Yet more evidence that God is Love

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-03-2014, 10:58 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2014 12:14 AM by rampant.a.i..)
This is now a symbolism thread.

[Image: araramug.jpg]

[Image: yny7unap.jpg]

[Image: u6usydes.jpg]

[Image: etypasup.jpg]

[Image: ny4ehyqy.jpg]

[Image: zeqy2ehy.jpg]

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2014, 11:25 PM
RE: Yet more evidence that God is Love
(11-03-2014 04:10 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  Trust in Christ Jesus Thinkerbelle!
~ Miss Meng

I'd like to trust in Christ Jesus Tinkerbelle, but I'm not sure I can trust in someone with that name. Weeping

So, no comment about your loving gawd, and the tsunami.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
11-03-2014, 11:31 PM
[Image: 3b9f4cf5_burn_the_witch_burn_witch_kill_...26-535.jpg]

Not Sabrina, I like her. I was thinking of the OP...

:EDIT: rampant.a.i. - Can't we make it a Monty Python reference thread instead? Haven't had one of those in a while...

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
11-03-2014, 11:40 PM
(11-03-2014 05:35 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  ...
Miss meng ... sighs blissfully.

~ Miss Meng

God is Love
Jesus is the Opiate
Bliss from Ignorance

Drinking Beverage

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
12-03-2014, 12:11 AM
(11-03-2014 11:31 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  [Image: 3b9f4cf5_burn_the_witch_burn_witch_kill_...26-535.jpg]

:EDIT: rampant.a.i. - Can't we make it a Monty Python reference thread instead? Haven't had one of those in a while...

http://youtu.be/krb2OdQksMc

Http://youtu.be/jHPOzQzk9Qo

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post
12-03-2014, 12:13 AM
Sounds reminiscient of:

War is Peace
Freedom is Slavery
Ignorance is Strength
12-03-2014, 12:20 AM
(12-03-2014 12:11 AM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  
(11-03-2014 11:31 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  [Image: 3b9f4cf5_burn_the_witch_burn_witch_kill_...26-535.jpg]

http://youtu.be/krb2OdQksMc

Http://youtu.be/jHPOzQzk9Qo

You can embed YouTube clips with the following code. Thumbsup

[video=youtube] insert video URL here [/video]

For example...

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
12-03-2014, 01:16 AM
(11-03-2014 03:16 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

1 Corinthians 13:1-3

You are indeed a resounding gong and a clanging cymbal, incessant and dull. I suppose what I dislike so much about quotations from any holy book is that they are at their core arguments from authority. Each quote stands without supporting argument, because we are meant to take it on faith that the book is infallible. There is a certain righteous arrogance that makes the whole enterprise look unbelievably stupid. I think that what evidence can be found points to all holy books being man made and deeply fallible.

Quote:Miss Meng takes off her spectacles and looks around.

Miss Meng ought not to speak of herself in the third person, since this behavior has been definitively linked with megalomania. Even if I didn't know that, It would still be creepy.

Quote:Trust in Christ Jesus and ask Him to come into your life and be your saviour...you will never regret it!

Trusting in Jesus may even seem like a worthwhile possibility, until we consider that he is a dead man with flawed and conflicting accounts written of his life, long after his demise. We might also notice that trusting in him inevitably leads us to trusting in organizations formed by men, men who always seem to need more money.

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
[+] 2 users Like Dark Phoenix's post
12-03-2014, 01:19 AM
God loved us so much he created hell. Smile
12-03-2014, 01:26 AM
(11-03-2014 04:10 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  You may yawn Thinkerbelle, but the fact is no other book can compare to the Bible, Thinkerbell....it stands alone. It's the most inspiring, controversial, best-selling, most-read book in the history of the world. That's not just a coincidence. It's the divine revelation from GOD.

Trust in Christ Jesus Thinkerbelle!

~ Miss Meng

We may yawn, and all the more loudly for the many examples of books like the bible available for us to read. Between The Book of Mormon, The Urantia Book, The Koran, the Torah, the Talmud, and the Hadith, to name only a few, we have our hands full of books like the Bible. The Talmud actually pre-dates the New Testament, and would the Old as well, but for its plagiarism into Christianity. "It stand alone". I call bullshit.

It is certainly not the most inspiring of holy books, or even secular books for that matter. Shakespeare had more class, wit, passion, morality, and inspiration than all of the known holy books combined.

If the sales or the numbers of readers and ideological followers were a sign as to what religion were true, I suppose we would have to assume that before Christ ever lived that God was in fact Gods. He spent some time as Zeus, some as Jupiter, the occasional Vishnu. Honestly, how can you be a serious thinking person and think something so stupid?

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx