrote:  There are people here who really appreciate the occasional chew toy.

If they get to disruptive to the fiber of the community or if they are found to be "a dick", then Moms will swing the ban hammer.

Good to know.
25-02-2017, 04:21 PM
I sure hope T. Edwards isn’t The Veridican. That guy was a piece of work, invented his own Scripture and founded his own church. Facepalm

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
25-02-2017, 07:28 PM
Here is an example of a troll post from the Amazon atheist forum. (The earlier example was from a theist.) No, I am not making this up.

pooh p pantz says:

perhaps twould be best to STOP manufacturing conflict w/real or imagined father figures and simply DEAL w/ur private issues

privately

I unnerstant ur totally lonely and isolated - - that's the common theme w/interwebs atheismists (totally NOT obvious)

but

taking that lonliness and heaping atop ur inability to manage ur way out of an unfit social status an unhealthy and disproportionate and inappropriate emotional involvement - publicly - only further isolates u

its hilarious to watch u atheismists

I chk back in once evry weak or too just to chuckle at the same trolls havening the same conversations in wat appears to be the shadow of lives wasted

plz continue

never ever stop

:~)
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post